Social Points for PVP

Sentanta

You do warzones for Valor points. Valor points are spent on itmes that are useful for PvP. You group and do Heroics FP's and Ops for Social points. Social points are spent on vanity items. If PvP gets social points for doing a WZ why can't PvE get Valor points for doing BoI HM? Because that is what you are asking for in all honesty.

I do WZ for Commendations that allow me to buy PVP Gear, I Do PVE for Plantetary and Daily commendation for PVE Gear.

I Spend credits for Social Gear that I earn in both PVE and PVP, why shouldn't I earn Social Points for working in a team?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Companion affection gets you absolutely nothing in the game, really, except for a bit of extra story occasionally, most companions just go off and do their content alone. So just no...

1% on five different secondary stats is not nothing, but even if you are not a PvP player who takes every advantage s/he can get. It also makes questing (dailies or alts leveling) easier because of the presence bonus and crafters also get their bonuses. So there are hard game mechanical bonuses not just fluff story that comes with companion affaction.

Edited by Drudenfusz

Companion affection gets you absolutely nothing in the game, really, except for a bit of extra story occasionally, most companions just go off and do their content alone. So just no...

Actually if you max out your Companion Affection it gives you a boost to Presence and big boost for your Heroic Moment

Because when they implemented the game PvP was not considered a "Social" aspect. All you did was queue for WZ's. Get auto placed into a group and attempt to win whatever WZ you were placed into with the teammates you were placed with. Your reward was Valor Points which we're and still are used for items that were put into the game for PvP. From gear that dosen't much matter anymore to titles. Flash Points and Heriocs which are PvE components orignally required people to form groups by either calling out in /general or using the ever so unimpressive LFG tool. Your reward for those was Social Points which are used for Vanity Items (two of which are very social) and titles.

Basically what it seems like you are wanting is acess to those items without having to do the FP's/Ops/Heroics because they don't appeal to you as much as running WZ's do. It's not that we don't understand it's that you don't understand that it was set up as such and is very unlikely to change. Its been stated many times before

PvP = Valor

PvE = Social

You can't have both unless you do both what is so hard to understand about that?

This

PVP = Valor

PVE = Social

is a smoke screen, no one in any of these has stated why the above is true.

Just because this is how it has been is not an argument for it remain. I do pug groups most of the time whether that be FP or WZ, and as stated by a lot of People WZ is in fact more Social than FP where there is very little conversation.

I'm not saying that WZ conversations are always constructive (ffs, L2P) but generally it is more amusing social engagement than FP

FP consist of Everyone know what to do (Chorus of Yes) Quick Run, Press Spacebar... thnx for run...

The only difference between these two is that historically they gave Social Points for PVE Groups, and this is probably purely because, this conversation we are now having was not brought up in the original development meeting.

Social Points are awarded for grouping up I fail to see the difference between Grouping up for a WZ or a FP, I would love to hear the DEV thoughts on this and if there is a specific reasoning behind this, or if in fact it is as I have stated not thought of in the Original concept!

I'd be slightly ok with this idea if one person would come forward, be honest and say that its for greed purposes. All I'm seeing here is people wanting the things you get from doing PvE activities while not having to PvE.

Valor points are gates for access to certain rewards. Social points are gates for access to different rewards. You guys want access to both without giving access to both. .

It's still an MMO, you should be grouping most of the time and soloing, while available, should really not be encouraged all that much, IMO. That's what these points are for. Does it suck that there are more rewards for Social points than Valor, yes, and there should be a thread getting that fixed. But if you want the points that you get from doing PvE things in a group, guess what you need to do?

I'd be slightly ok with this idea if one person would come forward, be honest and say that its for greed purposes. All I'm seeing here is people wanting the things you get from doing PvE activities while not having to PvE.

Valor points are gates for access to certain rewards. Social points are gates for access to different rewards. You guys want access to both without giving access to both. .

It's still an MMO, you should be grouping most of the time and soloing, while available, should really not be encouraged all that much, IMO. That's what these points are for. Does it suck that there are more rewards for Social points than Valor, yes, and there should be a thread getting that fixed. But if you want the points that you get from doing PvE things in a group, guess what you need to do?

Have all the valor you want.....you can use it to wear, what, 4 craft-able items?

Social should be for grouping as a whole, not just PvE grouping. As mentioned earlier you get rewards for PvE in the form of Reputation gear. I think many PvE players are confused on what we use valor for, it isn't to get gear anymore and hasn't been for awhile.

PVP gets Comms, PVE get Item Tokens. Social shouldn't be restricted to PvE grouping only.

Being social and doing things in a group is nothing that is just PvE, we PvP player do it too. PvE players get Reputation, Companion affaction, so why don't share social with the PvP players. You woundn't lose anything. But maybe the people you are against sharing just showing that they are not very social after all.

