Weekly Pass: Double XP

Rankyn

Personally, I'm really enjoying this weekend's Double XP event.

It's been a great opportunity to work on my alts without the feeling of dread that comes with slogging through content over and over.

I'd love to be able to do it more often and a weekly pass for Double XP much the way the passes for warzones, operations, etc. work would fit the bill.

The cost would have to be high enough to keep Double XP from becoming the norm but not so high that it's cost prohibitive.

It would also be an option for non-subscribers to overcome their XP penalty.

Don't know about a weekly pass since those are, as of now, only for f2p players who don't get what subs get. I think it might work better as an applied boost, just like the minor and major xp boosts are now. Just be Double XP boost (for 1 hr or 3 hrs, same as now). Either way, I totally agree with the OP. It's great for alts - skipping some of the quests I've had to do dozens of times so as to keep my level was amazing.

Signed.

As a casual player, i'd like to see this more often.

This weekend i only managed to lvl my Bounty Hunter from 40-50 (yes, with the double XP).

I would gladly pay for a few hours now and then on my other toons, as i would like to know their stories as well (got a 50 SW and SI too).

And no one should worry about overlevelleling, the planets stories are mostly the same for every class, a few changes in dialogue depending on race and base class on each side.

The dialogue stays the same even with such a huge XP boost as double, and class stories can't be avoided unless you really intend to not do it.

Edited by Raudbjorn

Don't know about a weekly pass since those are, as of now, only for f2p players who don't get what subs get. I think it might work better as an applied boost, just like the minor and major xp boosts are now. Just be Double XP boost (for 1 hr or 3 hrs, same as now). Either way, I totally agree with the OP. It's great for alts - skipping some of the quests I've had to do dozens of times so as to keep my level was amazing.
I wouldn't want to see it as a boost... those become a hassle.

Just because the things labeled "weekly" right now are primarily for the non-subscribers doesn't mean that's their only function.

It's something you buy that enables the feature for a week and that's what this would do.

Use it and start the Double XP countdown.

Clearly the timer would stop when the server goes down or there's a global promotion.

I'm a subscriber, but this is something I would spend my Cartel Coins on in a heartbeat. I love playing through the other stories, and checking out the opposite Advanced Classes. I've actually gone back multiple times through the same class just to run it with differant companions so I could see their reactions to the story (DS Trooper w/ M1-4X is my absolute most fun combination so far). But repeating all those World Missions that don't always fit well for the character, especially after doing them a dozen times already, makes leveling up less of a game and more of a chore.

Double XP does not negatively affect the endgame, because it doesn't have an impact on the gear grind, but it certainly makes the introductory portion of the game more flexible and fun.

I'd love to see this as well. They could call it an"Ultimate XP Boost" or something like that. I would gladly buy these to level alts faster. When you've leveled on each side more than once it really drags on and makes the creation of additional characters really painful.

With Double-XP I was able to basically level through a little PvP and class questing only. I didn't have to do anything else. It was really refreshing to be able to level through mostly just class quests. You get the story kind of all at once and makes for a really pleasant experience.

I like the general idea but I do not think weekly passes are the way to go. A full week of double XP is way too large an amount. Also realize that stacking with other boosts, it would be insane. Five tiers of warzone XP legacy bonus + warzone xp boost CM consumable + double xp weekend + 'weekly double xp pass' = 620% expertise gained from PvP. An unboosted amount of PvP XP gained is around 20k. 124k XP for one warzone? Consistently for the entire double xp weekend? Not a chance.

As I said, I do like the core idea but I think it needs a little adjustment. First: this boost should be a consumable, not a weekly pass, as has been suggested above (a minor (1h) and major (3h)). This consumable would be universal, like the already-existing ones. It would cost more cartel coins, and be BIND ON PICKUP. I do not think it wise to allow players to use credits to buy these boosts. This greatly increases the demand for gold farmers, something which is against the ToS and therefore I assume is unwanted.

There's an interesting problem/question which arises from making this a 1h/3h consumable. If it's doubling all your XP, shouldn't it be account-wide? But if it's accountwide, it would have to stop when you log out. But what if you have toons on another server which are completely independant of your main server, and you don't want them to drain the timer? Or what if you only play on one server, but your main chills on the fleet and you dont't want that toon to run down the timer? I appreciate your thoughts on this.

The weekly pass for double XP is not an entirely unworkable idea but considering the issues I pointed out it would have to cost a LOT of cartel coins. Something like 1000 or 1500. Something you really have to care about to get, not something a casual player can grab and skip leveling. Regardless, whether weekly pass or consumable, MAKE IT BIND ON PICKUP. I support this idea and I support casual players, but this is something you really need to be determined to have in order to get. Not your everyday minor warzone experience boost.

Edited by idnewton

After a second weekend of double XP where circumstances kept me from playing as much as I had planned, I want something like this more than ever.

I'd love to just be able to log in whenever I want based around my schedule and level my alts at a faster pace.

I don't mind being over-leveled for content the first time I've seen it, but after the 4th or 5th, I'm fine with being able to skip it and just focus on my class story.

After a second weekend of double XP where circumstances kept me from playing as much as I had planned, I want something like this more than ever.

I'd love to just be able to log in whenever I want based around my schedule and level my alts at a faster pace.

I don't mind being over-leveled for content the first time I've seen it, but after the 4th or 5th, I'm fine with being able to skip it and just focus on my class story.

The mentality of many, including me. The planet stories and sidequests are good, but they are simply not dynamic enough to be enjoyed after five times.