Erked.

Levity

But the only thing is that with that security vendor or even the collector's vendor..you only made a ONE TIME purchase.And don't forget you can enter the vip area by buying an ingame item.

True, but you still can't use the vendors. The VIP area is worthless otherwise.

And you can still earn rep and access to the cartel vendors by spending credits earned in-game.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the only thing is that with that security vendor or even the collector's vendor..you only made a ONE TIME purchase.And don't forget you can enter the vip area by buying an ingame item.

Your cartel rep can be a one-time purchase. If you care to drop ~$800 on one fell swoop.

I just wanted to know what you thought would be a fair reward. Title is very similar to rep, because you get titles for progressing on rep. I hope that made sense.

Anyway, since you brought up the security vendor, here's another way to think of these things. They reward you with exclusive items for using the security key because it keeps the game more secure.

They reward you for buying tons of cartel packs because it keeps the game profitable.

Either way, you are helping them reach their goals and you get a big thank you for it.

Not entirely the same thing...

A lot of people like to fill the little Rep boxes up - it's an in-game accomplishment to them. This seems like a very cheap way of making those types of players choose what's important to them...as that type of player will never feel "complete" as long as that box is empty.

If that is your opinion, don't support it. This does not affect you. :eek:

That's oversimplifying things. A lot of people collect speeders, for example; to do that now, you are going to have to sink hundreds or thousands of extra dollars into the game every year and that's IF you are lucky and get enough certificates.

When content is "optional" it should mean there is another reasonable alternative. I can skip PvP and do Flashpoints instead if I want a little help getting XP while levelling. I can buy a Cartel chestpiece for 50k credits on the GTN, which is 20 minutes' worth of dailies. I can skip the Gree PvP missions and just do the PvE ones without affecting my rep gain very much. But I can't buy this Contraband super speeder without either millions of credits (and the associated time to get it) or hundreds of dollars AND luck into getting the certificates on top of that. There's no feasible alternative to wasting tons of money unless you're one of the few who was able to craft 27 gear early on or something and are swimming in credits.

Edited by Telanis

Not entirely the same thing...

A lot of people like to fill the little Rep boxes up - it's an in-game accomplishment to them. This seems like a very cheap way of making those types of players choose what's important to them...as that type of player will never feel "complete" as long as that box is empty.

I get it. What I'm saying is, some people collect titles. Same situation for them with a title reward as it is for rep collectors now.

That's oversimplifying things. A lot of people collect speeders, for example; to do that now, you are going to have to sink hundreds or thousands of extra dollars into the game every year and that's IF you are lucky and get enough certificates.

When content is "optional" it should mean there is another reasonable alternative. I can skip PvP and do Flashpoints instead if I want a little help getting XP while levelling. I can buy a Cartel chestpiece for 50k credits on the GTN, which is 20 minutes' worth of dailies. I can skip the Gree PvP missions and just do the PvE ones without affecting my rep gain very much. But I can't buy this Contraband super speeder without either millions of credits (and the associated time to get it) or hundreds of dollars AND luck into getting the certificates on top of that. There's no feasible alternative to wasting tons of money unless you're one of the few who was able to craft 27 gear early on or something and are swimming in credits.

Sure you can. Buy packs from the GTN. Boom!

-Edit- It does not matter that it costs millions of credits to accomplish this. Many items on the GTN cost millions of credits and that's for ONE ITEM. With this you get WHOLE PACKS OF ITEMS. Sell a bunch of that crud back and recover some creds that you spent.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

I get it. What I'm saying is, some people collect titles. Same situation for them with a title reward as it is for rep collectors now.

Nope. Titles don't show as "not collected/earned" when you pull down the box...Rep does. Slight difference. One taunts you with what you don't have, the other simply displays none of them.

Nope. Titles don't show as "not collected/earned" when you pull down the box...Rep does. Slight difference. One taunts you with what you don't have, the other simply displays none of them.

But you know they're out there. :D

And if the incomplete rep box causes that much anxiety I would honestly recommend seeking help from a licensed counselor. That's not taking a shot at anyone. That's simply noting that there are deeper issues to be dealt with.