Oh, and on the greedy thing. I am on my main Social X. Still I concider myself a PvP player and a social one at that, so I am for sharing!

Valor points are gates for access to certain rewards. Social points are gates for access to different rewards. You guys want access to both without giving access to both.

Valour is not that great, and like I said already in this thread and even in this post, PvE folks get Reputation and Companion affaction. The Repuutation is already equal to valour and the companion affaction is pretty useful for everyone (including PvP players, so we have to do that already).

It is just a group thing, don't have to be a PvE thing. So learn to share your toys, you will see it is not bad. And don't get me wrong, I think PvP players should group for them. My suggestion is 2 social points per MVP... and that can even for hardcore PvP players quite some time to get to Social X that way.

Edited by Drudenfusz

It is grouping. Currently you get social points even if you lose every single conversation roll, you also get social points for fights against champions and bosses. And yes, a new PvE only point system should be available for solo players, because they do also PvE.

And

It is just a group thing, don't have to be a PvE thing. So learn to share your toys, you will see it is not bad.

And I state again that just because you are grouping you are not getting the Social Points you are getting them from convo rolls. I don’t ever recall getting any for joining a WB Group unless I was getting them for having one of the weekly quests from the “PvE Terminal” By your own and others requests then I should also be getting “Social Points” for helping someone through their Story Mission or by grouping up for dailys.

This

PVP = Valor

PVE = Social

is a smoke screen, no one in any of these has stated why the above is true.

See my above posts on how you earn Social Points and Valor Points

As for the Companion Affection you get that by almost the same means as Social Points right. This time it’s how you answer the convos depends how how much you gain and/or loose affection. This I can see transferring over to PvP players but it would have to go full across for all your companions. Dark Jaesa will most likely love it that you’re out there killing Pubs left and right but more than likely Vette is going to want to throw you out the nearest Airlock the next time she sees you.

Does it suck that there are more rewards for Social points than Valor, yes, and there should be a thread getting that fixed.

This is most likely the best response that I have seen in this entire thread. Why make the devs revamp a whole system as opposed to getting them to make the system that is already in place an bit more balanced?

Edited by drgjed

While I can't say I'm against this, I'm also reminded of the old saying, "If you want something related to pvp, go pvp". Which I've started doing to get the three primarily pve stat advanced yellow crystal schematics only found on the pvp vendor that I know of. I've found pvp to be an entertaining break from leveling other toons even though I get my 4th point of contact handed to me routinely. I guess for now, you'll have to pve for your social points as long as they tie it to pve group activities. I suspect the devs did this intentionally to force people to do something other than pvp. Just a thought since I have to pvp to get the schematics I want.

Social Points are awarded for grouping up I fail to see the difference between Grouping up for a WZ or a FP, I would love to hear the DEV thoughts on this and if there is a specific reasoning behind this, or if in fact it is as I have stated not thought of in the Original concept!

I have yet to see one bit of Story in this Story Based MMO's content advanced in a pvp side game.

Sort of like a space missions, but a little less on rails, where other people are actually listed on my ship per the who tab. Where are my extra Social Points?

Also, Companion Affection increase the companions ability to do crew missions, crafting, and increases Presence.

And, why do my PvE armors and mods not carry over the benefits as do your pvp "let me pick any armor set" ones do?

Balance seems to be in the eye's of the QQer.

Wow - when I started this thread I had no idea the amount of contempt there is towards PVP players in this game! (Maybe its the same in all games?)

The impression I get from the PVE players who posted here is that of a small child - "Social points are for PVE only - and you can't have them - they are mine - mine - MINE!!!!"

Social points should be awarded for being social - i.e. - grouping up with other players - Period! (As you Americans like to say)

PvP = Valor Points

PvE = Social Points

/thread

Your comparison isn't even remotely congruent.

If the PvP vendors offered an equal amount of vanity equipment, and at different tiers, as the social vendors do then we could talk. I'm all for social points, in moderate amounts, being awarded for PvP matches. The entire point behind the social points system was exactly that, BEING SOCIAL. The original premise had nothing to do with PvE ergo the name "social" points. It was about being in a group setting and working together.

If it was strictly "PVE ONLY NARNARNAR DETH TO PVPTARDS!" then I'd be earning social points out the wazoo as I cleared out every PvE area during the leveling process... by myself.

Edited by Gankstah

Wow - when I started this thread I had no idea the amount of contempt there is towards PVP players in this game! (Maybe its the same in all games?)

The impression I get from the PVE players who posted here is that of a small child - "Social points are for PVE only - and you can't have them - they are mine - mine - MINE!!!!"

The term carebear comes to mind when bringing up the idea of contempt of PvPers against PvEers. Are you really surprised it doesn't go the other way sometimes?

