Am I the only one

BadHoneyBadger

hilarious that people think that the lowbie bracket is based more on skill.

pitting players with different levels of character progression (abilities, talent points spent, etc) is inherently imbalanced.

and with the way that the new Bolster works, the lowbie brackets will be fine stat wise

Yeah. But when my level 26 dude owns two level 49's that's definitely skill (them lacking or me having, whichever you prefer). We will see how it plays out, but I'd imagine it's going to boil down to the whole team of people below 30 being recruit equiv vs a team containing augmented EWH who are going to dominate them by a massive margin. It's going to bring the suck from level 50 pvp down into the lowbie brackets.

It obviously is! Argument:

1. I am highly skilled
  2. I don't do well in 50 WZ
  3. I crush lowbie
  4. there is more skill in lowbie than in 50 WZ. Q.E.D.

Premades > skill. It still exists in the low levels but its a lot less common and the gear margin is nowhere near as huge if you're decently geared with leveling blues.

I have to say that I sometimes enjoy lowbie pvp more than level 50 pvp. This better balanced-argument is probably due to the fact that if there are no badly twinked people around, everyone is around 11-13k health, while in level 50 pvp, dps-scale of health can be something like 14-20/21/22k. If you happen to be the only one in that 14k health, it will feel unfair to you.

So in both wzs you can get unbalanced teams. Maybe it's a little more often in lowbie to have balanced teams, but I've been in teams with everyone on my side on levels 10-29 while the enemy has plenty of level 40s. And of course, in lowbie one single twinkie with 17k health and same amount of everything else can ruin the fun for everyone. (Those are sometimes unbearable in the own team, too. I've had a person in a huttball team that was screaming "pass to me!" all the time, even though he was not in any good passing spot, just stood next to the ball carrier and wanted to get passed to just because he happened to be a twinkie dps.)