First dps, and then healing. Specs.. thoughts?

iamnotacrook

I was told that i should first go dps before i get Gault, and this is what i have in mind using this untill i go full healing

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/mercenary/15/?build=020000000000000000000000000002233112221200020000000000000300000000000000000000000000&ver=15 Thoughts about this? Good or no good.

And then, when i go healing after i get Gault, i gonna go this http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/mercenary/15/?build=022322121111022212110320001002100000000000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000&ver=15

I am level 18 right so now i haven't really gotten any long. Soon finished with Balmorra.

All right :) And what companion do you use, that works with the healing spec.?

Well, what's funny about that is that everyone says that as a healer you should keep out your DPS or Tank as you can heal them while they fight. I say no to the DPS and yes to the Tank. However as my Trooper I keep out my healer so that I can DPS while she heals. Go with whichever one you feel is better. I keep Mako out, then by Hoth I keep out Blizz.

So i should go healing after i get Blizz? And keep Mako and dps specced untill then? All right. Good thought.

I guess. I just went healer the whole time for groups so as not to be rusty or anything be level 40. It's your play style and don't let anyone tell you different

I guess. I just went healer the whole time for groups so as not to be rusty or anything be level 40. It's your play style and don't let anyone tell you different

Just wanna hear about what others do and so on. So i can learn some myself, i am really a noob as for this class. I dont wanna be different in that way, just wanna learn and so on.

Just wanna hear about what others do and so on. So i can learn some myself, i am really a noob as for this class. I dont wanna be different in that way, just wanna learn and so on.

I totally getcha. If you're a subscriber it won't cost you anything to respec so if you hate it then go DPS by all means

haven't seen what your actual plans are for this toon ultimately OP. There's no set policy that you ahve to go healing once you get gaul. personally, i rocked DPS up til 48, then respecced heals and geared torian out the wazoo. I still currrenly prefer DPS for solo work, and keep mako geared up for it.

This is solely PvE btw....you definitely want to specify what you are doing in the game as well (PvP vs. PvE) because that makes a big impact on the advice as well.

But I just wanted to give you an alternative approach...you can DPS or heal, and you don't need to start healing too early...48-50 was plenty for me to get used to healing using torian.

My plan is only for the pve part, for when i'm leveling solo with my companion. I use heal spec while i'm using Gault now, he's doing very well than i was with mako with dps spec. My survivability is much better now. Now i know a little bit better than before. First timer ever i play as a Bounty Hunter and know very little about what i should spec. and go for. That's why then i made this thread. Cannot buy the latest gear for me and my companion from GTN that often, so i must use what missions and loots gives me. And as you, i will still keep Mako geared up. Sometimes i need her healing. No PVP with this Merc.!! :p Only leveling. I just hate to play this kind of character, just doing it only for story. So only for leveling.

haven't seen what your actual plans are for this toon ultimately OP. There's no set policy that you ahve to go healing once you get gaul. personally, i rocked DPS up til 48, then respecced heals and geared torian out the wazoo. I still currrenly prefer DPS for solo work, and keep mako geared up for it.

This is solely PvE btw....you definitely want to specify what you are doing in the game as well (PvP vs. PvE) because that makes a big impact on the advice as well.

But I just wanted to give you an alternative approach...you can DPS or heal, and you don't need to start healing too early...48-50 was plenty for me to get used to healing using torian.

Edited by iamnotacrook

My plan is only for the pve part, for when i'm leveling solo with my companion. I use heal spec while i'm using Gault now, he's doing very well than i was with mako with dps spec. My survivability is much better now. Now i know a little bit better than before. First timer ever i play as a Bounty Hunter and know very little about what i should spec. and go for. That's why then i made this thread. Cannot buy the latest gear for me and my companion from GTN that often, so i must use what missions and loots gives me. And as you, i will still keep Mako geared up. Sometimes i need her healing. No PVP with this Merc.!! :p Only leveling. I just hate to play this kind of character, just doing it only for story. So only for leveling.

sounds like healing may be a good path for you. It's more flexible from a gearing perspective. Also one nice benefit with gault is his gear is interchangeable with Mako.

Outside of points in peacekeeper, that's my spec as well (although 2.0 more or less forces us to use peacekeeper, so I may as well put points in and get used to it).

I dps'd with Mako until about 40 when I switched to healing with Blizz since my guild was short on healers. Now I run with HK out, but I'm probably overgeared for anything I'm doing with a companion, so I'm not missing the tank (Makeb may change that). Now I almost can't imagine not healing (and am very surprised when GF puts me into dps...)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.