I'll leave you for the day with this real world example. Say I have season tickets for a pro sports team. I have access to watch the game, use restrooms, and buy concessions and souvenirs. Ok? I have standard tickets, so I don't have access to the club seats or upscale concessions. Those are reserved for people who support the team in a different way (in this example, paying more money). Am I being cheated? I pay for access to the stadium. I'm willing to pay for the better food. Do I have a right to it? No. That's not meant for me and I simply have to accept that and enjoy my boring hot dog.

I think most people are mad about the fact that there are so many bugs in the game (FP disconnects, hood problems, etc) that have been in the game for so long and with every update all they do is add more cartel items. I don't mind the cartel market, I've made some minor purchases here and there, but when as a sub you are waiting for more new content or AT LEAST some fixes to current content, and all you get is new content that you can't access without:

A. Waiting ages for the sub cartel coin stipends to kick in

B. Opening your wallet in addition to the sub you are already paying for

C. Grinding loads and loads of credits

it irritates people. Yes, they are fluff items. But it IS content. What's the point of having a sub if the content they add on requires you to do the things mentioned above? If they had added a way to grind the rep like Section X or Voss, that would of been fine. They could of rewarded both subbers and cartel market shoppers. But after waiting so long for updates/fixes and getting this, I can understand why people are upset. They should be.

When I think of a subscription to a game, I think of access to all content. After all, that's why we pay the subscription. Some people go F2P, some go preferred, some buy what they need when they need it at the market, some buy loads of packs in the market. That's fine. A sub is what I choose and I shouldn't have to spend more or grind to a ridiculous credit amount (someone said over 50-60 million?) in order to access this.

Edited by KorathTheCool
Grammar

Optional means you have a choice to do it or not. It doesn't mean there's alternate avenues to obtaining it.

PvP, flashpoints, space missions, operations... they're all optional. You don't have to do any of them. That's just like the cartel market. Totally optional. I play this game just fine and I don't use the Cartel Market. I think I bought 2 packs when this game first came out just to see what's in the packs (and by bought I mean I used my previously earned coins as a subscriber). How many packs have I bought since then? 0. Nada. Zilch. Am I still able to play the game? Yep. Sounds totally optional to me.

I don't understand where you people seem to think there's no choice and it lacks options. You have the option to get the cartel items, but it will cost you cartel coins or buying from the gtn. Yes, you don't have the option to earn them via a quest, but that doesn't mean the packs aren't optional. Stop trying to play victim because you feel you need to obtain the packs or fill up some vanity rep bar.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Sure you can. Buy packs from the GTN. Boom!

-Edit- It does not matter that it costs millions of credits to accomplish this. Many items on the GTN cost millions of credits and that's for ONE ITEM. With this you get WHOLE PACKS OF ITEMS. Sell a bunch of that crud back and recover some creds that you spent.

Can you imagine if an airline offered to sell you a first class seat for 50x the ticket price if you first bought 50 seats in coach? This is seriously boggling my mind. Yes of course it is optional, but that doesn't make it sensible, defensible, or inoffensive. Again, it's about scale. It's the overt greed that's shocking me more than anything else I think.

Optional means you have a choice to do it or not. It doesn't mean there's alternate avenues to obtaining it.

I know the definition of the word, I was discussing what it SHOULD mean in this game.

Stop trying to play victim because you feel you need to obtain the packs or fill up some vanity rep bar.

Stop accusing people of "playing victim" because they feel that they money they've invested in this game should be used to create content that they have access to without paying multiple orders of magnitude more money.

In the end, they're going to get less money from me if they continue with this because I don't want to finance this crap. Hopefully that is true in the general case and they decide no to do it. Or at least they decided not to do it because they don't want to be even more known for money-grubbing than they already are.

Edited by Telanis

If that is your opinion, don't support it. This does not affect you. :eek:

Yes, it does affect me because the more support BioWare gets for BS like this the more all new gear ends up in the CM and now behind a pay wall in their new Cartel Rep vendors (and apparently there will be a new Rep vendor for every new pack shipment from now on, BTW) and not available directly in the game through crafting or other means.

