Gear for Sniper?

migzmando

As said, I'm interested in your Tech Bonus power, in the tech subwindow of your character screen.

Your crit seems low for lethality, with your 5% class buff as well.

350 crit rating gives me 40% crit without stim.

Power is important; but not at the cost of so much crit imo. Altough there are two schools of toughts here, one that says crit till X RATING, the other says crit till X %.

My own experience tells me crit should always be at 250-300 crit rating, and lethality energy mechanics also tend to prefer high crit ratings imo.

Lastest hybrid parses put me at 1700 dps with the BH pieces I acquired this week, bonus tech power at 894 unstimmed, 934 with an exotech stim, accuracy at 97,9%, surge at 78,31%, crit at 40,50 % (357 rating).

Full lethalithy damage is lower a bit, but should be around 1550-1600 I'd guess, fully buffed with exotech stim. Rakata really should hit at least 1400.

I know have the strangest mix of BH enhencements, tio/BH mods =D

Small note tough, have you completed all types of companions convos around your character?

This gives 1% bonus to crit, surge and acc, permanently.

I will check when I get home from work and post my findings. I know that until I switched my gear to the columi mods and enhancements with surge rating my crit was above 41% buffed. The issue with that was my surge and power were abysmally low. Surge was at 60% bonus damage and power was around 470. So I crit a lot but for weak damage. I will let you know on my other relic and what my tech power is, also, my x52 wraith infiltrator my head piece, chest piece, gloves, boots, and dread guard relic are all augmented with skill augment 22. The only pieces that aren't are the ones I will be replacing. (Columi ear piece and implants and belt/bracers.).

Edit: also my knife is augmented with skill 22.

Edited by migzmando
Add

Tech Bonus Damage, 851.7. Tech power: 1217. Relics Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance with Skill Augment 22. other Battlemaster Relic of Boundless Ages. Use Columi Enforcer armguards, Columi Field Medic's Ear piece, and Field Medic System Implants.

Tech Bonus Damage, 851.7. Tech power: 1217. Relics Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance with Skill Augment 22. other Battlemaster Relic of Boundless Ages. Use Columi Enforcer armguards, Columi Field Medic's Ear piece, and Field Medic System Implants.

Your gear looks fine.

Get more surge, make sure all mods are decent one (not those with a crapload of endurance) and all mods are unlettered for max power/crit. Accuracy is good, but not above surge since most of your dps comes from tech.

3 enhencement with acc on it should do, you'll move closer to 100% with 61-63 enhencements.

4x51 + the 100 you get from your earpieces will put your surge to a decent level and should help nicely.

Crit should be no lower than 250 for lethality, ideally around 300. Rest in power.

But imo if your surge go up, so should your dps.

...Relics Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance with Skill Augment 22.

Is that relic the internal damage proc one? I never remember their names.

At any rate, for snipers, the internal damage proc one is the best for DPS.

The energy/elemental ones have critical % based on your force crit rate, which is terrible. So they crit at a very low rate for bounty hunters and agents.

The kinectic/internal damage ones use tech crit rates, so they end up doing a lot more damage (You'll crit more than 2x as much as you would with a force crit based one). B/c of the armor penetration available to snipers, the internal damage one ends up being the best for DPS.

Edited by Infalliable

Icefang, mwahaha. Run your numbers on a dummy with rotation. Then brag....Nerds love that as a test. Though ive never fought a dummy with no resitance that stands still. Last I looked you should gear same.as me with aim instead of so much power. campaign gives your silly bonus. If you truly want to dmg in the top of class, disregard the safety of your crew. i lose so much dmg healing button m a sshers a nd rotations well, there is a saying : All your plans and tactics go out the window as soon as that first hit lands....good luck Agent. hit me up as Kidwell if you need a hand.