The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nim kephess sucks ***!

Oh you hit enrage on at 10%? well, on the next attempt, why don't we have kephess jump around even more so you won't be able to dps?

Oh you want to drop the walker on the 3rd drop?? np, let's have kephess land right next to the walker while everyone is dpsing the walker and one shot half of your dps?

Oh, you just killed the third bomber, here's the fourth bomber 5 sec after just because BW hate you. And yes, the bomber just one shot your healer, tyvm.

AHHH I HATE THIS STUPID LIZARD!

He's really hard, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I like that the fight is so tightly tuned though. The feeling of euphoria you will experience when you finally get him is unmatched by any other instance in this game. :-)

With that said, the RNG factor of where Kephess lands is really, *really* annoying. If he lands on top of the third bomber, you're pretty much screwed. I've been in groups that have survived that happening (even in Nightmare Mode), but it requires a VERY quick-thinking knockback or pull. There is also a second RNG factor to this fight which really only affects shadows: if his Arcing Slash (which is divided into 3 hidden attacks by the game) fails to shield or defend on all three components, a shadow tank will die. Vanguards and Guardians are probably in trouble as well, but they are more likely to survive due to the armor factor. Each component of Arcing Slash hits a fully-63 geared shadow for a little over 10k. And there are three components. Even topped off, I only have 28.3k HP. :-S

He's really hard, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I like that the fight is so tightly tuned though. The feeling of euphoria you will experience when you finally get him is unmatched by any other instance in this game. :-)

With that said, the RNG factor of where Kephess lands is really, *really* annoying. If he lands on top of the third bomber, you're pretty much screwed. I've been in groups that have survived that happening (even in Nightmare Mode), but it requires a VERY quick-thinking knockback or pull. There is also a second RNG factor to this fight which really only affects shadows: if his Arcing Slash (which is divided into 3 hidden attacks by the game) fails to shield or defend on all three components, a shadow tank will die. Vanguards and Guardians are probably in trouble as well, but they are more likely to survive due to the armor factor. Each component of Arcing Slash hits a fully-63 geared shadow for a little over 10k. And there are three components. Even topped off, I only have 28.3k HP. :-S

I've never seen that happen even once, I've seen him take chunks out at certain times in the fight but really once Kephis is out its mostly on the heals at that point. If people other then the tank require lots of attention they are doing it wrong.

I've never seen that happen even once, I've seen him take chunks out at certain times in the fight but really once Kephis is out its mostly on the heals at that point. If people other then the tank require lots of attention they are doing it wrong.

I've seen Kephess land on top of the third bomber. Perhaps better groups can handle this but it throws us off the point of non-recovery.

Edited by Khevar

Sorry I meant to say I've never seen him hit a tank for almost all of his health. I've seen him land right where the bomber is many times, its annoying and I think we've only overcome it once.

His Savage Arcing Slash can hit a tank for quite a bit. If you have some bad rng you're looking at quite a close call (for mere mortals like me anyway).

Oh you hit enrage on at 10%? well, on the next attempt, why don't we have kephess jump around even more so you won't be able to dps?!

He jumps around at set periods in time, you should be getting jumps at 98% and 75%, then Gift at 60% if your DPS are good. If not, get better DPS.

Oh you want to drop the walker on the 3rd drop?? np, let's have kephess land right next to the walker while everyone is dpsing the walker and one shot half of your dps?!

1) DPS have some situation awareness and move out of the big bad red circle, keep DPSing.

2) Tank taunts Kephess as soon as he lands, takes DoT.

3) Other tank taunts Kephess and continues kiting.

4) gg walker

Oh, you just killed the third bomber, here's the fourth bomber 5 sec after just because BW hate you. And yes, the bomber just one shot your healer, tyvm.

You killed the third bomber right on the time he was supposed to explode.

Get someone to tank 4th bomber, he'll disappear after walker dies.

Nobody will get one-shot by the walker from full health, healers need to top off health bars.

AHHH I HATE THIS STUPID LIZARD!

He doesn't like you.

TL;DR: It's your group, not the mechanics.

Edited by SamuelAU

Bomber spawning in AE is probably the most annoying thing. If kephess lands near the bomber, that just screws up everything. Yes one of the other tanks can pull the bomber, but that tank will also have to tank kephess at some point and having the bomber aggroed (pull generates a ton of threat and the bomber just kinda follows the tank around after the pull, which ****s it up for the mdps) on the tank isn't very ideal neither...

the vast majoraty of what you discribed can be controlled the only thing of the the previous posters missed out is if you kill the second of the two big driods during a walker shooting phase you can get a bomber to spawn almost right away this gives you more time for dealing with the walker b4 he jumps and red circles you it also helps you with enrage timers our group got annoyed at that too till we figured it out

beans