The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ideas and Suggestions

Rosethorna

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if I posted this in the proper forum catagory.I have some concerns about gaming experience and decided to put my thoughts here. I'm a die hard fan of swtor from the beginning, but some issues have come to mind. One problem I see is the big worlds to visit with nothing to, I spend more time on my mount and see no node for gathering or questing points, these open spaces need filling up. I posted ten topic points that I think about often. I hope to feel the excitement I had at first launch. As well I'm awaiting the release of the expansion. I look forward to hear feedback from game developers, writers etc, and the usual gamers, please enjoy :)

1. Crafting rare material from special nodes(recipe from trainer) purchase as example, for exotic mats. Level 1-5. As well as continuing using companion missions. Can be found from fraction area questing or daily reward, sometimes I cannot craft due to many missions failures, would be nice to see some progression there. Not everyone raids, or pvp or do fps so often, so getting some rare materials would interest die hard questers as I am. In the codex list are many organizations and fractions, so there is much room for this concept.

2. Not enough questing area points on the planets, maybe place different fractions all over the planet with daily quests for reputation/daily coms. Place alignment on quests as well, both sides, reward epic items, gear or mounts achievement.

3. Place pvp areas on all planets in several location, for buff or reward, or even apply achievement for taking control of area, node count, 100, 1000, 10,000' reward epic item for this, etc

4. Should place personal nodes for daily quests, or phase point sections so other players don't interfere by stealing or killing mobs, or quicken re-spawn rates, go solo or grouping. I'm happy that some dailies on imperial side improved, I lost a few weeks of BH coms, time well wasted as was interest.

5. Inline with quests for fraction, use more inter planetary involvements, such as investigation, spying, assassinations, gathering, thievery, help unfortunate npc's, discovery (ie, hk components) style etc. All with alignment gains traveling the galaxy. (The Gree Event droid run was fun, all my friends and myself really enjoyed this) the droid reward was great!

6. Cartel shopping, I would like to see mounts and gear sets to be bound to legacy, transfer between characters or of the same fraction, we can trade among alts the vanity items now, so is fun to use. ( gear issue for me, I desired to have opposite fraction wear opposing, but cannot because bound to character or class, adaptive as well would be nice to see) I think legacy should open this option, since it part of the family tree and such, I like to mix and match different items, cannot most times, due to bound to toon. I change my outfits very often, change feels good so not to get bored looking at the same thing all the time, as my reasons to have alts, different toon mechanics keep me interested in playing, not to be bored on one character.

7.Why can we not have our black hole commendations, warzone or other currencies for that matter under account holder? Or separate currency pop-up for both fractions, alts can access these currencies and purchase items. Again I look at the legacy of the game, attach this as well. It was great to apply the reputation among the alts, thanks for that.

8. I dream to see a barber shop, with ability to change hair, make-up jewelry, accessories, place them at fraction points, customizations to them could be possibility, or reward items unlock? Apply it to subscription holders. Customizations for companions is great too, nice to change them out sometimes, different looks adds fresh sense to playing.

9. What about a pvp planet? 2 home cities, open pvp questing, territory control, acquire more land points, builings, factories, mats farming, fraction reputation gain. Before leaving city gates, must be in groups of 4 to proceed on the planet. No requirement of class grouping, just 4 toons together. Make ops groups size to take over territory conquest with activation nodes, for doors, turrets, land-mines, maybe without time counter, point counter system, Reset every 24 hrs. Time committed players, example 1 hour, to receive credit.

10. Animal mounts available to ride, maybe acquired from fraction reputation points on different planets, add a couple more new space missions, and a vendor for currency exchange. Legacy reward system after cap? Slicing mission finds, quest line missions light/dark applicable? Example to complete 10-15 tasks to get great reward at the end and also have ability to Select warzone choice and queue in.

If some of my points are unclear, I'm glad to reply and clarify :)

Have Fun All

Rosethorna

• 2 weeks later...

I get the feeling someone is referring to Guild Wars 2, WvW concept...

In long term I would definitely like to see that happen, but just periodically! Once a month for example or ever two months to keep in interesting. So new players can benefit and seasoned players don't get bored of it to fast either.

With so many F2Per's who have joined to the game, opening a huge number of lvl 50 players( soon 55) this would be an extra bonus to the game. In other words if this would like come in the shape of an event. Like currently have the Gree event this would be awesome.

