who's your Nemesis?

RayGonJinn

I don't consider anyone my nemesis these days, I just don't pvp enough anymore and no one cares if I do or not.

But back in the good ol' days on Vrook Lamar there was this bad***** by the name of Lal'mirch. It wasn't so much that I dropped everything and ignored objectives to kill him, as it was that if I didn't kill him the objectives were going to be lost.

Edited by Reynaga

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider anyone my nemesis these days, I just don't pvp enough anymore and no one cares if I do or not.

I haven't pvped at 50 as much as I used to but I have noticed that I haven't seen you on as much whenever I do. I knew we had our run ins sometimes, but I consider you a worthy opponent. Less of you in 50s pvp is a loss for the imperial faction. Hope to see more of you in the days ahead.

I consider you a worthy opponent. Less of you in 50s pvp is a loss for the imperial faction. Hope to see more of you in the days ahead.

Thank you Shep, bet you never thought to see me say that now. I just don't like the negativity and all the anger that is directed at new people. I'm unbalanced as it is and it gets old with all the finger pointing. Good luck though and I hope to see you on the field as well.

I have to agree with Shepard. We don't exactly get along, but that doesn't mean I can't respect your worth. I would have to say you were one of the top pvp rage juggs imp side, and always a challenge to fight. We don't have to like each other, but I do miss seeing you walk around in that bulky armor of yours. :p

But back in the good ol' days on Vrook Lamar there was this bad***** by the name of Lal'mirch. It wasn't so much that I dropped everything and ignored objectives to kill him, as it was that if I didn't kill him the objectives were going to be lost.

I shared your message with Lal'mirch. He smiled and said I remember him. I hated him as well. No seriously I liked the player, hated the character because he was very good at going after me.

Edited by Desiirea

I don't believe 1v1 is relevant in an MMO, because there is no such thing as balance.

Also since I mostly only PvP in WZs, where teamwork is key and 1v1 is basically undermining the team, I am not into 1v1.

That's not entirely true though. Excelling at 1v1 could mean the difference between calling inc on a node or handling it yourself and allowing your team to focus elsewhere. It can also allow you to take a node alone, rather than pulling another with you if there happens to be just 1 guard. 1v1 isn't the focus of pvp, but it is still a very valuable skill to have as you will find yourself in that situation one way or another. And you don't really have to worry about "balance" in warzones as people don't always have their cooldowns, so it should be relatively easy for you.

Excelling at 1v1 could mean the difference between calling inc on a node or handling it yourself and allowing your team to focus elsewhere. It can also allow you to take a node alone, rather than pulling another with you if there happens to be just 1 guard. 1v1 isn't the focus of pvp, but it is still a very valuable skill to have as you will find yourself in that situation one way or another. easy for you.

Very much this, while some classes excel at being able to hold their ground without a lot of help, not all classes can, and no one can hold out against every class type. Back in DAoC it was all about group/raid pvp vs group/raid, but groups were also 8 people instead of 4 and raids could have 80+ people associated with them. Everyone had their role, be it the skald that provided everyone with movment speed (fastest means of travel), a warden that could keep a bubble on everyone with spot heals, the mentalist that could cc people, or any of your classic tank/melee/ranged/healer classes.

As MMOs have "progressed" the support classes have become extinct making way for the new generation of gamers that like to play single player games and want to do everything on their own. I've been playing video games for a long time, playing MMOs for 17 years, and even got my wife to play them for the last 12, but games change, people leave, and you either adapt or move on.

Knowing your strengths and weaknesses help you determine how to handle a fight, and even when I play an alt that isn't geared, I can manage to hold out guarding a node to wait for incoming, assuming help responds at a resonable time (once I called for help 3 times in the span of 40 seconds and no one came, then they wondered why we lost the node).

Also killing people isn't the only way to stop someone, just ask Flux A.K.A. Fluxs, he stops people all the time by letting them beat on him for minutes at a time.

I don't believe 1v1 is relevant in an MMO, because there is no such thing as balance.

Also since I mostly only PvP in WZs, where teamwork is key and 1v1 is basically undermining the team, I am not into 1v1.

1v1 is only non-relevant when you specifically leave an objective to do it.

