The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

Selenial

Wait, wait wait...so Barriss is out of the Order and tried to kill Ahsoka? Give me all the spoilers, I haven't kept up with TCW since the first half od season 4. But this makes no sense! She isn't a dual weilding Jedi. She was also killed with Secura when 66 was issued. A damn AT-TE blew her up! Are they completely re-writing her? I know things have been retconned before, but this is insane. Barriss Offee is now a traitor?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, wait wait...so Barriss is out of the Order and tried to kill Ahsoka? Give me all the spoilers, I haven't kept up with TCW since the first half od season 4. But this makes no sense! She isn't a dual weilding Jedi. She was also killed with Secura when 66 was issued. A damn AT-TE blew her up! Are they completely re-writing her? I know things have been retconned before, but this is insane. Barriss Offee is now a traitor?
If you haven't seen this episode, or any of this season I suggest you drop everything and go and do it. At least two of these arcs are by far the best this series has ever had.

Everything about Barriss at the end of the war is now seemingly uncanon, no official word yet, but it seems likely

Personally I think it's a good thing what they have done here, they have given us a traitor with a cause that has also driven a huge wedge between Anakin and the jedi order and Ahsoka's connection with both

Not much happened surrounding Barriss until she got blown up in one of the comics, and in exchange for that little incident they have turned a previously very one dimensional character into a very complicated person with the ability to have more deep impacts in the future of the series

Edited by SNCommand

Everything about Barriss at the end of the war is now seemingly uncanon, no official word yet, but it seems likely

Personally I think it's a good thing what they have done here, they have given us a traitor with a cause that has also driven a huge wedge between Anakin and the jedi order and Ahsoka's connection with both

Not much happened surrounding Barriss until she got blown up in one of the comics, and in exchange for that little incident they have turned a previously very one dimensional character into a very complicated person with the ability to have more deep impacts in the future of the series

I always wanted to see them develop Barris more, but I never wanted to see her turn like this. In th eend, though, she will certainly get a more fitting death than having a damn walker blast her into dust. Even I gave her a better death in a fanfic I wrote about my old SWG medic.

Still, not the way I wanted to see the character's development go. On Denand, here I come!

Also...Is season six a sure thing or will we learn about Ahsoka's fate in the second TCW movie? I believe original plans were the first movie, five seasons of the show and then a second movie to end it.

Edited by Kilikaa

EP VII

Now the 60 years old Luke was writing the Jedi Path. Ahsoka came with his invitation, put on her reading glasses to help correct it. They suddenly saw Ventress walked with two sticks which once were lightsabers, trying to tell them something, before they could understand her words, the now half wheelchair half Zabark Maul slowly came in, seems try to reach the book but could not make it.

EP VII

Now the 60 years old Luke was writing the Jedi Path. Ahsoka came with his invitation, put on her reading glasses to help correct it. They suddenly saw Ventress walked with two sticks which once were lightsabers, trying to tell them something, before they could understand her words, the now half wheelchair half Zabark Maul slowly came in, seems try to reach the book but could not make it.

ROFLMAO! Wheelchair bound Maul. That would be hysterical.:D

:o

Also...Is season six a sure thing or will we learn about Ahsoka's fate in the second TCW movie? I believe original plans were the first movie, five seasons of the show and then a second movie to end it.

It's a sure thing, three episodes of season 5 got pushed back into it, and there's several statements made by the team making it about what we will see, apparently Tatooine is a confirmed location

Anyway, they've said they will continue making the show as long as people watch, that's a bit more iffy now since that statement was before Disney bought Star Wars, but the writers are far ahead and had apparently finished writing season 6 in 2011

It's a sure thing, three episodes of season 5 got pushed back into it, and there's several statements made by the team making it about what we will see, apparently Tatooine is a confirmed location

Anyway, they've said they will continue making the show as long as people watch, that's a bit more iffy now since that statement was before Disney bought Star Wars, but the writers are far ahead and had apparently finished writing season 6 in 2011

I hope they don't continue it too long. A sixth season is starting to stretch the Clone Wars a bit. Gives me time to catch up, though. When season five is on dvd I should have watched every episode from season 1-4.

I would be happy for them to tie up TCW with a 6th season and a movie and then move on to tell the stories of other eras in the Star Wars universe.

Perhaps even move into telling the stories leading up to Episode VII.

Edited by TheBBP

I would be happy for them to tie up TCW with a 6th season and a movie and then move on to tell the stories of other eras in the Star Wars universe.

