The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sweltering Heat and Ion Pulse with Ionised Ignition

TrigPt

Should spamming Ion Pulse when specced into Ionised Ignition and Sweltering Heat keep the movement debuff up on target until you run out of ammo and have to use another ability?

Was practising stuff on a target dummy and noticed it only refreshed the movement debuff twice and wouldn't refresh again unless I refreshed the plamsa cell dot with HiB or Hammer Shot or allowed the dot to end and reapply it.

Working as intended?

You know I just tried it on a robot on Corellia, and it's weird but I hit Ion Pulse two times and got the slow effect twice before it wouldn't refresh. However once I hit High Impact Bolt then the slow effect re-applies.

So after some more testing in Black Hole spamming Ion Pulse or Hammer Shot seems to give you at most 2 slow effects in a row. I've been cycling between Ion Pulse, Hammer Shot, and HIB. However I noticed that HIB will yield a third slow effect and seem to refresh the cycle. Switching targets to something you haven't hit yet will apply the slow on them, but you still have the same problem of 2 max then either a lockout duration or HIB hit. I'm not sure if it's a lockout duration or not because I'd have to test it on something that dies a lot slower.

However this is puzzling to me . . .

other thoughts: However the slow effect only applies for 2 seconds . . . which . . . isn't that long . . . this sort of makes me wonder how useful it is. At least in shield spec it applies for 6 seconds and I don't ever remember seeing something like this where it doesn't apply the slow even though the damage re-applies.

Edited by unluckyperson

You know I just tried it on a robot on Corellia, and it's weird but I hit Ion Pulse two times and got the slow effect twice before it wouldn't refresh. However once I hit High Impact Bolt then the slow effect re-applies.

So after some more testing in Black Hole spamming Ion Pulse or Hammer Shot seems to give you at most 2 slow effects in a row. I've been cycling between Ion Pulse, Hammer Shot, and HIB. However I noticed that HIB will yield a third slow effect and seem to refresh the cycle. Switching targets to something you haven't hit yet will apply the slow on them, but you still have the same problem of 2 max then either a lockout duration or HIB hit. I'm not sure if it's a lockout duration or not because I'd have to test it on something that dies a lot slower.

This is how it works. Now you understand why some people are so far off with the ascertain that pyrotech has a "permaslow." Unfortunately, if the skill functions as it does now on the current iteration of the PTS get ready for it to be even worse in 2.0.

2.0:

Sweltering Heat now only applies consecutively a maximum of 2 times no matter the combination of abilities. You must let the Plasma Cell Dot fall off/be cleansed before it can apply its slow effect again. (Previously a High Impact Bolt on the target affected by the Plasma Cell dot would refresh the Sweltering Heat slow and allow you to apply the Sweltering Heat slow up to two more times before needing another High Impact Bolt to reset the Plasma Cell dot/Sweltering Heat slow.)

EDIT: I went ahead and posted a Bug Report in the PTS forums. Considering the feedback we've had on the tank tree with Heat Screen functioning incorrectly, now may finally be a chance to get this clarified or fixed. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=605451

Edited by Evuo

This is how it works. Now you understand why some people are so far off with the ascertain that pyrotech has a "permaslow." Unfortunately, if the skill functions as it does now on the current iteration of the PTS get ready for it to be even worse in 2.0.

2.0:

Sweltering Heat now only applies consecutively a maximum of 2 times no matter the combination of abilities. You must let the Plasma Cell Dot fall off/be cleansed before it can apply its slow effect again. (Previously a High Impact Bolt on the target affected by the Plasma Cell dot would refresh the Sweltering Heat slow and allow you to apply the Sweltering Heat slow up to two more times before needing another High Impact Bolt to reset the Plasma Cell dot/Sweltering Heat slow.)

EDIT: I went ahead and posted a Bug Report in the PTS forums. Considering the feedback we've had on the tank tree with Heat Screen functioning incorrectly, now may finally be a chance to get this clarified or fixed. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=605451

Okay so I guess the question is . . . is it supposed to work like that?

I've recently switched from a tank in PvP to DPS and I don't remember Neural Overload having issues like this.

Edited by unluckyperson

Okay so I guess the question is . . . is it supposed to work like that?

I've recently switched from a tank in PvP to DPS and I don't remember Neural Overload having issues like this.

Correct, Neural Overload does not have this issue. I posted a bug report on the PTS forums, but its been this way since release and it has never been addressed. With it becoming worse on the PTS and the recent activity from the developer's we might finally be able to get this addressed.