Weapon Restrictions

Zorrion

Lift all weapon restrictions. Allow anyone to use any weapon type they would like. Increase customization of weapons in some new way overall to bring something else to crafters. Tie in space to crafting the new upgrade. Use a new story to do this.

A new reserve of Kunda stones was found in an asteroid belt. Republic and Imperial forces race to gather the resources first. Dog fights and large scale battles break out as players try to gain control of the area and mine the stones.

Edited by Zorrion

Lift all weapon restrictions. Allow anyone to use any weapon type they would like. Increase customization of weapons in some new way overall to bring something else to crafters. Tie in space to crafting the new upgrade. Use a new story to do this.

A new reserve of Kunda stones was found in an asteroid belt. Republic and Imperial forces race to gather the resources first. Dog fights and large scale battles break out as players try to gain control of the area and mine the stones.

they should be somewhat restrictive still i don't want to see jedi and sith going around with blasters but i think they should be able to pick dual wield single or doubble bladed saber and 2 DW 1 blaster pistiol blaster rifle or sniper rifle for ranged dps just make adaptive weapons

problem with that is that the Abilities require certain weapons to be used. It would be strange for an Imperial Agent Sniper to use Pistols, Swords, Lightsabers, and other Melee Weapons just as it would be strange for a Force User to use Sniper Rifles.

problem with that is that the Abilities require certain weapons to be used. It would be strange for an Imperial Agent Sniper to use Pistols, Swords, Lightsabers, and other Melee Weapons just as it would be strange for a Force User to use Sniper Rifles.

I agree that only force sensitive beings should have the ability and discipline to use light sabers, but disagree with sniper - obviously still keep them restricted to blaster weapons but gunslinger does everything a sniper can but with two pistols, I think that should be up to the players choice of how they want their character to progress with weapons. Not a forced choice that a gunslinger should only use pistols or a vanguard will only use rifles.

Lift all weapon restrictions. Allow anyone to use any weapon type they would like. Increase customization of weapons in some new way overall to bring something else to crafters.

One practical reason for restricting weapons, beyond the 'because that is the way it is in the movies' is found in PvP. There the silhouette of a player character is important in quickly recognising what class they are and how to react to them. Some classes you will want to stun quickly and keep close distance. Others you will want to kite. The weapons and general clothing style provide a way to recognise each class at a glance.

As much as I'd love to have a Double-bladed sabre on my Sorcerer purely for cosmetic purposes (since no one actually attacks with the sabre by lvl 10) It just won't work. There would have to be too many changes.

I agree that only force sensitive beings should have the ability and discipline to use light sabers, but disagree with sniper - obviously still keep them restricted to blaster weapons but gunslinger does everything a sniper can but with two pistols, I think that should be up to the players choice of how they want their character to progress with weapons. Not a forced choice that a gunslinger should only use pistols or a vanguard will only use rifles.

Yeah but there is a difference between shooting Pistols and shooing Sniper Rifles. You can't seriously expect to see someone pick up a Sniper Rifle, without any prior training IN Sniper Rifles but only had training in Pistols [dual wielding or otherwise] to all of a sudden become proficient in using Sniper Rifles? Or someone who has no training in picking up let alone handling the BFG's to be thrown in, without any heavy armor to help compensate to suddenly be able to fire the BFG's and not see any problems?

A bounty hunter being forced to use pistols is just silly.

that i will agree on but still i don't want to see a bounty hunter running around with a lightsaber so if they would make this change i would be fine with it as long as tech users are restricted to blasters and force users any type of lightsaber

Light sabers are special everyone knows this however a mando did use the dark saber 1 in a million thought

I noticed they are considered standard equipment in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

I would like to see and expanded base of weapons players could choose from. Not a total lifting of restrictions, but more options. Possibly legacy unlocks.

I hate the saberstaff with a passion, so I'd love to be able to equip my Assassin with single or dual saber options. But like others have indicated, the game is designed so that people are able to identify their enemies at first glance according to the weapons they wield. There'd be far too much resistance to this idea for the devs to seriously consider implementing it.