I'm about to try out free to play and have a question

Galbatorrix

So, my account is almost up and I'm curious about the free to play option. This isn't an "OMG, I'm quitting!" post as I have no intention of quitting and if I dislike the F2P option, I'll definitely resubscribe.

I had about 7 Million credits and I wanted to make sure I purchased everything I could so I didn't lose any functionality and also any of the money to escrow. Here's what I've bought so far...

- Artifact Equipment auth (account)

- Event Equipment auth (account)

- Quickslot x 2 (account)

- Enough character slots to allow me to keep all 16

- Unify (account)

- Crew Skill (account)

- Plus 10 GTN sales slots x 5 (single character only as I only sale on one character anyway)

- Companion customization unlock

- Hide headslot (I couldn't find an account one, so I just bought 4 or 5 for now)

I still had about 4.5 Million after this and went ahead and spread the rest out giving everyone 250K each or so.

Am I missing anything I could buy in order to keep the game as close to a subscription as possible? Also, I know about the credit cap (350K), WZs x5 and limited FP loot... what other restrictions will I be dealing with?

Thanks!

Edited by Galbatorrix

Well not being able to post on the forums again until you resub and I see you mentioned limited FPs / Ops.

I think you covered most of it - though I believe you will only be allowed to get class missions and not planetary / heroics for free (which will stop you reputation gain). You will also lose ALL rested xp.

Edited by Eillack

So, my account is almost up and I'm curious about the free to play option. This isn't an "OMG, I'm quitting!" post as I have no intention of quitting and if I dislike the F2P option, I'll definitely resubscribe.

I had about 7 Million credits and I wanted to make sure I purchased everything I could so I didn't lose any functionality and also any of the money to escrow. Here's what I've bought so far...

- Unify (account)

- Crew Skill (account)

- Plus 10 GTN sales slots x 5 (single character only as I only sale on one character anyway)

- Hide headslot (I couldn't find an account one, so I just bought 4 or 5 for now)

I still had about 4.5 Million after this and went ahead and spread the rest out giving everyone 250K each or so.

Am I missing anything I could buy in order to keep the game as close to a subscription as possible? Also, I know about the credit cap (350K), WZs x5 and limited FP loot... what other restrictions will I be dealing with?

Thanks!

Nope i think you got it covered. I compared your list to mine as i'm about to join the prefered players myself, although i still have a few more items to get.

Well not being able to post on the forums again until you resub and I see you mentioned limited FPs / Ops.

I think you covered most of it - though I believe you will only be allowed to get class missions and not planetary / heroics for free (which will stop you reputation gain). You will also lose ALL rested xp.

Yeah, no Ops at all sucks, but I'm currently just leveling characters, so it's not that big a deal.

- Unify (account)

- Crew Skill (account)

Thanks!

I, too, have been toying with the idea of going Preferred. I have a procedural question: Do you use all those unlocks now, as a subscriber, and then they carry over while you are Preferred? Or do you hang on to them in inventory, and then use them once you are Preferred?

Sounds like you have things covered.

One suggestion: rather then spread your credits around to your characters, you could also just buy and store items that you can later sell off to get credits as you need them. I only sugges this because it's pretty easy to credit cap characters as you level up. It's not something you need to do in advance, you could do it as you go along and a player gets near credit cap but you want to keep some liquidity in the form of easily sellable items/mats.

An example would be items that are always popular, and have a stable price yet are a small enough increment to pop some credits but not saturate the credit cap of a character. If I were doing it, I would probably stockpile "inventory unlocks" as they have a stable sell price of 50-70 K on most servers and are always in demand. But you could also go with popular and time stable crafting materials too if you wanted to.

We must all make a note to remember to post a few snarky teasing comments directed to Galbatorrix that he cannot respond to while he is unsubbed. :p

/just-kidding :)