New Jedi AC

jsutiv

Hello guys,

I am brand new to swtor. So I just dled the game and leveled a jedi knight to 9. I mean come on what star wars fan doesn't want to be the jedi knight.

So my delimma is I can't decide on guardian or sentinel. (the ultimate choice lol) Anyways I did some researching and I understand sent uses 2 lightsabers and guard uses 1. Sent can only dps and guard can tank or dps.

My question is which has better lightsaber animations and force skills. Also which one is better for soloing and pvp since I don't know a single person that plays this game I ll probably be doing majority of solo play. And if they have different mobility let me know.

Thanks for the help guys

May the Force be with you (lol had to say it)

Hi - I had the same dilemma originally so I made two JK's , one male and one female, and made one sent and one guard. I play solo most of the time too and have a lot of fun with both specs - ( haven't tried pvp as yet) - gotta love that force leap! It's a matter of personal taste really as some with say either one is better for their own reasons. The storyline for the male JK will progress slightly differently as he has the better romance option. So try both and see how you go, but the main thing is to have FUN! Oh, and may the force be with you also :)

I also have a Jedi Knight. I went Sentinel b/c I wanted to wield 2 lightsabers and be a total ******!:cool: The Sentinel can deal massive damage, but the Guardian is designed to take massive damage. Do you want to dish it out, or take it? I personally favor the Sentinel! :cool: But the choice is yours. May the Force Be With You, my young padawan! :cool:

I also have a Jedi Knight. I went Sentinel b/c I wanted to wield 2 lightsabers and be a total ******!:cool: The Sentinel can deal massive damage, but the Guardian is designed to take massive damage. Do you want to dish it out, or take it? I personally favor the Sentinel! :cool: But the choice is yours. May the Force Be With You, my young padawan! :cool:

I resent that, as Vigilance Guardian I am just as capable of dealing out massive damage as a Combat Sentinel, and we both share a tree, Focus, which is considered OP'd in both ACs. Guardian has all the classic Jedi moves, Force Leap, Force Push, Force Stasis.. It also has some of the more acrobatic moves in the Vigilance tree, Overhead Slash is a somersaulting move, Plasma Brand is leaping downward slashing attack. Sentinel has... two lightsabers..

No really, I play a Guardian and Sentinel and while it could be argued a Sentinel's rotation flows a little smoother, Guardian requires paying attention to yourself and your environment alot more to maximize your "rotation" but it's also more bursty than a Sentinel's, nothing beats getting that first Zen Strike proc, and hitting a master strike, plasma brand, master strike combo. Woe be the tank that's trying to hold aggro when you pull off that move to open a fight, I've had some raids where the entire first phase the boss kept flipping between me and the tank, and the raid leader asking me to dial it back...

So I ended up making a guardian just for the flexability of being either tank or dps. I was wondering for guardian does sundering strike replace strike, or do you use both. And what skills do I use. I feel like I have too many. sundering strike, strike, slash, master strike, blade storm, riposte, and force slash(aoe). Plus Ill get saber throw, overhead slash, plasma brand, and some others.

Thanks guys

May the force be with you

So I ended up making a guardian just for the flexability of being either tank or dps. I was wondering for guardian does sundering strike replace strike, or do you use both. And what skills do I use. I feel like I have too many. sundering strike, strike, slash, master strike, blade storm, riposte, and force slash(aoe). Plus Ill get saber throw, overhead slash, plasma brand, and some others.

Thanks guys

May the force be with you

Use sundering strike on cooldown as long as you have 6 or less focus, it's your main focus builder. Strike is a good filler if you don't have more than 4 focus (generates focus), otherwise slash (spends focus) is better. You will use all those skills and others, Sweep and cyclone slash (what you called force slash) are needed for AOE, the rest you'll use although as a DPS, you probably won't use Riposte, however as a tank you will. Honestly there isn't one skill a guardian never uses, I have 3 hotbars filled (4 if you count ancillary binds, like medpacks, adrenals, relics, huttball pass, etc). Some are used more, some less, but there's always some point or other that you will use them all. Welcome to being a guardian.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.