Powertech players it is time to stand up and be heard!

GostGajol

Pyro dps is now below everyone else, except assassins. With the amount of utility/defensive cooldowns/operation wide buffs we have, we should at least be near the top for dps.

As for the class being 'easy', all classes become easy to use once you learn the rotation. They may take an extra day or 2 to learn, but after that there's no argument for the class being too easy.

More like 7 button rotation on live. Get your facts straight.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like 7 button rotation on live. Get your facts straight.

I'm assuming you're talking to the guy/girl I quoted? :p

-----

Another thing I wanted to add to the thread - I mostly play pyro, but I've tried AP on live and on the pts.

Before the nerf, it needed a buff. Their reasons for nerfing it elude me, but I would be fine if they buffed AP above pyro as long as one of the powertech dps trees made us an asset to our team, be it pve or pvp.

I'm assuming you're talking to the guy/girl I quoted? :p

-----

Another thing I wanted to add to the thread - I mostly play pyro, but I've tried AP on live and on the pts.

Before the nerf, it needed a buff. Their reasons for nerfing it elude me, but I would be fine if they buffed AP above pyro as long as one of the powertech dps trees made us an asset to our team, be it pve or pvp.

derp, yeah I meant the person you quoted, sorry.

I'll support this, but only the AP nerf. I believe the nerf on pyro is really needed.

WTH r u thinking?

PT is fine b4 1.3,

but stupid BW put exp attribute into stupid swtor design ,

then they NERF and LIE to their customers to do huge nerf pyro into more melee with out give them jacket pack or leap

and shield pt is fine b4 1.2, then BW nerf it huge too, make it like a **** in warzone,

pt no need to buff or nerf, only need to roll back to 1.2 or 1.3.

...Another thing I wanted to add to the thread - I mostly play pyro, but I've tried AP on live and on the pts.

This, a thousand times this. I play Pyro because playing the spec I enjoy (AP) is a 200 DPS handicap. It would be fine if the tree were "designed around PvP" and Pyro were the PvE spec, I'd suck it up and understand. Right now (and in 2.0) AP is the spec for people in denial. Nothing more. :confused:

ap needs to be a good alternative to pyro but does not need to be op like pyro. pyro still needs to be nerfed or the other classes made stronger... I think they balanced merc and powertech for 2 seperate games, neither one of them being swtor...

(looking forward to the merc buff that bioware promised, that may or may not ever happen.)

Edited by MarkXXIV

ap needs to be a good alternative to pyro but does not need to be op like pyro. pyro still needs to be nerfed or the other classes made stronger... I think they balanced merc and powertech for 2 seperate games, neither one of them being swtor...

(looking forward to the merc buff that bioware promised, that may or may not ever happen.)

lolol PT Pyro still needs to be nerfed? I just parsed on my PT, using a no-TD build and one with TD. Non-TD was higher by a mere 30 DPS...you know what the damage total was over 6 min?

2350. No adrenals used, and lvl. 49 augments from live. The only class that parsed below that with the same restrictions was a Sin DPS, and as I've said before, they're getting screwed right now too. The next class was using those restrictions (no adrenals and no new lvl 55 augments) was 100 DPS higher.

For the record, I deleted my logs out of disgust. I'm very frustrated right now.

Yeah. Pyro really needs to be nerfed more. NOT EVERYTHING IS PVP BASED

Edited by ScytheEleven

Ummm lol pyro was fine before the nerf.

Also, your merc is out dpsing pyro by 200 dps now (with a lot more utility/op wide buffs), expect no more buffs on that front.

Ummm lol pyro was fine before the nerf.

Also, your merc is out dpsing pyro by 200 dps now (with a lot more utility/op wide buffs), expect no more buffs on that front.

powertech have burst for pvp and mobility, merc suck at pvp standing still and casting. they should nerf powertechs burst and give it more sustained dmg then, also merc needs to be fixed for pvp.

powertech have burst for pvp and mobility, merc suck at pvp standing still and casting. they should nerf powertechs burst and give it more sustained dmg then, also merc needs to be fixed for pvp.

Do you have any numbers, or anything specific to back up why AP was nerfed on the PTS?

dps powertechs have 1 defensive cooldown, no escape or gap closer, no self heals, no self cleanse. Why shouldn't we have burst dps again?

Also, powertechs are easily countered and killed in pvp.

this is the dumbest post ever! you get nerfed slightly for not even 2 weeks ... IN THE PTS and your wanting pt to be heard ans buffed already. Try being a merc or commando and having this nerf, we suck even worse and we have always been bad since 1.2. the nerf is worse for us, you were overpowered forever. plz dont whine

this is the dumbest post ever! you get nerfed slightly for not even 2 weeks ... IN THE PTS and your wanting pt to be heard ans buffed already. Try being a merc or commando and having this nerf, we suck even worse and we have always been bad since 1.2. the nerf is worse for us, you were overpowered forever. plz dont whine

While its nice youbring this subject up because i have commando since prerelease it is also our duty as power5echs to raise a fist and do some stretching here and there so the devs would not feel comfortable with absurd chanes and completly unessesary nerfs done to underpowered talent builds (AKA TACTICS/AP). I feel sory for u guys but tactics was never op so dont bring this childish talk to mans discussion.

dps powertechs have 1 defensive cooldown, no escape or gap closer, no self heals, no self cleanse. Why shouldn't we have burst dps again?