Examples being:

Huttball: chasing non-important targets away from the ball

Voidstar: Fighting away from doors on defense and offense

Civil War: Fighting away from nodes

You get the point.

1v1 as a skill set though is a very valuable things to have. As Neo and Korbin said having a player with the ability to solo guard or solo cap a node is huge. I personally find myself in situations where I solo charge a side turret in civil war with a solo guard, I don't kill the guy fast enough due to CCs, kiting, stealth, ect. The defender basically holds me off enough to get help. They send 2 to cover. That is 3 bodies allocated at stopping 1 body. That leaves 5 bodies to cover mid where we may have 6. That is a huge advantage especially if they send a healer my way.

You are correct to say 1v1 isn't the only thing that holds a person worth. There are multiple things at classify a player as a good player or a bad player. And this is why when I evaluate the post-game scoreboard I don't simply give my MVP to the player who scored the highest or second highest in damage or heals. I try to pick the player who was the most effective team player. Whether that be solo capping a node late in the game or sitting on defense the entire time handling the majority of incomings by him/herself allowing the rest of the team to focus on the other objectives.

I know this is a very lengthy post but i'll end it with this. Teamwork is a core component to warzones. 1v1 is like the icing on the cake. It doesn't hurt to have someone who can effectively play that way, it also doesn't hurt to have great teamwork in a warzone as well. As long as the player is contributing to a team win that's all I care about.

1v1 is only non-relevant when you specifically leave an objective to do it.

Examples being:

Huttball: chasing non-important targets away from the ball

Voidstar: Fighting away from doors on defense and offense

Civil War: Fighting away from nodes

You get the point.

1v1 as a skill set though is a very valuable things to have. As Neo and Korbin said having a player with the ability to solo guard or solo cap a node is huge. I personally find myself in situations where I solo charge a side turret in civil war with a solo guard, I don't kill the guy fast enough due to CCs, kiting, stealth, ect. The defender basically holds me off enough to get help. They send 2 to cover. That is 3 bodies allocated at stopping 1 body. That leaves 5 bodies to cover mid where we may have 6. That is a huge advantage especially if they send a healer my way.

You are correct to say 1v1 isn't the only thing that holds a person worth. There are multiple things at classify a player as a good player or a bad player. And this is why when I evaluate the post-game scoreboard I don't simply give my MVP to the player who scored the highest or second highest in damage or heals. I try to pick the player who was the most effective team player. Whether that be solo capping a node late in the game or sitting on defense the entire time handling the majority of incomings by him/herself allowing the rest of the team to focus on the other objectives.

I know this is a very lengthy post but i'll end it with this. Teamwork is a core component to warzones. 1v1 is like the icing on the cake. It doesn't hurt to have someone who can effectively play that way, it also doesn't hurt to have great teamwork in a warzone as well. As long as the player is contributing to a team win that's all I care about.

Well said

i have the temptations to kill a runner every now and then :p but i usualy play objectivley when my team puts me in a position too if they give me the ball on sephrix or evilnut ill usualy run it i usualy end up geting my 1v1 medals from focus firing a healer before others get to him so its a subject that really cant be viewed at one way you can certainly still pvp and play objectivley i just find that its a team effort to make anyonelook good in the game or to just plain out win. i keep the intentional 1 on 1s for outside the warzone thats where ilum comes in handy.

• 1 year later...
The white whale,takes 6 deathblowes,undying rage,goes under water when hurt,stealth,Wrecks....and has a posey healing him.My laser like focus goes out the door on objectives when i see him.Must kill,must decimate,must desecrate the toons corpse.None of you own it.Iwill this Flying heap of sith must die.No respect no quarter just victory or death...........When u beat his toon.doesnt happen alot.lol.u know he,s mad..........Ahab...aka Brut.

Before I started playing on different servers... id say sabina gave me a good challenge that made all the ranked games really fun. Ever since I started playing on this server again I dont really think I have one. Its sad to think about how a year + ago this game was soo much more fun than it is now.

I actually levelled up with jeep, we made a point to kill each other for the first 55 levels of the game.

But seriously, how's the 4th or 5th best jugg on a rp server holding up these days?

He quit the game, is playing Xbox now and never looking back.

Oh wait, hai Deyvon.