Suggestions for people suffering from Cartel Market trolling

ARIZONAMAN

All these trolls complaining about the Cartel Market or anything having to do with money are sooooo tiring and clogging up these forums. Here is some advice that may help any of you suffering from the 'Whaaaaa Cartel Market' Syndrome.

1. Money is not a bad thing, a company trying to be profitable so it can expand and pay its employees well is not a bad thing. The Cartel Market is not a bad thing (you can get almost anything from the cartel market on the gtn).

2. Put the shoe on the other foot (no, the other foot...no that's your head...yes great you got it) Should I start trolling about how I don't have as much time as many do so I can't get through all the end game content as fast, or have as many alts as others do? Should we all be given a toon from each class and if it takes 'too long' to level them up then Bioware should do it for us? Sound stupid? It should. If it doesn't.....maybe the shoe should go on your head.

3. If someone wants to spend money on the game, they should be allowed to; if you don't want to then you can aquire items from the cartel market through other means-just look at the new vendors introduced today. If there's something that can't be had unless it's purchased through the Cartel Market, then make a suggestion on how to change it (not 'just give it to me for free now'). But realize that it's okay for some things to be solely for those who want to invest money, and not time . Just like some can invest time and not money (get that shoe out of your mouth, that's gross)

4. Repeat each sentence 10 times twice a day for a week, after first saying 'I feel good about myself, I am important':

a) Cartel Market does not equal P2W

b)Cartel Market does not favor anyone more than long Operations favor anyone (extra money vs extra time)

c)If someone has more cartel coins than you they are not evil (no really, they're not)

d)repeat a) from above

Hopefully this will help pull some of you out of your minds' imaginary world of misery and envy, and come back to the happy happy joy joy life of playing SWTOR for fun.

Most MMO players think that all MMO games should be about investing time only in getting game gear, titles, mounts, etc.

Those days are fading. Adapt or die.

There are many working people with much disposable income, but little time. They don't want to wait 10 years what it took little Joe Johnson living in mom & dad's basement 1 month to achieve.

They have money. MMOs are now making these things available to people with little time, but lots of money.

Yeah, sure, ok, its heaven for people with lots of both. I can't say I'm complaining at all. ;)

So, to those of you with little time AND money.................

........you're screwed. Deal with it. :D

Most MMO players think that all MMO games should be about investing time only in getting game gear, titles, mounts, etc.

There are many working people with much disposable income, but little time. They don't want to wait 10 years what it took little Joe Johnson living in mom & dad's basement 1 month to achieve.

They have money. MMOs are now making these things available to people with little time, but lots of money.

Yeah, sure, ok, its heaven for people with lots of both. I can't say I'm complaining at all. ;)

Adapt or die? Where have I heard that...? Oh wait...

We all know how that one turned out. :rolleyes:

But you are right.

Adapt or die? Where have I heard that...? Oh wait...

We all know how that one turned out. :rolleyes:

But you are right.

Hey, I'm not saying that I don't feel the pain of the hardcore player. I do, but its a pain that makes me laugh, because they brought me so much misery over the years of playing MMOs. :D

What I'm REALLY trying to say here is......

Resistance is Futile. :hope_08:

On the flip side:

Here is some advice that may help any of you suffering from the "Let's always apologize for what BioWare does" Syndrome

Same thing in reverse.

Yeah, because the forums have always been so overwhelming pro-Bioware and littered with nothing but positivity since Day 1, LOL.

It seems weird to me, how people get all bent out of shape over this stuff. I've seen lots of items in this game that I wanted, but I wasn't willing to pay the price in time/money/opportunity for it. You know what I do in those cases? I just let it go.

I've been so much happier ever since I learned to accept that nothing is perfect in life, and to stop envying other people for being willing to pay a price I wasn't willing to pay for something cool.

I´m with you on this one. Except I dont think you should be able to purchase Endgame-Items with Real Money. Cause that would ruin the game itself.

You mean most MMO's in this country. Because of WoW. There was a great article on IGN where they had quotes from MMO developers in China (I believe), and they basically said our model was dumb. They have games that are entirely pay to win.

Then again, none of this stuff gives you a real advantage, it's mainly cosmetic. And on top of that, you can purchase it on the GTN.

So, it all boils down to there is one digital bar that is dark blue, that some people won't be able to turn yellow because they will have to buy cartel packs. But even this is silly, because if you're a subscriber you get CC every month. You can buy packs with them.

All I can say is get used to it. This is probably the model a lot of companies will be using going forward as game after game fails on the subscription model.