Have marrying a companion mean something

s_w_sanders

Now I might be asking for a lot, but might not to. My BH married Mako and it hasn't meant much. I still get flirt options, she sent me a few gifts which were almost useless to me. Really nothing changed. I'd like to see a wedding, even sid meiers (sorry his name is spelled weird and I can't spell it) pirates had a wedding at it was for xbox and computer and could run on any computer from this century. Just a little thing, show the companions around kiss the companion you're marrying. Have a make me a sandwich button where I can order her off to make me a sandwich (this is a joke I know women don't make married men sandwiches). Something at least.

What I'd love to see is a theatre mode, think of it as "taping your wedding day" where you can review the love story with your character leading up to the "marriage" cutscene and be able to play out the growth of the character. it IS somewhere deep deep in the coding what you wore then and see how you've grown through the game by just playing the love story. That would be cool too.

I don't mind this idea, but at the same time, what about maxed out platonic relationship events? Like my Trooper getting a cutscene where they form a two-man army with X4 and take down an Imperial Stronghold?

Either way though, it's not a bad idea, just hope there can still be something for those of us who don't pursue romance.

I think the issue is that from a story perspective, which is supposed to be the revolutionary content vector here, the companion story just abruptly ends.

There's nothing after the final scene. No periodic emails after the first 2 or 3. There are no continuing conversation options. There's no modification to the ship environment. Nothing. So much more could be done. And there have been so many posts on it.

repeatable conversations (fade2black lol) would have been nice.

Well, consider what was done in Mass Effect. You could go to the captain's cabin for a little date with your guy or gal. It wasn't much, but it did give a small sense of continuity - that something had advanced from a storyline perspective. Hey, you could also do other stuff in your cabin like see your collected items, feed your fish, etc.

Why is none of this in SWTOR?

repeatable conversations (fade2black lol) would have been nice.

Yes. I dream of it... I just can't be bothered to level another Warrior for another 40 hours just to watch convos or different outcomes... :(

And marriage means absolutely nothing. It has no effect on the story, barks or commentary made by your companions. That's why believe it would be rather easy to make a story/companion conversation reset feature because they have no effect at all on how you are addressed in flashpoint/op quests or planetary arcs.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Marrying a companion should unlock two optional, repeatable dailies:

1) DATE NIGHT on Nar Shaddaa

2) PRIVATE TIME in the Captain's Quarters, throw the crew out for awhile

The latter I could see being a hilarious mini-quest set purely in the ship where you have to talk to everyone but your spouse to convince them to leave.

The former though makes all of my characters cringe to realize the hottest date spot in the galaxy would be Nar Shadda of all places.

While not all of them, I know at least some would prefer maybe a weekend in a ski lodge on Alderaan.

The latter I could see being a hilarious mini-quest set purely in the ship where you have to talk to everyone but your spouse to convince them to leave.

The former though makes all of my characters cringe to realize the hottest date spot in the galaxy would be Nar Shadda of all places.

While not all of them, I know at least some would prefer maybe a weekend in a ski lodge on Alderaan.

I would play that mini quest.

I'd even take if the Companion would say something special to their Romance when you right click them (not every time, just cycle it in with the usual canned responses) and then add another at marriage level (again, into the queue with the other right click responses).

I'd even take if the Companion would say something special to their Romance when you right click them (not every time, just cycle it in with the usual canned responses) and then add another at marriage level (again, into the queue with the other right click responses).

I´d be glad if Kira stopped calling me "Boss" switching to "Honey" or smth.

She is the Boss,afterall.:rolleyes:

That would be great, I would love to have some sandwitches from my girl after those laggy times on the war zone, it would really up my motivation (no kidding it would be fun xD even if they cook something more starwars style for you instead of sandwiches would feel nice)...

A Kiss & Hugg Spouse Companion social skill would also be so much appreciated (Of course it must only work with the companion you are married to. Or just imagine your wife Vette watching you kissing Jaesa, or even worst imagine Ashara seeing you attempting to Kiss Khem D: )

BTW I was thinking on some relationship system between players that could also be an alternative to this companion lack of cooperation in love themes, it is something like the social or reputation system but with more cool things and stuff. If you want to check out the thread I'll leave it on a spoiler below

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

• 3 weeks later...