The impression I get from the PvP players in this thread is "We want everything without having to do the content it was set for. We want it all. Mine Mine Mine." See, it works both ways.

I'm honestly not understanding why don't pvpers get social rewards for finishing a warzone, the way you get social point rewards for finishing a flashpoint/killing bosses.

sure, primary source of social points are conversation roll, but they are not the only source. you get them for taking down a tough foe... together.

valor is not even close to being comparable.

conversations would still be the fastest way to gain social points, but I'm not sure why are people so agaisnt warzones awarding any social points at all.

at a minimum, I'd say - award 4 points for losing a warzone, 8 points for winning it. its not a big deal.

(and no, I'm not a pvper. I'm mostly quester, I pvp once in a blue moon (one character at valor 9 - in case you are curious about how often), and never on my own - amusingly enough, if I group with friends and go into a warzone as a group - I don't get rewarded social points, even though I do, if I'm grouping and we just finished a bonus quest that had no conversations at all attached to it, just kill 10 fozzles deal)

if they award social points for WZ, they should do it based on the objective points done, rather than just sitting in a WZ or even completing it. Say 10k objective points gives you X amount of social points (means your playing as a good team member most of the time). 5k objective points gives you 25% less, etc.

If you leave/quit a WZ before it ends, it substracts a set amount of social points from you....

To make something clear , I don't consider myself a PVP'er or PVE'er, I do both because I enjoy each of them, although I probably do more PVE.

I would like to earn Social point for be social and being in groups, this happens in PVP and PVE so I think it's fair that I earn social for both, if this makes me greedy then I'm fine with that because I think its fair.

But it's just the opinion of someone who likes to play all the aspects of the game (except Space missions)

I would like to agree with this idea, but I simply can't based to the fact that neither the valor or social systems are complete yet.

Currently, both simply function as a gate to new (more powerful in the case of PvP) gear.

If memory serves, they've (BioWare) stated that they have plans to expand on both systems. If that ends up being the case, you have PvP players with the ability to earn potential PvP and PvE rewards. Regardless of the "fairness" involved, it's simply a precedent that BW has so far been unwilling to set.

Should that change, I would hope that the street runs both ways. If PvP players are earning social points for "grouping" in warzones, then I would hope PvE players start earning valor points for downing bosses. The gains needn't be large in either case, but I believe you can't have one without the other.

For what it's worth, I agree that, based on the way social points are and have been distributed, it makes sense that they should be available for PvP players. I just don't think BioWare wants to open that can of worms yet.

Currently, both simply function as a gate to new (more powerful in the case of PvP) gear.

As far as I know the only gate it opens is for the shells of the armour - so its for the look only - if you pvp normally the gear doesn't have the gate - you just need the comms!

why don't I get valor points for PVE?

If folks want social points for PVP, it would be perfectly reasonable for us to get valor for engaging in multiplayer conversations since you are technically fighting other players for conversation choices. It is a form of PVP.

And I state again that just because you are grouping you are not getting the Social Points you are getting them from convo rolls. I don’t ever recall getting any for joining a WB Group unless I was getting them for having one of the weekly quests from the “PvE Terminal” By your own and others requests then I should also be getting “Social Points” for helping someone through their Story Mission or by grouping up for dailys.

How I like it when people who have no clue about the game trying to make an argument. Like I already said earlier in this thread, one can get social points in PvE without conversations, because killing champions and bosses also award social points. So, you see, my point that it is just a group thing is still true, while your agrument is void. But thanks for showing how anti-social you are with your attitude of not sharing with PvP players...

BioWare, should remove all social points from people who come here without arguments just trying to prevent PvP players from also getting their nice toys.

If folks want social points for PVP, it would be perfectly reasonable for us to get valor for engaging in multiplayer conversations since you are technically fighting other players for conversation choices. It is a form of PVP.

not really, since you are not personally fighting other players, but rather computer does random rolls for you.

there might be a reasonable way to add valor to more pve centric activities, I just cannot think of one at the moment (but I also don't see exactly what the point of valor is nowadays, since pvp armor is purchased with tokens alone as far as i could see)

social points though are rewarded for activities that are not much different from pvp. they are not aquired solely through conversations. you get 1 point per person for killing a flashpoint boss, I think its half a point per person or something like that, for finishing those bonus quests that you end up with on top of regular quests, just finishing a flashpoint in a group, etc.

I'm honestly not sure how valor and social points are even comparable. I feel like valor is closer to reputation system to be honest.

Valor does NOT give more powerful gear at all. Someone with 10 valor can get the exact same gear (as far as power is concerned) as someone with Valor 100.

The only thing valor limits is the un-modded shells.

Edited by jgoldsack

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.