Also, powertechs are easily countered and killed in pvp.

Lol. Maybe other powertechs are easily countered when you are a powertech yourself but it is not the same for the other classes. The other classes counter to powertechs is hitting the revive button.

Edited by MarkXXIV

Lol. Maybe other powertechs are easily countered when you are a powertech yourself but it is not the same for the other classes. The other classes counter to powertechs is hitting the revive button.

Dude, I only PVE. Every now and then if I'm bored, I'll que up for PVP (used to PVP a lot so I at least have a full Battlemaster set).

People who shred PT's a new one:

1) Snipers

2) Operatives coming out of stealth (the worst. by far)

3) Sins coming out of stealth (not as bad as Op's, but if the players good...well uh-oh)

4) Smashers

Edited by ScytheEleven

Dude, I only PVE. Every now and then if I'm bored, I'll que up for PVP (used to PVP a lot so I at least have a full Battlemaster set).

People who shred PT's a new one:

1) Snipers

2) Operatives coming out of stealth (the worst. by far)

3) Sins coming out of stealth (not as bad as Op's, but if the players good...well uh-oh)

4) Smashers

Is this guy real? and grapple is a gap closer, since you don't use it when you raid you probably didn't know you had it. you get shredded because you're bad and only have battlemaster lol

Edited by tavrinDosa

Is this guy real? and grapple is a gap closer, since you don't use it when you raid you probably didn't know you had it. you get shredded because you're bad and only have battlemaster lol

if there is an op class, powertech is one of them. I wish merc was as strong but I guess I can still play sniper though ,so its fine.

Edited by MarkXXIV

In pve mercs can do as much damage. My guild has. A merc that can out dps most pt on live.

I am talking about pvp Lol. any class can do pve just fine I think but I don't know much about pve, I care mainly about pvp.

I want to make a commando cus the gun looks awesome but bioware stil hasn't buffed them yet... kinda wanted to level it during 2x -__-

Edited by MarkXXIV

In pve mercs can do as much damage. My guild has. A merc that can out dps most pt on live.

lol, if a merc can do more dmg than a pt then u play it wrong!

a dread guard merc dps ~= a campaign pt,

my guild pt can do 252X dps,

but that's pve, not many concerned.

PT is still sux at pvp after 1.4, all we need is just to roll back to patch 1.3 or give us LEAP and JUMP with same cd as a jug, take out grap, put it into spec tree, but we need JUMP.

Edited by oakamp

lol, if a merc can do more dmg than a pt then u play it wrong!

a dread guard merc dps ~= a campaign pt,

my guild pt can do 252X dps,

but that's pve, not many concerned.

PT is still sux at pvp after 1.4, all we need is just to roll back to patch 1.3 or give us LEAP and JUMP with same cd as a jug, take out grap, put it into spec tree, but we need JUMP.

Once again, you're crazy if you think PT is bad at pvp with the current update.

Lets go PTs and VGs!!! you can do it!!! You can get your cookie too.

On a serious note, I'm with you, even if I've never played a PT/VG. I'm with you because I know what it feels to be nerfed to the ground.

If you think something should be done, go ahead, show bioware how you care about your class, it worked for assassin/shadow.

Also, right now, your situation is even worst then what the assassins' situation was. At least we had our tank tree. Our tank tree have always been viable/good. But you, PTs and VGs you have nothing left. Your tank tree is easily outclassed be the two other tanks (in pvp at least) and now your two dps spec are in the way to be outclasses.

(I have ZERO experience with PT/VG but if you feel like you need something to be viable in 2.0, I support you. )

Signed:

The Deception assassin who got his cookie XD Electric ambush <3

Edited by Philelectric

Agreed, pyro is too easy to play and is the best single-target burst out there. I think it is much better if they will focus on the AC's unique dps trees (not shared) for more diversity.

Not singling you out, but I think you guys are missing the point.

CGC isn't particularly a pvp nerf. The change to TD is a pvp nerf (pve players don't use TD) and perhaps it's merited, perhaps it's not. But the nerf to CGC changes little in a warzone, where burst is king and DoTs are irrelevant.

What this CGC nerf does do is drop sustained, theoretical DPS in PvE below the threshold where it's worth taking a DPS PT into an op (don't get me started on AP).

So when OP's saying to speak up; he's saying every range spec of every class -other than pyro mercs- exceeds DPS PTs in an operation. That make sense to anybody?