Erked.

Levity

Only as long as people spend REAL money and then put them on the GTN.

So, you're mad that other people support the game in a different way? And that you can have those same items without spending your money? Why do you care if someone else spends $$$ on the CM? That's a big part of what keeps this ship afloat.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they add a load of a new content and prevent people from accessing it unless they pay? Even though many of us pay a sub every month to avoid having to pay to access the game? I don't understand how people can defend this blatant extortion.

Why do you people want everything a subscriber gets? We pay, we expect more things. I don't get it. You still get to play the game, with some limits. Whoopdy-doo! You should be happy you can play it. Now enjoy the game, and pay if you want to, or just don't pay and enjoy what the give you already.

Just so you know... some of us actually agree with you and personally I commend you for presenting honest objective comment even in the face of much hyperbole and drama.

On a more practical note.... some of the more vocal gripers here actually want people like you and I to not post anymore because we interfere with the dramatic performances. Don't give them the satisfaction, IMO. :)

Andryah, so you are one to come on the forums and often spout out a lot of good points. And very often I hear you say things about how people have differences in how they view things. So someone who plays the game solely for vanity items and rep. (which there are people out there like that and I know a few) would consider this pay to win since they would have to pay to achieve their goal. Obviously they could with credits( which I did reply to that btw, with no response from you so I'm starting to completely negate your validity from here on out.), but that is not satisfactory to them.

You sound like a hypocrite since I've read quite a few responses from you over the entirety of the forums and your points are always changing. You just want to be right. And that is all you want. Good on you for this change not bothering you. It's bothering a lot of others and you have brought up no constructive point thus far in this conversation to back up your points.

People have explained how it's play 2 win. I have yet to see someone explain how it's not? It doesn't effect the balance, but it is a pay 2 win lvling experience. If you are in denial of that then I am sorry.

In other words... just like it's been since the CC Market launched.

Next, please.

Exactly.

The Cartel Market has been a problem since day one. But the fact that consistent and new armor gets put into it, while recolors and rehashes are being put into the expansion is a NEW problem. A problem compounded by a new rep vendor and even more content locked behind paygates FROM SUBSCRIBERS.

Next please.

Nevermind the tank mount which is even more superior in resistance than either of those two mounts, which can ONLY be obtained through NiM EC... but they haven't put ANYTHING unique in the game that subscribers get access to without paying extra money for... nope not at all.

Sure at a 90% speed cap vs the 110% on the other speeders, see the difference ? lol.

Exactly.

The Cartel Market has been a problem since day one. But the fact that consistent and new armor gets put into it, while recolors and rehashes are being put into the expansion is a NEW problem. A problem compounded by a new rep vendor and even more content locked behind paygates FROM SUBSCRIBERS.

Next please.

I would hazard a guess that the Cartel Market is a big reason that the Hutt Cartel expansion got made and is in the process of polishing for release.

The CM has brought new life to this game, quite literally, due to the fact that money is the lifeblood of any financial endeavor. You should all be grateful that it's here at all. Without it, I suspect TOR would be heading for the trashbin of failed MMOs by now.

Sure at a 90% speed cap vs the 110% on the other speeders, see the difference ? lol.

Not really. Care to elaborate?

Because the way I see it I can sit on the GTN all day and buy any of the other speeders without even lifting a finger, but I have to go through EC NiM to get a chance at the tank dropping.

How is that not unique enough?

It's all vanity items.

Yes, but funnily enough, it's the vanity items we've all been asking for and there is nothing nearly as good on ANY of the other Reputation vendors.

Really, if there were like items on any other Reputation vendor, I'd have no issue. But there isn't is there? And BW knows that looking the way you want is important to players, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to make money off of it in the first place. Effing duh. Here's the carrot. Give me money to chase it. Eff you!

:cool:

The achievement system isn't P2W as it gives you 0 advantage. Once again, there were already titles only obtained via Cartel Packs.

Stop saying anything vanity related that doesn't give you an advantage with in-game mechanics is P2W. It's not.

This is an MMO. In MMO's there are many, many people to whom gaining achievements, titles, pets, mounts, cool looking gear, uber gear, etc. is winning. For them, the CM is not only P2W, it's pay or you have no chance of winning.

Winning isn't always about beating somebody in PvP.

Making certificates BOP wont change a thing why.....

The only people that would put certificates on the gtn would be people that have already reached legend with said faction. At that point im pretty sure they would have spent enough on packs and wouldnt be in the mood for more. So in short making certificates BOP is not going to work.

But making them BOP so i can move them between alts yeah all for it.

As for the new faction, i think its a great "NEW" way to reward loyal cartel customers. Which are the ones funding this game now subbs your not the big boys anymore sorry.

Yes, but funnily enough, it's the vanity items we've all been asking for and there is nothing nearly as good on ANY of the other Reputation vendors.

