Erked.

Levity

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not directed at you Beef_Cake.....What is funny and ironic is that selling certificates on the GTN appears to be largely "OK", but selling unopened cartel packs isn't to some of the gripers.

This tells me they want their cake and want to eat it too. They want to buy and open packs, take the goodies and then sell the certificates. :)

Note: I'm in favor of making the certificates sellable as well... as there is absolutely zero difference except for the desire of pack buyers to maximize what they get to do with opened pack contents.

Not to mention the ability to sell what would otherwise be useless rep tokens once the pack buyer/opener hits legend if the tokens remain bound. I'm fine with the tokens being bound and not able to be traded or sold.

then don't call it a "thank you for buying from us"

because you know what "thank you for buying from us" looks like? like a discount on future purchases, or free gifts. it doesn't look like "you get extra if you buy more from us, oh and btw, its the same for everyone whether you spend money with us before, or not"

you know what thank you looks like? getting extra cartel coins that original subscribers got when game when free to play. this? this right here? is NOT a thank you.

if they wanted to thank people, they would have mailed them a rep token and possible that other token you need to buy stuff from a vendor, for every item they previously bought from cartel market. THAT is a thank you.

and yes, they can tell if you made purchases from cartel market, if you bought extra coins etc. - its all listen on your account page.

A discount on future purchases is exactly that, a discount on FUTURE purchases, not a discount(refund) on past purchases. The rep tokens are for FUTURE purchases-not for past purchases, in exactly the same way a discount for future purchases is not a refund on past purchases.

With as much as you're on the forums, when do you have time to play the game?

You're like some peculiar relic from the past where people don't normally have multi-monitor set-ups. Shouldn't you be in a cage so scientists can study your primitive habits?

Stay right there, I'll go get some tranquilizers.

The rep tokens and rep currency items need to be able to be sold on the GTN like everything else from the cartel market. It's not a very good thank you to your customers if they max out on these things from purchasing packs and then can't do anything with the extras.

I listened to the dev panel from SXSW and they said one of the things they were most proud about the Cartel Market was that the players could sell the stuff to other players - that needs to apply here as well.

Here is what I believe the crux of the problem is for a lot of the people complaining. If the tokens and certificates are bound, they will have to decide whether to fleece other players by selling the unopened packs(which would allow the pack buyer the chance to recoup some of the cost for the pack by selling the rares in the pack), or opening the packs to sell the rare items but not be able to gouge the rep grinders as well.

Here is what I believe the crux of the problem is for a lot of the people complaining. If the tokens and certificates are bound, they will have to decide whether to fleece other players by selling the unopened packs(which would allow the pack buyer the chance to recoup some of the cost for the pack by selling the rares in the pack), or opening the packs to sell the rare items but not be able to gouge the rep grinders as well.

Ive re read this 3 times, but cant work out what you are saying?

First you say if the tokens are bound, but they are bound.

Then you go onto say, they will have to decide. Who is they?

I can only presume you're not a native english speaker? Even aside from the 2 points I've outlined, the rest is still very unclear as to a point you are trying to make.

Edited by Mowermanx

Ive re read this 3 times, but cant work out what you are saying?

First you say if the tokens are bound, but they are bound.

Then you go onto say, they will have to decide. Who is they?

I can only presume you're not a native english speaker? Even aside from the 2 points I've outlined, the rest is still very unclear as to a point you are trying to make.

Allow me to put it in clearer terms:

As it stands now:

Rep tokens and certificates are BOP. Player A wants to reach legend status and also sell the new rare items for credits. Player A buys packs, opens them, uses the rep tokens and sells the rares, until he reaches legend status. At that point, player A has two choices:

1) He can continue to buy packs and open them to sell the rare items for credits, but the bound rep tokens are useless since he is already at legend status. The certificates can be saved to be used for any items he chooses to buy so they are not totally useless. Oh noes.

2) He can buy packs and sell the unopened packs, eliminating the "useless" rep item dilemma, but that means he will not be able to sell the rare items for credits. Player B who bought the pack and opened will get the credits from selling the rare items. Oh noes.

The way some people want it to be:

Make rep tokens and certificates able to be traded or sold. This allows player A to buy packs, open them, sell the rare items and use the rep tokens til he reaches legend status. At that point, player A can continue to buy packs, open them and sell the rare items for credits, BUT the rep tokens are not useless any longer, because he can sell them for credits, too.

I just read the Bioware/EA post, and now its time for me to be blunt. First the only three things that are keeping me in this game is the custom armor, the community of guilds I belong to, and the fact that it is star wars. If for any reason what so ever you start to circumvent the subscribers, and try to force us to buy cartel packs, just to keep up with pve/pvp I am gone for good. By saying you want to reward those who spend RL money on cartel packs, is a bad sign by my point of view.

