The KOTOR Trilogy

Just finished JK story, so here goes nothing...

Lets face it:

The Jedi Knight story is basically KOTOR 3. Its even cannonical under the article "Hero of Tython". However, there is no defined name under Hero of Tython, so thats what we refer the character to.

The JK and Warrior stories were Bioware's pet-projects. The JK, however, seems like a more KOTOR-like storyline. I've played the entire thing, and got a KOTOR-feeling while playing it. Forthose of you waiting for KOTOR 3, play the JK story. At this point, its the closest you'll get.

Note: I put this is Star Wars Discussion because it involves KOTOR I & II, so I decided Story and Lore wouldn't be the best place to put it.

Edited by Bird_of_Thunder

The JK story Kotor3, it's arguable, but it's also arguable that all eight stories are Kotor3, the exact order in which they occur has never been confirmed. I know that the Sith Warrior story occurs before the Jedi Consular, but the others seem to be in several points in the timeline at once. On top of that I'm pretty sure that all eight stories are equally canonical, either they all are or they all aren't.

Also you could have put this in "Story and Lore" if you wanted, it qualifies, it also qualifies for this forum and possibly "General Disscussion", it's just a matter of taste.

Edited by AlexDougherty

KotOR 3 is meant to be the cash-in novel Drew wrote, the Jedi knight is the final chapter to it.

I'l never understand the hate for the Revan novel, its probably my favorite Star Wars book and I thought it was epic. It was literally written by the guy who wrote KOTOR....

I'l never understand the hate for the Revan novel, its probably my favorite Star Wars book and I thought it was epic. It was literally written by the guy who wrote KOTOR....

I could easily tear apart that book again and tell you why drew karpyshyn writing it makes it all even worse, but I don't want to sound like a broken record.

It was an horrible book on several accounts.

Allthough interesting to read and learn about what happen to Revan, the book is poorly written.

drew had done alot better in the past thats for sure. In my opinion though drew was highly conditioned by marketing issues due swtor release. also i dont realy think the jedi knight story in game is that good. Its too generic if not lack lust in some points. Allthough i love my sentinel.

I could easily tear apart that book again and tell you why drew karpyshyn writing it makes it all even worse, but I don't want to sound like a broken record.

Lemme guess

1.) Turned Exile into a Revan fangirl (the biggest reason)

2.) No in depth on other characters besides Revan (The main character Scourge got less depth)

3.) Downplaying the Exile's strength tremendously. The Exile whom defeated Darth Nihilus (the living black hole that would consume even Sidious if they met), Darth Sion (Cannot die unless he allows it), and Darth Traya (Revan's master, enough said) gets her butt kicked by a no name DC member (Nyriss) and has to have her damsel in distress butt saved by no other than Revan (Again Drew's biggest crime against a character just beause it isnt his own.)

-This results in an influx of fanboys who claim Revan to be God in SW (most likely the case), and haters who claim Revan to be weaker than well pretty much everyone (less likely but still happens to some extent).

4.) Giving Emperor Vitiate Mind Control powers (bad plot device? but i never understood why that would be the case) and making him look to be the God of all gods in power.

-This results in an influx of SW fans to question and fight against canon about who really is the strongest sith lord out there (we all know this was being argued before Vitiate came around, but Drew's novel of him certainly didnt help things) also we all know its Sidious, Dark Empire proves it even without quotes saying he is the strongest.

Am i missing anything, i think i got most of it for ya, you havent been here in awhile so your criticism on the poorly written novel would be fresh and welcomed!!

Lemme guess

1.) Turned Exile into a Revan fangirl (the biggest reason)

2.) No in depth on other characters besides Revan (The main character Scourge got less depth)

3.) Downplaying the Exile's strength tremendously. The Exile whom defeated Darth Nihilus (the living black hole that would consume even Sidious if they met), Darth Sion (Cannot die unless he allows it), and Darth Traya (Revan's master, enough said) gets her butt kicked by a no name DC member (Nyriss) and has to have her damsel in distress butt saved by no other than Revan (Again Drew's biggest crime against a character just beause it isnt his own.)

-This results in an influx of fanboys who claim Revan to be God in SW (most likely the case), and haters who claim Revan to be weaker than well pretty much everyone (less likely but still happens to some extent).

4.) Giving Emperor Vitiate Mind Control powers (bad plot device? but i never understood why that would be the case) and making him look to be the God of all gods in power.

-This results in an influx of SW fans to question and fight against canon about who really is the strongest sith lord out there (we all know this was being argued before Vitiate came around, but Drew's novel of him certainly didnt help things) also we all know its Sidious, Dark Empire proves it even without quotes saying he is the strongest.

Am i missing anything, i think i got most of it for ya, you havent been here in awhile so your criticism on the poorly written novel would be fresh and welcomed!!

^This

All I have ever seen written by anyone who has beef with the novel.

To be fair, just because it is the only thing you hear being bashed about the novel, doesn't make it invalid. Also, it is an easy read, but it is definitely not expertly written. I am not expecting it to be something to find in a High School Anthology but it definitely is something even a 7-year old can read.