Probably the mildest reason for unsubscribing ever

CNS_Sarajevo

After I finish my next class story, I'm going to unsubscribe and keep playing as FTP. I've enjoyed the game, but I want to turn my attention to all the other games I haven't had a chance to play yet: XCOM, Skyrim, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and others. In order to experience the whole story of the game, I need to play through six more characters. That's too long to put other games on hold.

I've played a "gray side" stealth Operative and a light side Immortal Juggernaut. The agent story rocked the world. The Sith Warrior story was good, but better than that, I liked feeling invincible.

The next character's going to be the smuggler. I already started one and I like the wisecracking, greedy hero.

After I finish my next class story, I'm going to unsubscribe and keep playing as FTP. I've enjoyed the game, but I want to turn my attention to all the other games I haven't had a chance to play yet: XCOM, Skyrim, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and others. In order to experience the whole story of the game, I need to play through six more characters. That's too long to put other games on hold.

I've played a "gray side" stealth Operative and a light side Immortal Juggernaut. The agent story rocked the world. The Sith Warrior story was good, but better than that, I liked feeling invincible.

The next character's going to be the smuggler. I already started one and I like the wisecracking, greedy hero.

If you have not played Assassin's Creed 3, I also recommend that during your time away.

Skyrim got real boring to me. Never actually finished the story. I can understand your reasoning though. There is A LOT of content to play through in TOR (despite what some people say). I could never go free to play, though. I went FTP for a day after my sub ended (payment on my card was late going through) and I was freaking out over how limited it was. Which I'm not saying is a bad thing. I mean, you get what you pay for. *shrug* But the second my payment went through, I was back to being a subscriber.

XCOM was boring and nothing like X-Com from the 90's. You are better off getting the first X-Com as it's only five bucks.

Skyrim meh, boring world it's a Bethesda title so you'll run it for 5 minutes before it crashes. Shame if it was more like Morrowind it would be awesome.

Black Ops lol.

XCOM was boring and nothing like X-Com from the 90's. You are better off getting the first X-Com as it's only five bucks.

I thought it was a lot like the original in flavour, not so much in execution. Worth playing but don't expect it to last long.

Another great PC game critically flawed by neutering it to make it playable on the XBox/PS.

My kind of thread. I find myself wanted to unsubscribe not just for the feeling that this game is going to be raid endgame oriented, but because Tomb Raider is calling me really hard. I grew up on arcades and Street Fighter(90's gamer) so every once in awhile Street Fighter calls to me as well. I have been playing games for that franchise for over 20 years and still love it. I was a huge Morrowind and Oblivion fan, yet I have not tried out Skyrim yet.

Once my subscription ends in May, I'll be back when they add something in an update that is not a operation or a warzone.

P.S. The Citadel DLC for Mass Effect 3 is great. BW companions at their best.

I thought it was a lot like the original in flavour, not so much in execution. Worth playing but don't expect it to last long.

Another great PC game critically flawed by neutering it to make it playable on the XBox/PS.

Or understanding that the originals were unreasonably difficult. Look, I was an 80s and 90s gamer and the original x-com games were frustrating and many times, simply not fun.

I agree some developers have dumbed things down too much (aka diablo 3) but the new x-com is fine.

Edited by Arkerus

My kind of thread. I find myself wanted to unsubscribe not just for the feeling that this game is going to be raid endgame oriented, but because Tomb Raider is calling me really hard. I grew up on arcades and Street Fighter(90's gamer) so every once in awhile Street Fighter calls to me as well. I have been playing games for that franchise for over 20 years and still love it. I was a huge Morrowind and Oblivion fan, yet I have not tried out Skyrim yet.

Once my subscription ends in May, I'll be back when they add something in an update that is not a operation or a warzone.

Unless the sub is a budget concern, there really is no need to unsub. Get your free CC every month and you can still pop in from time to time and do an Op or whatever. I unsubbed when I hit a patch where I was not logging in as much and it was a pain to deal with being a free member those times that I DID want to log in.

Also, I will say again...

Assassin's Creed 3.

Not really mild, more realistic. Thank you for providing a quotable source that proves the game is not long term.

Not really mild, more realistic. Thank you for providing a quotable source that proves the game is not long term.

Not sure what you mean by "long term," but you're welcome :D.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Making a note, Assassin's Creed 3... a friend of mine says I have to play the Mass Effect series....

The one thing that does worry me about unsubbing is, do I lose my old characters? Isn't there a limit of only 2 for FTP's?

Edited by CNS_Sarajevo

The one thing that does worry me about unsubbing is, do I lose my old characters? Isn't there a limit of only 2 for FTP's?

Yes (or was it 3?). But the other characters are not lost, they only are inactive. I.e. when you decide to sub again, you will have them all back again.

Yes (or was it 3?). But the other characters are not lost, they only are inactive. I.e. when you decide to sub again, you will have them all back again.

If you enjoyed the swtor story lines, then you MUST play mass effect for certain. However, when you get pretty far along in part three and there is a big column of light you need to limp into....just turn it off. You will thank me later. :cool:

Over the weekend, I played more Tomb Raider than I did any other game including this one. If you haven't played it yet, I won't spoil it for you but I am tempted to turn down the difficulty in it so I can fly through the story. I was playing for hours and then didn't realize how much time I used up until it was dark outside and I had to close the curtains and turn on a light to continue playing. :D

And the arcade games always call me from time to time. Good thing I own a MAME arcade cabinet so I can fire up all the games of old I used to pay a quarter or 2 or 3 or 4 to play now for free. :D

As for Skyrim, I may be the oddity here, but I found it to be a nice exploring game but I felt I was doing things aimlessly. Like after doing something I was like "Why the F did I bother doing that again?"

And Mass Effect is dead to me so I won't give them another dime for it. That's to the happy ending mod, I can play it on PC again but no real care to.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Its a good reason to unsub. No drama, no demands, no shouting. Just a simple, "hey guys am taking a break from SWTOR for other games, I may be back later though". Sounds reasonable to me.

Nope. There is nothing wrong with stepping back for a time and doing something else. I suffer burnout every so often and need to step away. I always come back though.