Please extend the march 29 to april 1 double xp weekend

sepulhead

Actually in America many companies will give you the monday after easter off work (I always complained to the company I worked for because I didn't want the day off). So I say extend it.

EB games doesn't....cause you know ppl wanna buy video games on easter monday....:confused:

April 1st is also a holiday in the United States known as Cesar Chavez Day. Cesar Chavez was born on March 31st, which turns out to be Easter this year, so his birthday is being celebrated on April 1st. The only disclaimer to this holiday is that it is only celebrated in California, Arizona, Texas, and Colorado and is only an optional holiday. I know that most of the courts and universities in Southern California are closed on that day, but community colleges and businesses are not. I assume (note: I'm not trying to make an *** out of anyone) that Bioware Austin means they are based in Texas, so it shouldn't be a stretch asking for them to recognize April 1st as a holiday.

Actually in America many companies will give you the monday after easter off work (I always complained to the company I worked for because I didn't want the day off). So I say extend it.

Yeah, they'll give you the day off if you want to take one of your vacation days. A few nice companies give Good Friday off, but I don't know of any that give Easter Monday off.

The 29th and 30th March, and the 1st April are all public holidays in Australia. The 31st is not officially a holiday.

However, as Australia is well ahead of the USA in the world, Sunday the 31st over there is Monday the 1st April here so the double XP weekend is already extended for us.

Eastermonday is a holiday for all catholics, as far as I know all over te planet.

Oh, and its a coincidence that its the 1st of April this year. Easter is every year on a different date.

Since most american have other confessions I dont think EA will do anything for us europeans. We all know mmo-developers generally dont give a damn about european customers.

april 1 is easter monday. a holiday in belgium.

We get Easter Monday (april 1) off in Canada too. I think it would be nice if we got an extra day of x2 because alot of us will have to visit and entertain family at some point, so we'll be able to enjoy xp later on.

Why would it be a problem that it isn't a holiday in some parts of the world. they can still play.when the double xp weekends start Friday evening most Americans are still at work.

You are just looking at one side of it. The last part of the double xp weekend happens when most of Europe is asleep. So that keeps it in balance.

If they added a full day because it's a holiday in some places but not in others, the people with a day off have a better chance at extra hours than those who have to work that day. So it can create an unfair advantage at that moment. Simply because when you're off you don't have to work and those who don't have off still have to work. So it really is unfair to the people who have to work that day.

Eastermonday is a holiday for all catholics, as far as I know all over te planet.

Oh, and its a coincidence that its the 1st of April this year. Easter is every year on a different date.

Since most american have other confessions I dont think EA will do anything for us europeans. We all know mmo-developers generally dont give a damn about european customers.

Most of the world isn't catholic.

That it's April fool's on Monday is indeed a coincidence.

Your comment about MMO makers not caring about EU customers and even linking it to religion is total bull, so no, we don't all know that. Some people think that and some don't. Nobody knows that. That's a plain and false exaggeration.

Most Catholic and Protestant countries have Monday off work, the USA is one of the few which doesn't.

I don't know how the game's population is split, but it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine at least half of the players are off work/school on Monday.