This Is Madness

RabidTwinkie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Qui-Gon lose? Did nobody watch Taken? Or Taken 2? Liam Neeson is the best!

Qui-Gon forever!!!! :D

Qui-Gon Jinn: If you leave the tournament now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Good luck.

P.S. I voted Qui-Gon. :)

Qui-Gon Jinn: If you leave the tournament now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Good luck.

P.S. I voted Qui-Gon. :)

:D

/5char

Ventress! *sobs* It wasn't even close... *sobs more*

Ah well, guess I'm voting for the Dark Lords now, Darth Sidious FTW! :D

Are you surprised? Who wants to vote for an angry bald girl when you could vote for the coolest looking straw villain ever?

The book is just a novelization of the film, so in terms of canon you need to consider the film first and view the novel as a supplement to what appears onscreen.

Ive been saying this entire time it depends on which source you refer to, you can't just now start saying the book doesn't count.

Which, for the record, since the movie is ****, I always refer to the book first.

Ive been saying this entire time it depends on which source you refer to, you can't just now start saying the book doesn't count.

Which, for the record, since the movie is ****, I always refer to the book first.

But you've got your levels of canon backwards. The film is weighted more heavily because it's "G-Canon".

But you've got your levels of canon backwards. The film is weighted more heavily because it's "G-Canon".

According to you and Lucas maybe, but I can decide what I prefer myself, thanks.

The original trilogy gets the privilege of being the over-ruling canon, but the PT is too ****in ****** to deserve that.

According to you and Lucas maybe, but I can decide what I prefer myself, thanks.

The original trilogy gets the privilege of being the over-ruling canon, but the PT is too ****in ****** to deserve that.

Well, your personal preferences would pertain only to you. The entire reason Lucas established a canon system and tries to maintain internal consistency in his universe is so that fans can all know they're looking at the same universe and have everything flow together smoothly.

Well, your personal preferences would pertain only to you. The entire reason Lucas established a canon system and tries to maintain internal consistency in his universe is so that fans can all know they're looking at the same universe and have everything flow together smoothly.

Could not have put it better myself.

Apparently the phrase "if you go by the book" does not compute with you people. I give up.

You can't just apply a random idiom to an unrelated situation and try to infer meaning from that. Going "by the book" just means you're following a manual or established protocol for a given situation, in this case that protocol would be to reference Leland Chee and George Lucas' canon system...

This round is kind of a joke. Obviously Han and Vader.

Next round I'm a bit more conflicted between Obi and Jin, but maul is an easy pick over Asajj.

If we're going purely by combat, who would win in a 1v1 fight, then Mace Windu is technically the strongest lore wise, by a hair. It should be him vs Sidious, and he would of defeated Sidious in Ep3 if Anakin hadn't intervened. (At least thats how it is in the book, in the movie Sidious looks more like he threw the match intentionally, I go by the book by default)

I always thought Sidious kind of took a dive with Mace Windu, becuase he wanted to force Anakin in a conflict and hand him a choice. Also, even though it didnt matter much, Sidious was outnumbered in the beginning of the scene. So it wasnt technically 1vs1.

Wow I thought the next fight might have been close, guess all of the first rounds are going to be smack downs. The only one that could possibly be close is Dooku vs Tarkin - thoughts on that one?

Think of it this way, who do you know that is a fan of Tarkin more so than Dooku? I'm predicting a landslide.

Wow I thought the next fight might have been close, guess all of the first rounds are going to be smack downs. The only one that could possibly be close is Dooku vs Tarkin - thoughts on that one?

Christopher Lee was awesome in his role, as was Peter Cushing. I think I'll vote Dooku for that one.

On a side note, I don't care too much for TCW Dooku. Doesn't give me the same vibe that Lee did. He needs more screen time for me to be sure, though.

I always thought Sidious kind of took a dive with Mace Windu, becuase he wanted to force Anakin in a conflict and hand him a choice. Also, even though it didnt matter much, Sidious was outnumbered in the beginning of the scene. So it wasnt technically 1vs1.

Big time. People like to argue that Mace Windu was a match for Palpatine because vapaad some let him channel Palpatine's energy back onto him or something, but honestly that sounds much closer to practical combat training. Mace focused his aggression and "dark feelings" as the Jedi called them, and used them to hammer down his enemies. Reflecting energy back is really just a way of describing effective sword fighting, you slide around strong blows and redirect your opponent to avoid taking the brunt of their attacks.

Sun Tzu put it best when he said that an army should be like water, flowing around obstacles and taking the path of least resistance, but also being forceful enough to crush and drown the enemy when he is trapped.

It's quite clear that Palpatine threw that fight, and was just playing for time until Anakin arrived. So he let Mace knock him around until the very end, when he annihilated him with the Force (which he had conveniently held back on this whole time.)

Christopher Lee was awesome in his role, as was Peter Cushing. I think I'll vote Dooku for that one.

On a side note, I don't care too much for TCW Dooku. Doesn't give me the same vibe that Lee did. He needs more screen time for me to be sure, though.

"You cannot contend with the will of Saruman/Count Dooku/Sir Christopher Lee!"