Ilum XP Farm

Heezdedjim

You can just get someone with a ship to bring you to Ilum (anyone with a ship can get to ilum and anyone that get's on ilum can get the speeder to the new area where they get bolstered). I think you still need to bang out the first few quests on your starter planet to get to the point where you can get to your fleet. After that it's powerlevel powerlevel powerlevel, then go back and do class quests in your tionese/recruit set to at least get your ship and a companion or three.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does if they are using a way to travel there through a priority transport at a lower level than you can normally get to the black hole or ilum.

You are WAY too hung up on this "getting there early" thing. Is it early? Yes. How early? 3 maybe 4 hours without help. With help? Hour'ish.

Edit: and I forgot you can hitch a ride on someone else's ship.

Edited by selios

I just flew to ilum on my own and got on the speeder to the gree event at 27. You don't need any priority transport to do this.

Anyone with a ship can get there.

Edited by veyl

Probably most of the people who are doing this have already mastered most, if not all, of the classes, and they want to get to lvl 50 as quick as possible.

I don't see many people who hasn't played the game before doing this even if they knew it existed.

It's about game integrity. This does trivialize accomplishments in the game.

Imagine what happens when an item comes out that anyone can easily get that kills everything very fast. For awhile, people in general will be happy and entertained - now they can solo fps and and hard modes and raids, see and do all of the content, but... once they've done that for a few days or even weeks, most (not all) will get bored and move on. That's why game balance exists - to keep the tasks challenging and interesting.

Leveling to max level really fast is along the same lines just not as extreme. It's supposed to be an achievement to have a rainbow buff and a high presence (which is handy mostly for leveling alts but now it's not relevant).

Yes, at end game these new characters won't be great. But they'll be just as good as almost any other fresh 50 (even those that grinded quests and flashpoints and wzs) in their tionese and recruit gear and they can always transfer items and mods from other characters using legacy gear... As for the "learning your class" bit - most of the learning for raids and pvp starts at 50 anyways.

I'm sure some of you think that if you have an option of gaining xp really fast or grinding out a few hundred quests/fps/wzs you think you and others will pick option 2. I promise you that is not the case. All of those other pre 50 pursuits will die (no wzs, no gf wzs/heroics) except amongst newbs who will learn. And class quests will be nothing more than a spacebar running-around chore.

If this only lasts for 2 weeks once every six mos or so, that would be relatively ok but still not recommended (change the event name to "2-weeks-of-6x-xp-if-you're-smart"). I guess we'll see.

Read it, I get what you're saying, but I personally still don't care.

It does if they are using a way to travel there through a priority transport at a lower level than you can normally get to the black hole or ilum.

Nope. Still not caring here.

For what it's worth I've got no interest in going with this "exploit". Rushing to 50 is defeating the whole purpose of this game to me, but I don't care if other people do it.

I'd hope next weekend bioware makes it so you can't do this, its not cheating or exploiting but it is boosting. The main problem with this is people are hitting 50 and not knowing how to play their class. I would say a great portion of players already don't know how to play their class however there is enough that do know how to play to balance out warzones and FP's. With that being said I am going to say the next couple weeks of pvp and group finder ques are going to just be terrible to the point where you will just end up stop doing them.

This not only affects subsribers in a very negitive way but also the free to play guys as well.

I'd love to see bioware do some rollbacks here, I know its not going to happen so I guess its lagacy orb strike time till this event is over.

I went out there today at level 47 and got half a level is about 40mins. All I did was do 3 of the quests solo and skipped the pvp and heroic quests. The XP from mobs isn't that good (approx 550xp/normal mob, 4500xp/elite), but the XP from the quests was about 30K/quest.

I'd hope next weekend bioware makes it so you can't do this, its not cheating or exploiting but it is boosting. The main problem with this is people are hitting 50 and not knowing how to play their class. I would say a great portion of players already don't know how to play their class however there is enough that do know how to play to balance out warzones and FP's. With that being said I am going to say the next couple weeks of pvp and group finder ques are going to just be terrible to the point where you will just end up stop doing them.

This not only affects subsribers in a very negitive way but also the free to play guys as well.

I'd love to see bioware do some rollbacks here, I know its not going to happen so I guess its lagacy orb strike time till this event is over.

This is your opinion. You have stated 0 100% facts. The only thing you have stated is possibilities.

The flip side of the possibilities is that since the player leveled entirely in an ops group they are now the greatest raider/grouper ever to have played a video game.

Edit: and since they are the greatest they have a positive impact on the playerbase.

Edited by selios

Yes, opinions are not facts but I don't think anyone was questioning that.

So you hope for rollbacks you know aren't going to happen because other players are terrible, but you're going to level your own characters the same way?

Do you now see what I'm questioning and why I brought opinions into it?

Edited by selios

So you hope for rollbacks you know aren't going to happen because other players are terrible, but you're going to level your own characters the same way?