:cool:

Yes, it does affect me because the more support BioWare gets for BS like this the more all new gear ends up in the CM and now behind a pay wall in their new Cartel Rep vendors (and apparently there will be a new Rep vendor for every new pack shipment from now on, BTW) and not available directly in the game through crafting or other means.

:cool:

This is the best part...it's not some lifetime achievement reward, it's something we'll see new 2-3 times a year.

It's a a play on words. Basically you get Cartel Rep from doing Cartel things... which is opening Cartel Packs. Ugh...

Thanks I thought I might have missed some new form of content..LOL I never even look at the cartel store I don't even know what they offer these days. I bought two pack with my free coins when it launched, never had a reason to look at it again../shrug

True, but you still can't use the vendors. The VIP area is worthless otherwise.

And you can still earn rep and access to the cartel vendors by spending credits earned in-game.

When you buy the band to go in the vip lounge..it lets you buy from the vip vendor, but not the collectors you are correct. But tell me this..which of the two,collectors and cartel grind vendor, do you see getting the most updates ?? I believe the collectors has gotten 2 total since launch, (one item added the other day).

Look when someone pays a subscription to a game, is it not feasible to want the content for said game and not by keeping sending more money their way? Or is the game in more dire straits than we are led to believe by needing so much more funding?? How is this a reward to people who buy cartel packs when the are already being rewarded for the items in said pack?? That they can then turn around and sell on the gtn?? What ,are ingame credits not enough?? Name one item from the collector's vendor that I can sell to compare with the cartel market items?

So individual rep tracks for each shipment now?

It's funny, yesterday I said in numerous posts that they've crossed a line. One day after that, they crossed another line. They don't even care to disguise their blatant money grab anymore.

I used to be an ardent Bioware supporter through a decade or so. Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect......you really were my favorite game company.

And belive me when I say that it pains me to the bone that my favorite game company came to resort to this. I can't stand for what you're doing anymore. I guess, your founders couldn't either and that's why they've left.

I know the definition of the word, I was discussing what it SHOULD mean in this game.

So you want a word to mean something completely different than what it actually means. Yeah... um... what?

Stop accusing people of "playing victim" because they feel that they money they've invested in this game should be used to create content that they have access to without paying multiple orders of magnitude more money.

In the end, they're going to get less money from me if they continue with this because I don't want to finance this crap. Hopefully that is true in the general case and they decide no to do it. Or at least they decided not to do it because they don't want to be even more known for money-grubbing than they already are.

Nope. I won't. I find it self-entitled behavior to see just because you're paying $15/month that means you're right. My sub and you're sub are just a part of the equation, but that doesn't mean I get to decide everything BW does just because I'm a paying customer.

Unless you do everything in this game there's going to be content that you won't access that is being used by Bioware. Deal with it.

So when did EA/Bioware become a charity? They are a business and came up with a great way to entice some people to spend more money while not giving any unfair advantage to those that choose not to participate. Good for them. Hopefully more $ for them will equal more content for me.

So when did EA/Bioware become a charity? They are a business and came up with a great way to entice some people to spend more money while not giving any unfair advantage to those that choose not to participate. Good for them. Hopefully more $ for them will equal more content for me.

yeah, a great way to entice people in gambling. UNDER-AGED KIDS in gambling, which now parents cannot control because of those text payments that have implemented. So top up ur phone, and get the coins rolling. :eek:

Don't know how it works in your countries, but here in Italy when they show any sort of commercial involving gambling, now they're FORCED, at the end of said commercial, to say that the activity being advertized can cause a pathological addiction to gambling, and obviously that such activity is only allowed by player 18+ of age.

And here i don't see any " gambling warning " anywhere. Actually i see people being P.U.S.H.E.D. torwards it, between a fancy bit of armor or crystal in the packs, or, something like buying gamble bags to get reputation for even more fancy items, and people will go buy those packs like there's no tomorrow since,to obtain this reputation, there's NO OTHER WAY TO obtain it.

And we have a lot of kids here playing.

Just sayin'.