Really, if there were like items on any other Reputation vendor, I'd have no issue. But there isn't is there? And BW knows that looking the way you want is important to players, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to make money off of it in the first place. Effing duh. Here's the carrot. Give me money to chase it. Eff you!

The problem with your statement is that your assertion that the new rep vendor items are 'better' is based on an opinion. Your opinion only.

Secondly, your opinion that new stuff is 'better' is still not a valid reason why 'these' vanity items should be more accessible than the 'other' vanity items.

...t it is a pay 2 win lvling experience.

What? I don't get it. What is this going to level for you? Now you're just making things up. Please stop. You've gone fishing and you've got no bait. You know by now that you are mistaken and you're grasping at straws. Buy packs off the CM with credits and use your CC stipend on additional packs. No additional money spent, therefore "win" without paying. Got it?

After reading all these threads about this today, I have to say, I don't care about the Rep system at all, and things like this just make me glad I did not get caught up in the whole rep grind crap.. I don't use the cartel market, for anything, I try to just play the game..

If it is your thing I hope EA gets it worked out for you.

This is an MMO. In MMO's there are many, many people to whom gaining achievements, titles, pets, mounts, cool looking gear, uber gear, etc. is winning. For them, the CM is not only P2W, it's pay or you have no chance of winning.

Winning isn't always about beating somebody in PvP.

You can say that 'logging in successfully' is 'winning the game', but that don't necessarily make it so.

People have explained how it's play 2 win. I have yet to see someone explain how it's not? It doesn't effect the balance, but it is a pay 2 win lvling experience. If you are in denial of that then I am sorry.

How is it a leveling experience? You can get it w/out gaining a single experience point, thus it has nothing to do with leveling.

I'd like for you to explain how it's P2W except on the completionist argument with several of us have already shot-down as no one here has already completed all content that is complaining unless they already have every piece of gear, every title, every current rep maxed, on every toon, of ever gender, with max valor. Until then, you're being a hypocrite saying your a completionist when you're actually not.

I also shot it down because, as a subscriber, you can already buy a pack a month, so eventually you'd get all of the rep tokens to get legendary and you can also buy the packs off the GTN with in-game credits so you're not spending any add'l RL money. So, once again, how are you being denied this content? You're not, you're just upset because you can't get a vanity thing as fast as someone shelling out cash. Um, this already happens. People who shell out all the cash they want already get Cartel stuff faster than the non-Cartel buyers. It's all vanity-based so it already wasn't P2W.

If you can show me a post you made in the past about Cartel items being P2W that wasn't about items that are items that provide ingame advantages to existing mechanics, then I'll agree with you. Because the rep bar doesn't do that. A Legendary rep bar is the same as a Revan's mask. Neither provide any advantage to any ingame mechanics.

Making certificates BOP wont change a thing why.....

The only people that would put certificates on the gtn would be people that have already reached legend with said faction. At that point im pretty sure they would have spent enough on packs and wouldnt be in the mood for more. So in short making certificates BOP is not going to work.

But making them BOP so i can move them between alts yeah all for it.

As for the new faction, i think its a great "NEW" way to reward loyal cartel customers. Which are the ones funding this game now subbs your not the big boys anymore sorry.

I would probably sell mine without having max rep myself. Why? I don't care about the rep, but I might buy a pack from time to time.

We have explained how it is not pay to win. You want to see pay to win look at a game like vindictus, where you pay money for an item that is better than anything you could possibly get to drop as loot through game play. The term was coined strickly to point out a method of getting things to make you play the game better by only having to pony over the cash to get it.

Allowing us to RE top tier mods and sell them on the market is a form of pay to win. Which I for one am glad they are moving away from this.

Allowing you to spend money to get cosmetic things is not pay to win. The only difference between this and the CM before this was added is that now, you have to pay EVEN MORE money to get those cosmetic items that you wanted. They could stick the rep items on the CM for 5000 cartel coins and never touched the reputation thing in the first place, would that be any different?

How is adding a stupid bar that must be filled out to limit you from access to certain cosmetic items pay to win? I have yet to see a valid argument for your case.

The problem with your statement is that your assertion that the new rep vendor items are 'better' is based on an opinion. Your opinion only.

Secondly, your opinion that new stuff is 'better' is still not a valid reason why 'these' vanity items should be more accessible than the 'other' vanity items.

It's not opinion. They exist while there is nothing on the other vendors but crap doodads. That's not opinion. That is fact. Not once did I even use the word better.

Edited by Blackavaar

Not really. Care to elaborate?

Because the way I see it I can sit on the GTN all day and buy any of the other speeders without even lifting a finger, but I have to go through EC NiM to get a chance at the tank dropping.

How is that not unique enough?

I was talking about the speed difference as the person I quoted said the Tank from NiM EC was better, sure protection knock off is (for now) but the speed is 20% less, I was trying to put it into simple terms that make sense to him, such as using 90% and 110% in the same sentence so he could see the two numbers and the 20% difference.