Questions about RotHC, 2.0, increased level cap and 5 days early access

Slivovidze

Hey.

First, sorry for asking such questions, SWTOR is my first MMO so I don't have a clue how the expansions usually come online.

Now to the subject: From reading forums I understand that 2.0 does not mean the expansion, and that the 2.0 patch will come some time before the expansion itself. The question is: what comes with the 2.0 patch and what comes with the expansion?

Common sense says that the 2.0 should introduce the new skilltrees and gameplay tweaks, while the expansion will bring the actual content - the planet, flashpoints, operation, gear sets. Is that right?

Another question regarding the new level cap - the increase comes with 2.0 or with the expansion?

And finally, what does the 5 days early access contain? Is it "only" the planet to explore along with flashpoints and operation, or is it also the level cap increase?

no no no no no. 2.0 Means expansion if we would not have 1.8. bioware didn't add makeb to pts because they don't want to show us the planet until the first day of the expansion.

this expansion adds new content to the game

a new planet

new world boss at corelia and i guess makeb

4 new hm fp

a new operation

legacy stuff

SGR

faction story

level 55

new gear

and maybe world pvp at makeb

Edited by lucotas

no no no no no. 2.0 Means expansion if we would not have 1.8. bioware didn't add makeb to pts because they don't want to show us the planet until the first day of the expansion.

um wut?

There will be no 1.8. 2.0 will be the next major patch.

2.0 will apply to all players, but only players who buy the expansion will get:

- raise in level cap

- new abilities

- new / raised level instances

- Makeb

The other re-balancing, bug fixes, the achievement system, ect will apply to everyone whether they purcase the expansion or not.

I thought there was a dev post that kind of touched on this.

5 days early access is to start leveling to 55 on Makeb. Or doing other things to give xp of course.

Everyone will get the accolade system.

And doubt there will be a 1.8 or 1.9. Software does not have to have all the numbers after the period or they would never be any 2.x software out there. Anything after the period is normally for smaller updates and patches. Before the period is bigger updates and sometimes overhauls.

um wut?

There will be no 1.8. 2.0 will be the next major patch.

- raise in level cap

- new abilities

- Makeb

The other re-balancing, bug fixes, the achievement system, ect will apply to everyone whether they purcase the expansion or not.

I called it accolade in the previous post because forgot the exact term used. Thanks :D

- raise in level cap

- new abilities

- Makeb

And what about the early access? I haven't got it, so what will I be cut off for the first 5 days? All these things, or only the Makeb and the instances? Will I be able to level up in the areas we already have, or is the increased level cap also a subject to the early access?

And what about the early access? I haven't got it, so what will I be cut off for the first 5 days? All these things, or only the Makeb and the instances? Will I be able to level up in the areas we already have, or is the increased level cap also a subject to the early access?

2.0 will land before the 5 day early access begins. If you do NOT have ROTHC, you will NOT be able to level past 50, or access Makeb. You MUST have ROTHC to advance past level 50.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5930861#post5930861

Edits in red below are me:

Here is a bit more clarification on the differences between Rise of the Hutt Cartel and 2.0 put as simply as I can!

What subscribers will get without purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel: This is patch 2.0

• Class changes and balancing levels 1-50
  • Any itemization/world changes which affect levels 1-50
  • Legacy Achievements

What subscribers will get if they do purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel: This is Expac

• New Operation: Scum and Villainy
  • Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond
  • Upgraded level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints
  • Level cap increase to 55
  • All new Makeb storyline

The new Operation and Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 2.0 are Level 55 Elder Game Content. The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Free-to-Play restrictions apply. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information.

-eric

Edited by jgoldsack

2.0 will contain everything for the expansive.

the expansion will simply unlock the features. So those with early access get it unlocked first while the others will get the same as everyone else who didn't buy the expansion for those 5 days before unlocking the rest