With the proper notice guilds could organize groups to represent themselves( whether it's 5 four man groups or 1 twenty-four man group).

The only thing I would ask SWTOR to do, is not to make the same mistake GW2 made and that was to put a limit on the amount of players who could be in there, but never bothering making it a 50/50 balance between factions.

If they could be smart and avoid that mistake that( e.g. in an instance of 200 players, there aren't 150 Imperials and only 50 republicans) but make it truly balanced( 100 players on both sides) it would be awesome.

Might I suggest the following:

For the Balance:

1. Make sure that at all times the factions never exceed the other in players. That until more players join from the faction who is in the minority( players ofc. ) . Players of the opposing faction cannot join any further. For the players on the faction that are joining faster than the opposing faction, will be very frustrating.

Nevertheless, this will not dissencourage the opposing faction to keep on fighting. And not just give up and leave. But rather encouraging others to join the fight.

2. Make them Servers intertwined: So that you always have sufficient players on both Republic as well as Imperial side. It will enhance relations among servers. And so you do not face that certain groups from one time cluster will start taking measures to stay up late and try to push it.

Make it a continuous circle where when people from EU servers go to bed, the NA servers jump in and take over. Not forgetting the Pacific and Asian Servers. I know this will demand a lot of resources, time and infrastructure guys. But I believe you guys don't like to give us players half of a product and rather a full quality product or did I wrongly interpret your videos about your commitment to us?

Goals:

Capture the flag situations like we see in Novara coast Warzone, but to that concept that it's a pilar where we can 'build' a canon on. That can bombard the enemy base.

Both camps start with a certain amount of resources which they can use to claim and develop a mine( the same material why the Planet was so important about e.g.). You can either just guard it or build defenses around that mine to assure the stream of resources. Turrets, shields( that require generators) , Metal fences, Stone or Metal Walls, Electric Fences or laser fences. Outposts with binoculars players can man. Get creative BIOWARE! We know you can.

From securing the mining areas we go to transportation and storage.

Once it is secured small carts start being deployed to the main base for refinement and processing. This will be done by independent carts( like we see in the mines of the Eternal Conflict Operation), this is a startup Home base so there aren't any NPC guards to defend them, so players will have to take up this task until this is no longer necessary( both like in the game is over or as in when they unlocked the ability to produced NPC's to do so).

Otherwise other faction players can easily destroy or maybe even slice them into going to their own base.

This makes it interesting to sabotage or highjack your opponents logistics.

Hence I'd like recommend that slicing those carts can only be done players who actually have the crew skill Slicing, this gives extra motivation for people to have a certain crewskill and makes it meaningful to have this Skill not only in PVE or crafting but as a whole.

On top. You should be able to undo the damage caused by the enemy and re-slice those carts as well as to 'scavenge' the mats from the carts destroyed previously by the enemy.

Basically what I am hinting here is that these situations create opportunities where players can benefit each other’s crews kills when Pugging it - Unless you really planned it all in advance when grouping up – and actually creating that sensation of; ‘ I am so happy you are here with us’. Along with that, players get the satisfaction of the past choice in Crew skills . Especially if you are Pugging this.

You don't know what you are going to get until you are there, so sometimes things might be convenient when you are with a player x that has crew skill x and you can cause extra havoc or you just got outplayed by the enemy and yet you can undo all their efforts.

Distribution of Rescources

Once this chain is secured it's up to the players to decide what to focus their resources on. Developing those sites to places those long range canons, to reinvest in gaining and securing resources OR to place factories to produce mobile armor units( I know sounds like Minecraft, Starcraft, Shmuckcraft or even like Planetside2), which may be used for both offensive or defensive purposes. Just think about the ability to be in a Walker with 12 jedi/ sith and/ or stormtroopers/ republic soldiers just ready to kick some ***.

I hate to put all of you people on a cliffhanger and leave you in suspence, but unless the Dev’s notice this and you guys( my co-players) want me to continue elaborating on this idea. I’ll give my fingers a little break. If you guys want me to continue just let me know. I’m keeping an eye on this thread so no worries. I also have other ideas but like Rosethorna wondered if this is the right chat for it.

There is another concept to add content to this game was a bounty board… but first we need to finish up this topic about a planet pvp area.