New Cartel Packs DO contain new (not-reskinned old gear)!

TheBBP

You always complain about not having robes with hoods down, then they give you a robe with a hood down and you moan about that too lol, take a breath of air and calm down lol.

on topic, new cartel items look awsome.

Faith restored \o/

It's an armor, not a robe...

But I like the KotOR sets on the horizon.

Oh, right... Deep breath.

But that post was totally on topic. We've got a reskinned piece of armor. New packs do contain "old" gear. Though it's a minority. Organa trooper set is also a reskin.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fresh looks for sure, but nothing that really catches my desires this time around. But other people will like a lot of the new outfits.. so props to Bioware.

The vribrosword jumped the shark IMO. It looks like it belongs over in a high elf fantasy MMO, but I'm sure it will be popular.

Not that I spend much time on fleet... but when I do.. I'm not looking forward to seeing skiffs running back and forth all over the place. Be nice for cruising out on the planets though.

The aratech speeder is nice, but is a little over-done for my tastes. Should drive the price of mantas down though. :p

It's an armor, not a robe...

But I like the KotOR sets on the horizon.

Oh, right... Deep breath.

You should just run around nekkid and relax. :p

We should start a pool on the forum for picking the date that Alec is actually satisfied with the gear releases. :D

Actually, all the weapons are reskinned versions of the new 2.0 weapons. So only the handmaiden/malak armour sets, the vibrosword, the kolto tank, the new pets and the hutt skiff mounts are "new", putting it in the same line as the previous cartel packs in regards to how much is not-reskinned. Edited by LordExozone

Actually, all the weapons are reskinned versions of the new 2.0 weapons. So only the handmaiden/malak armour sets, the vibrosword, the kolto tank, the new pets and the hutt skiff mounts are "new", putting it in the same line as the previous cartel packs in regards to how much is not-reskinned.

The Genteel Dress, Organa Statesman, Rascal's Toothpick and Relaxed Jumpsuit are all re-skins of previously available stuff too?

maybe this is the wrong place to post this but, albeit I like the new cartel pack stuff, it just seems that BW is moving to a Cartel Pack only model as opposed to selling individual items as before. I could be wrong but this looks like a serious cash grab, not that it wasn't before. SO now I have to gamble to get one of the new speeders? That could cost much more than just being able to buy it outright. Not happy!

maybe this is the wrong place to post this but, albeit I like the new cartel pack stuff, it just seems that BW is moving to a Cartel Pack only model as opposed to selling individual items as before. I could be wrong but this looks like a serious cash grab, not that it wasn't before. SO now I have to gamble to get one of the new speeders? That could cost much more than just being able to buy it outright. Not happy!

Just let other people buy the packs and buy the specific items that you want from them using credits.

Whats the reclaimed Jedi set look like.

good point. I was all excited last cartel adds when I got my Skull Speeder on the first pack I bought. One day later they are selling on the GTN for $300k. Never again, lol.

You don't have to gamble.

You can wait a couple days and buy one from the GTN, if you have the credits.

If you don't have the credits, you can buy the new packs and put them on GTN unopened and you'll get the credits. And you'll be way, WAY ahead (EV wise) of where you would have been had you opened the packs.

Fresh looks for sure, but nothing that really catches my desires this time around. But other people will like a lot of the new outfits.. so props to Bioware.

The vribrosword jumped the shark IMO. It looks like it belongs over in a high elf fantasy MMO, but I'm sure it will be popular.

Not that I spend much time on fleet... but when I do.. I'm not looking forward to seeing skiffs running back and forth all over the place. Be nice for cruising out on the planets though.

The aratech speeder is nice, but is a little over-done for my tastes. Should drive the price of mantas down though. :p

I'm one of those who really likes a few of those armors. I'm glad to finally have a second and maybe third, fourth, and fifth set of gear that I could enjoy my characters wearing.

The sword is interesting, the sort of thing I'd like to hang on my wall. But you're right it looks really out of place in this setting. And the skiffs - fleet will be filled with ahmigerd, get off the mailbox!!!!!!

Lots of good stuff in the new packs and it seems like the drop rates are better and less duplicates. No scientific data on that, just anecdotal, but less garbage like ball toss and banners and doesn't seem to get the same thing over and over.

I have to admit last set of cartel pack have few nice armor sets.

I also saw one item will have issues no matter how to mix with other gear it is Genteel Dress top.

Instead of a small piece hanging down like those fancy tops have, this Dress top has huge robe like pieces hanging down that is cut in half from middle.

If you go run around or be in combat it clips heavily with legs no matter what you wear in legs slot.

Bioware fix the clipping asap, its ridiculously buggy take a look: http://oi47.tinypic.com/2rcoqqr.jpg

Edited by Divona

I have to admit last set of cartel pack have few nice armor sets.

I also saw one item will have issues no matter how to mix with other gear it is Genteel Dress top.

Instead of a small piece hanging down like those fancy tops have, this Dress top has huge robe like pieces hanging down that is cut in half from middle.

If you go run around or be in combat it clips heavily with legs no matter what you wear in legs slot.

Bioware fix the clipping asap, its ridiculously buggy take a look: http://oi47.tinypic.com/2rcoqqr.jpg

Agreed. This is a lovely item but the clipping lets it down. A fix would be great.

I love the Genteel Dress and currently wear it, so if they could fix that issue I would be so delighted!

Yup im planning this too if they would fix it. Handmaiden is also lovely but the hood just ruins it all, and i hate to use headgear to force hood off :(