Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Conversion ratio and other 2.0 info

Malchan

Commendations and Commendation Items

Seems there will be a 800 cap for Classic Commendations. And we may unfortunately lose all comms over the 800 limit.

Tionese 6:1 conversion

Columi 4:1 conversion

Black Hole 1:1 conversion

Daily 4:1 conversion

I'd say hoard as many as you can but to be safe don't get over 800 with the conversion ratio starting for us in 2.0

Other commendations being added

Ultimate > Elite > Basic

We also seem to be losing some items too from vendors.

Exotech Stims

Rakata Implants/Earpieces

Blackhole Implants/Earpieces

Hazmat Implants

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/swtor-old-to-classsic-comm-conversion-21.jpg

Information gathered by Dulfy on http://www.dulfy.net feel free to look on their site for game info and other interesting info.

Edited by Malchan

Yea... I'm already doing my bit of planning. I will be vendoring a bunch before launch. :D Uassembled items may be a way to stack classic comms beyond the 800 overflow cap, but... hopefully I won't be using classic comms for very long if at all. Edited by Rafaman

I would hoard as many Tionese / Columi commendations and all unassembled Columi / Rakata pieces till cap. But spend Black Hole commendations since the gear in 2.0 cost 2x the black hole cost.

I'm going to try and cap on my main and mule to get all the gear I want and transfer it via legacy gear.

I would hoard as many Tionese / Columi commendations and all unassembled Columi / Rakata pieces till cap. But spend Black Hole commendations since the gear in 2.0 cost 2x the black hole cost.

I don't think the unassembled will do anything after the change, those will probably be useless come 2.0. I'd turn those in now, even if it's just to vendor/re the item.

there is a vendor in 2.0 that will convert those to 75 comms per piece. 2 = 1 piece of black hole / campaign gear.

Exactly and that is how you can overcome the 800 Classic comm cap by stacking unassembled items. But really... I'm not going to be interested in classic items for very long anyway. The goal will be to get the Basic 55L gear set.

Classic comms will be the "Tionese" comms of the new 2.0 scheme.

They've already stated there is going to be a seamless gearing progress from fresh 50 (pre-tionese) into 51-55 using drops and quest rewards, just like 1-49. So, my question is, WHY bother stock piling these? They don't achieve anything unless you want to be overly geared for the new content which will trivialize it until it catches up at 54ish.

They've already stated there is going to be a seamless gearing progress from fresh 50 (pre-tionese) into 51-55 using drops and quest rewards, just like 1-49. So, my question is, WHY bother stock piling these? They don't achieve anything unless you want to be overly geared for the new content which will trivialize it until it catches up at 54ish.

Legacy benefits for non-geared alts.

Legacy benefits for non-geared alts.

To achieve what? Those same ungeared alt's can just level 50-55 in the provided quest and drop gear, like new fresh 50's. These comm's do not help at all at 55, that's what Basic comms are for.

Yea... I'm already doing my bit of planning. I will be vendoring a bunch before launch. :D Uassembled items may be a way to stack classic comms beyond the 800 overflow cap, but... hopefully I won't be using classic comms for very long if at all.

You can hoard, but it's a little bit pointless to do so. Right now exchaging tokens to comms counts against your weekly limit, and while it's nice to get 100 coms at once, it's quite likely you would earn them anyway doing all kinds of different quests anyway.

To achieve what? Those same ungeared alt's can just level 50-55 in the provided quest and drop gear, like new fresh 50's. These comm's do not help at all at 55, that's what Basic comms are for.

It's going to be a quick few hundred grand if you do it right.

Just curious...will the Tionese Crystals just go poof, or is there a conversion for them also? {Or can they still be used as they are currently?}

from the patch notes:

Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.

• 3 weeks later...
from the patch notes:

Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.

Planetary Comms are capped at 50 (not sure of overflow on conversion - maybe 100), so keeping any Tionese Crystals is probably a bad idea unless you do not have any Commendations saved up from all the various planets.

I also feel using any Unassembled pieces before the conversion makes sense as using them after the conversion will count against your weekly cap, which won't take much activity to hit.

If you don't have DG relics, but have or can get the 300 daily comms, I'd buy them now - they will cost twice as much post conversion.

Same with BH gear and especially with Campaign armornings using BH Comms. The gear costs will double and the armornings with the set bonuses will no longer be available on the vendor.

Edited by DawnAskham

Planetary Comms are capped at 50 (not sure of overflow on conversion - maybe 100), so keeping any Tionese Crystals is probably a bad idea unless you do not have any Commendations saved up from all the various planets.

I also feel using any Unassembled pieces before the conversion makes sense as using them after the conversion will count against your weekly cap, which won't take much activity to hit.

If you don't have DG relics, but have or can get the 300 daily comms, I'd buy them now - they will cost twice as much post conversion.

Same with BH gear and especially with Campaign armornings using BH Comms. The gear costs will double and the armornings with the set bonuses will no longer be available on the vendor.

DG (Hazmat) Relics are 350 BH Comms I believe.

EDIT: Disregard, was thinking implants.

Edited by dlipscomb
I was thinking implants

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.