To me that statement says to hell with the sub players, to hell with the f2p players, lets only reward those with deep pockets that throw gobs of money at these packs. This is sicking at best, when did the mmo world turn into, the rich only world? I can afford a sub, but what I cant afford is to throw 10 bucks or more on a weekly basis at cartel packs.

Another thing if the devs do have plans on getting rid of the sub and just putting random loot in packs that we have to buy with RL money, that too would make me leave.

Now these blunt words being said I could be wrong. The best bet you have, as the devs, at proving me wrong is showing some amazing looking custom gear and mounts in the expansion. What Ive seen so far is not even close to being up to par with what you have put in the cartel market, which is only going to make things worse not better. Frankly that trooper helmet that was just added to the game should have been put in for the armormechs on both imperial and republic side.

These are the words of a annoyed subscriber.

Sure I do or I can get a good estimaite given the current cartel packs on my server.

80 million is close and I don't know anyone that even has half that much less the coins.

The only thing it proves is that the numbers are so out of wack to reach any rep level in a feasible amount of time real cash is a damn near must but thank God they left the real money reputation gauge have a higher cap.

You didn't end anything.

It's no wonder the last CM Joveth left the game when he knew he would have to deal with this development in the game.

Define feasible amount of time, please. Do you feel that if you do not max out your rep in two weeks, you fail? Not everything needs to be done overnight or even in a week, or two weeks. If it takes a couple of months for me to grind enough credits to buy enough packs on the GTN to reach max rep, so be it. I'm in no hurry.

Well... In 5 months I am going to wear that ridiculous Ulgo-like crown and I'll let them all know who I am. "Look at me. I am the man wearing $800 worth hat!"

Wish I knew people in real life who'd shell out such amount of it for real hats! I can't wait to see the two or three people from the entire player base who will actually get it.

People regularly pay that much and more for a pair of shoes.

Allow me to put it in clearer terms:

As it stands now:

Rep tokens and certificates are BOP. Player A wants to reach legend status and also sell the new rare items for credits. Player A buys packs, opens them, uses the rep tokens and sells the rares, until he reaches legend status. At that point, player A has two choices:

1) He can continue to buy packs and open them to sell the rare items for credits, but the bound rep tokens are useless since he is already at legend status. The certificates can be saved to be used for any items he chooses to buy so they are not totally useless. Oh noes.

2) He can buy packs and sell the unopened packs, eliminating the "useless" rep item dilemma, but that means he will not be able to sell the rare items for credits. Player B who bought the pack and opened will get the credits from selling the rare items. Oh noes.

The way some people want it to be:

Make rep tokens and certificates able to be traded or sold. This allows player A to buy packs, open them, sell the rare items and use the rep tokens til he reaches legend status. At that point, player A can continue to buy packs, open them and sell the rare items for credits, BUT the rep tokens are not useless any longer, because he can sell them for credits, too.

Thanks for that, and you do make some points to allow them to be traded.

Thanks for that, and you do make some points to allow them to be traded.

I'm actually against the rep tokens being made unbound. Rep tokens should remain BOP, in my opinion. I think if a person wants to sell the rare items in a pack, then they can deal with the rep token being useless if they have already capped that rep,or do not want that rep. If a person wants to gouge others who are trying to gain the current cartel rep, they can sell the unopened packs. There is no reason why someone should be able to gouge the market for both the rare items in the packs AND the rep tokens.

I do agree, though, that the certificates should be legacy bound.

I completely agree with this post, and I was pleased to see Eric's response to it. At a minimum, I feel the certificates need to be bound-to-legacy.

To continue on this track, historically one of the benefits of all previous Cartel Market items was the ability to transfer them to other players in the game. In fact, BW went to great lengths to make sure this was feasible, even if it took them time - for example removing the binding of the ship droid customizations.

As someone who has bought a considerable number of cartel packs - BW look up my purchases - this reward system is not that beneficial. The intent is appreciated, but its manifestation is less than ideal.

The pay for reputation is fine, and the access to exclusive credit-purchasable gear is nice. I feel this is very similar to the exclusivity granted to CE owners.

However, the Cartel Market Certificates are lacking. I believe there are currently two unique items that require this currency - the Aratech Eclipse and the Resplendent Crown of Avarice. All of the other items that require this currency were previously available via Shipment 1 Packs. I submit that those who are likely to open enough packs to acquire the reputation and/or certificates are probably the same players who already opened enough packs from Shipment 1 to acquire all of the rare items.

Simply, you are offering rewards to people that already have the intended reward, and now your reward comes with strings attached.

I could also envision a situation where those who have purchased the most packs quickly max out their reputation. If this happens, a BoP reputation token negates the value they derive from future packs, which could reduce their willingness to buy more packs. In other words, you are disincentivizing your best customers from buying more.