Perhaps even move into telling the stories leading up to Episode VII.

I'm happy if they stick with the Clone Wars, it's my favorite era in the Star Wars universe, less black and white than before or after, it's the bridge between the prequels and the original trilogy, it has far more elements of real conflicts than other eras, and the setting has now become very deep and diverse

This is ignoring 30+ years of established cannon starting with what was directly in the movies. Luke reestablished the jedi order without significant aid of the past jedi order. Any direct appearance of Ashoka in future movies would have to be after Luke's order is established, unless you're okay with spitting on the concept of the original trilogy of movies?

Books are not established canon as many actually contradicted each other. What Disney puts in the new trilogy will be the canon.

In their creation, since the script hasn't been completed, nobody knows. Well, except may be JJ Abrams and a few select others. What *YOU* want to be canon doesn't make it canon.

White saber?...Did I miss something? What white saber? Also I assume, those Jedi guards are apart of the Temple Security Guard.

The Jedi master who helped Ahsoka find her saber had a silver blade during the scene when he was training the padawans.

His saber is blue, maybe it was the glare...

However silver sabers I thought were canon?

Books are not established canon as many actually contradicted each other. What Disney puts in the new trilogy will be the canon.

In their creation, since the script hasn't been completed, nobody knows. Well, except may be JJ Abrams and a few select others. What *YOU* want to be canon doesn't make it canon.

To elaborate on that, canon has ranks. The Clone Wars tv series is on a much higher level than any of the Starwars novels or games, and as such it can retcon anything of inferior rank without any fuss. Just like how in the Clone Wars Mandalore was shown to have experienced a Renaissance of peace and reform. It was an excellent change too.

The Jedi master who helped Ahsoka find her saber had a silver blade during the scene when he was training the padawans.

His saber is blue, maybe it was the glare...

However silver sabers I thought were canon?

Hmm...ok I do recall that, but not sure it was white..

To elaborate on that, canon has ranks. The Clone Wars tv series is on a much higher level than any of the Starwars novels or games, and as such it can retcon anything of inferior rank without any fuss. Just like how in the Clone Wars Mandalore was shown to have experienced a Renaissance of peace and reform. It was an excellent change too.

Yes, the Clone Wars can trump anything probably with the exception of the movies. Anything that had the Lucas name attached in one way or another is established canon. Well now I guess anything with Disney from now on too. Lucas wasn't has hard on his IP as Roddenberry was in keeping the iron grip. But Lucas wasn't going to change his plans because some other guy/gal published a book on his IP.

That's why I will find it funny when people rage if Disney/JJ do anything the strong supporters of everything EU disagree with. And if Disney just retold the same stories that's been around for years, I would say Disney and JJ would be lazy (much less the plagiarism of it all)

Yes I did say apparent list, but just because Pt.2 is there doesn't mean they're fake, it could be a placeholder till future name is decided...... Would make sense that they just keep it there to show its having the same storyline...

and i do remember footage in the trailer of anakin beating up some guy (choking, thrown into a table, etc.) in presumably Padme's apartment

You are wrong, but in a way that is understandable. Lucas himself established cannon, in it's most essential characteristics as a two part system. Movies & the cartoon are the highest level of cannon. Everything else with a lucasfilms logo is second. Then there are a myriad of technical rules to sort out conflicts, with Leeland Chee at lucasfilms being the final say so for all practical purposes. Until Disney set's new rules, that is the undisputable truth as laid out by Lucas himself.

So anything in this episode trumps any previous ideas you had about Baris Offee for instance. The most often overwritten cannon has been from this show, as it was sort of impossible for them to have all these seasons of the clone wars without overwriting previous clone war concepts. First to go was Timothy Zahn's concept of the clone wars. Then the timeline has essentially made all pervious comics and even books questionable cannon status because there simply isn't enough time for all of this stuff to happen and certainly not in the order established. For instance Anakin's knighthood as presented in novel form is no longer cannon. TCW presented it differently, and it wins.

And yeah, I cringed a little when I saw that white saber, there are no white sabers in Star Wars!
Did you not watch the show? I'm pretty sure there is considering the show is the second highest form of canon.

Also, anyone who thinks they're not going to overwrite the post RotJ EU is fooling themselves. Lucas himself has stated in interviews that Luke never gets married, the emperor isn't cloned, etc. I'm sorry your books are no longer relevant.