Guild member API

Gawlron

So, I was sitting here the other day and thinking to myself:

"It would be great if each guild could have a sub-site on the SWTOR.com website." But then I shot that down with. "But, EA/BW wouldn't want to be responsible for that - nor should they be."

But what would be really nice would be a Guild Member API that could be used via .Net or PHP based websites to access member character information.

For example, if I had a Guild side, and people wanted to know what my character was geared with, they could click on my handle and they'd get a read-only screen with that information.

Of course this API would be able to read other stuff as well. Just kind of brain storming now.

I guess this would be a suggestion that most developers would see as a good idea, but end-users wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

As a web-developer with prospects of creating a guild: Yeah, I'm with you. I have been searching around the web this evening in search of such tools, but only came across a hosting-site for mmo's that have this feature. I like to be able to create my own site for my guild, set up the interface as I see fit and still be able to list my members without them or me having to update the site each day because they gain a level or the guild gains a new recruit that might not stay.

At the current moment, all one can do is manually update character-data and add a checkbox for "Have you reached max level for character, crew-skills and/or what-not?". Some web-features, please!

I'm a bit of a burn-out (This is a complete understatement :() when it comes to IT these days. But I know there are smart folks like yourself out there would love something like this.

Would it be great to check out your guildies out of game? Or send in-game mail from your web site to help coordinate Ops and Events? I think so...

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was over at http://www.enjin.com/swtor-guild-hosting-website and saw this:

Character imports and sync

Character imports for SWTOR are coming soon. Enjin will feature deep and updated character support for Stars Wars The Old republic.

swtor guild website

Get character and guild data automatically. Import your entire roster with automatic data feeds and synchronsation. (Coming soon!)

Maybe its already in the works?

• 8 months later...