Do you now see what I'm questioning and why I brought opinions into it?

When did I say anything about leveling a toon like this? I refuse to boost or exploit game mechanics in any game I play. As a matter of fact it saddens me that more game companys don't crack down on behavours like this.

I was going to try this but, I cannot pick up the quest.

Possible Bioware is not allowing anyone to pick this quest up from the news terminal any longer?

Have a level 45+ that you're grouped with pick up the heroic. Spawn the 3 golds x6 times > abandon quest - Repeat.

When did I say anything about leveling a toon like this? I refuse to boost or exploit game mechanics in any game I play. As a matter of fact it saddens me that more game companys don't crack down on behavours like this.

You mentioned "legacy orb strike time til this event is over." I made an assumption that you were talking about new players, silly me, my bad. People that have legacy and still suck....more than likely can't be helped. I'm not talking about tweaking a rotation, I'm talking about the kind of stuff that gets people to quit groups like you mentioned earlier.

Anyhoo, I'm going to agree to disagree. This is nowhere near the level of a credit/item dupe. The purpose of the weekend, and the next 3, count them 1, 2, 3 weekends is to level characters quicker than normal. You have always been able to go to Ilum and get bolstered on the pvp side. You could level faster when the gree event was active last time, the only difference is it would have taken 20 hours instead of 10. Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

Parting thoughts, how many weeks was the gree event around last time? How much of a negative impact did those weeks have on YOU specifically. As in, how many more groups did you have to quit because people were being extra stupid? How many more terrible players did you encounter out in the game world compared to the weeks previous?

I know the answer to those questions, so do you, and the answers to those questions are why this is NOWHERE near as big of a deal as you want it to be.

Edited by selios

You can buy BH priority using CC in ANY level. I'm leveling a jugg level 14, bought my BH pass using CC.

I went to Ilum, Gree area... I had 12k XP, bolster was working at the gree area.

Normal mobs = 260 XP

Elite mob = 1532 XP

*Edit I'm using Major XP boost.

It's not a big deal... Or I'm doing something wrong?

Edited by NogueiraA

in my oppinion theese dbl. xp weekends runis the game experince for new players due to beeing OP to fast and swiff through class missions and normal q's, plus making a fool of others that worked hard for the xp waaay b4 this dbl xp thingies.. :(

this game is the best ive ever done quest and espcially class missions in. the story is gr8, its feeling a bit numb when u can nearly oneshot the semiboss during ur class q's during beeing 3 lvl above normal. :(

just my oppinion..

No. You don't get it and I guess you never will. This isn't about 2x xp weekend although that certainly helps. From what I heard, until the gree even apparently, the fastest anyone was able to level 1-50 was a little over 50 hours.

What does this have to do with anything?

The question is, why were people not doing this during the last gree event, before double XP came along? If you can go to Ilum at level 1 and get to 50 in 10 hours WITH double XP, then how come you couldn't go to Ilum at level 1 and get to 50 in 20 hours WITHOUT double XP? Is there something about the double XP weekend and the gree event together that makes it work for level 1s to power level on gree event mobs? Or is this just something that nobody figured out until the double XP weekends came along?

Cause before this weekend, apparently either nobody figured this out, or people figured it out and just didn't bother doing it. The question is why.

Edited by Heezdedjim

What does this have to do with anything?

The question is, why were people not doing this during the last gree event, before double XP came along? If you can go to Ilum at level 1 and get to 50 in 10 hours WITH double XP, then how come you couldn't go to Ilum at level 1 and get to 50 in 20 hours WITHOUT double XP? Is there something about the double XP weekend and the gree event together that makes it work for level 1s to power level on gree event mobs? Or is this just something that nobody figured out until the double XP weekends came along?

Cause before this weekend, apparently either nobody figured this out, or people figured it out and just didn't bother doing it. The question is why.

They have been doing it, they just didn't make it known that they were doing it. It's caught on now.

in my oppinion theese dbl. xp weekends runis the game experince for new players due to beeing OP to fast and swiff through class missions and normal q's, plus making a fool of others that worked hard for the xp waaay b4 this dbl xp thingies.. :(

this game is the best ive ever done quest and espcially class missions in. the story is gr8, its feeling a bit numb when u can nearly oneshot the semiboss during ur class q's during beeing 3 lvl above normal. :(

just my oppinion..

So stop doing every quest / playing during Double XP / fight them naked.

You can buy BH priority using CC in ANY level. I'm leveling a jugg level 14, bought my BH pass using CC.

I went to Ilum, Gree area... I had 12k XP, bolster was working at the gree area.

Normal mobs = 260 XP

Elite mob = 1532 XP

*Edit I'm using Major XP boost.

It's not a big deal... Or I'm doing something wrong?

yeah i hardly even get that much exp compared to just normal questing.