Personally, I feel all Cartel Market items should be transferable to other characters.

^This. Every last word.

I had thought to chase the new rep vendor exclusive speeder, but having experienced the dismal drop rates for the required certificates, coupled with the fact that nearly everything else is readily available on the GTN for next to nothing... I just won't bother buying more packs until the system receives a rework.

So bioware you probably made millions already from ppl that got suckered into this system and bought enough packs to become legend. Can you revert back to something reasonable, something that subscribers don't need to pay EXTRA money to achieve , or is the direction of the game gonna be this ? New content will be achievable by people that pay extra fees on top of the subscription ?

So bioware you probably made millions already from ppl that got suckered into this system and bought enough packs to become legend. Can you revert back to something reasonable, something that subscribers don't need to pay EXTRA money to achieve , or is the direction of the game gonna be this ? New content will be achievable by people that pay extra fees on top of the subscription ?

Legend status in two days? My friend, if they got to legend status in two days then having a so-called 'pay to win' reputation (lolz) is the very, very, VERY least of their problems. Folks getting upset over a reputation for Cartel Market buyers is just ... I mean ... it's just ... wow. Really? It's a rep, folks. A REP. You can buy some of the stuff with credits. If you don't like the way they handle it, then don't do it. End of story. It's not meant to be blitzed to Legend status in a week. It's probably meant to be reached sometime two years down the road. The only legitimate argument here is making the certificates BoL. That's actually a very smart idea.

Why does everything have to be consumed so quickly? I just don't get it. QQ all you want. Bioware can do what they like in their game. You don't like it? Vote with your wallet and stop crying.

Legend status in two days? My friend, if they got to legend status in two days then having a so-called 'pay to win' reputation (lolz) is the very, very, VERY least of their problems. Folks getting upset over a reputation for Cartel Market buyers is just ... I mean ... it's just ... wow. Really? It's a rep, folks. A REP. You can buy some of the stuff with credits. If you don't like the way they handle it, then don't do it. End of story. It's not meant to be blitzed to Legend status in a week. It's probably meant to be reached sometime two years down the road. The only legitimate argument here is making the certificates BoL. That's actually a very smart idea.

Why does everything have to be consumed so quickly? I just don't get it. QQ all you want. Bioware can do what they like in their game. You don't like it? Vote with your wallet and stop crying.

Already voted, my sub wont renew anymore. The problem is that this establishes a direction in development that will focus on adding content that will be only achievable if more money from the user base is spent, on top of what is already paid ( like it has been happening since the cartel was introduced) . But i guess you cant think that far ahead, have fun when they do the same with top end gear, I will go ahead say to you that its not p2win , no one is forcing you to buy top raiding gear, and you can get the tokens by spending credits on gtn to buy the packs, no real problem there bro , u mad ? Vote with your wallet.

Already voted, my sub wont renew anymore. The problem is that this establishes a direction in development that will focus on adding content that will be only achievable if more money from the user base is spent, on top of what is already paid ( like it has been happening since the cartel was introduced) . But i guess you cant think that far ahead, have fun when they do the same with top end gear, I will go ahead say to you that its not p2win , no one is forcing you to buy top raiding gear, and you can get the tokens by spending credits on gtn to buy the packs, no real problem there bro , u mad ? Vote with your wallet.

You are a very angry little Jawa. I suggest getting some sun. And good for you, you voted with your wallet! It's the best way to effect change in this game. Don't support what you don't like. It's a bit of a leap to bring raid gear into the equation since it's not what the topic is about, but I do heartily appreciate your attacks on me.

Best of luck!

You do know that the math has already been done right? It takes something like 187 months of subscriber stipend to even get legend with 1 faction. Now there are going to be a new faction with every CM shipment. WTH!!!!!

You do know that the math has already been done right? It takes something like 187 months of subscriber stipend to even get legend with 1 faction. Now there are going to be a new faction with every CM shipment. WTH!!!!!

So if it is important to you, use more than your stipend. Buy packs off the GTN or buy cartel packs (which is what the "reward" is meant for). Not into either of those options? Focus on what you are into.

the only three things that are keeping me in this game is the custom armor, the community of guilds I belong to, and the fact that it is star wars.

True for many many players of this MMO actually, including myself.

The thing is, nothing about the Cartel Rep perks impacts what you just stated as your reasons for playing the game. So, I'm not sure why it is such an issue for you.

Which means simply that it is not something everyone will even bother pursuing. There is nothing material to the game in what this rep offers. Which frankly is true for a lot of what is in the cartel packs. Other then the armor, weapons, mounts, pets.... the rest is hyper-fluffy useless stuff. Fankly, iMO the cartel rep and it's perks are also hyper-fluffy. So it will likely be exclusive to hyper-fluffy collectors.