Bioware, let's be serious for a couple of minutes and indulge me/us...

biggermuscles

Just as was the case with bad melee players not knowing how to use interrupt early in the game's history, Mercs might look useful initially in 2.0. But once melee dps learn how to counter Electro Net, the Merc will be useless again. EVEN RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO REASON FOR A MELEE TO FEAR ELECTRO NET. Just save your cc breaker for Electro Net. There are strategies available to the melee that don't even require that ability to defeat Electro Net. Bottom line, the Merc skill set is limited to beating up on bads. Just like it always has been.

If they waste their CC breaker on Electro-net, Tech Override/Concussive Round, move to 30m, heal up, and start blasting away again. Seriously it's a bad player that wastes a CC breaker on a snare. The only melee I fear are stealthers, the other melee I can see are easily dealt with.

If they waste their CC breaker on Electro-net, Tech Override/Concussive Round, move to 30m, heal up, and start blasting away again. Seriously it's a bad player that wastes a CC breaker on a snare. The only melee I fear are stealthers, the other melee I can see are easily dealt with.

lol @ tech override, like it's always up, 2 minute cooldown bro, if you're saving it for a sap that heals them and breaks on damage (not to mention practically full resolves them)

you are doing it HORRIBLY wrong

why do you idiots continue to argue in favor of mercs/commandos in their current state

this is why you get no love from bioware

ffs

Edited by biggermuscles

fact of the matter is

vang pyro > merc pyro

why? simple, ion pulse your face off

If you are dumb and facetank them.. I can hit my resets at 30m, VG 10m and less.. All you have to do is learn how to kite. If they pull me, knockback, I might be rooted, but they aren't.. and now they are out of IP range of me.. :D

How the hell do you kite as a merc when you have to stand and channel. The two are mutually exclusive.

2.0 All bounty hunters get Hydraulic Overrides which is a Kiters wet dream. Unfortunately, both DPS mercs specs can't take advantage of it because they have to stand and channel lol. Good thinking Bioware!

Edited by JackNader

How the hell do you kite as a merc when you have to stand and channel. The two are mutually exclusive.

2.0 All bounty hunters get Hydraulic Overrides which is a Kiters wet dream. Unfortunately, both DPS mercs specs can't take advantage of it because they have to stand and channel lol. Good thinking Bioware!

yeah man

i don't even know with some of these response, i just don't even know

trying to help out the merc/mando community but it seems they want no help, which is even more depressing than bw not helping them stay on par if not a little better than other classes in 2.0

Concussive Round buys you nothing. Once the Merc's DoT ticks, the melee dps is free again and he goes right back to beating up on the Merc. Meanwhile the Merc has wasted his Tech Override, meaning that he won't be able to use Fusion Missile in the fight, a huge loss. As I said, bad melee players are confused about Electro Net right now so it can be used with a modicum of success. Average melee players can use their cc breaker to negate it. Good melee players can negate Electro Net while not using the cc breaker at all.

Concussive Round buys you nothing. Once the Merc's DoT ticks, the melee dps is free again and he goes right back to beating up on the Merc. Meanwhile the Merc has wasted his Tech Override, meaning that he won't be able to use Fusion Missile in the fight, a huge loss. As I said, bad melee players are confused about Electro Net right now so it can be used with a modicum of success. Average melee players can use their cc breaker to negate it. Good melee players can negate Electro Net while not using the cc breaker at all.

let's stop indulging that drasqko guy, he's just trolling, that's the only thing that makes sense, cause he seriously can't believe what he's typing/saying

and back on topic

waiting on response from bioware and why they continue to take a crap on this poor class

Assault spec/Pyro don't have to stand and channel.. They can kite AND DPS, which is why I switched off Gunnery and over to Assault. Gunnery looks great on paper, even performs really well in Ops, but it really suffers in PvP because the second you have to start moving, your DPS drops like a rock. Assault Spec doesn't suffer from that at all.

No amount of arguing by me will convince any of you though, so you can go back to whining about how bad it is. Me.. I'll be dominating warzones while you whine in the forums. Sorry but carry on.. Or you can learn to be a better player and maximize your class. Sure the skill curve of merc/mando is high, but so is the ceiling. This is not a class for an average player to get the most from. If you want that, go roll a smasher or pyro.

The only way to "kite" as a Commando/Mercenary is to use Stockstrike when things are in melee range to root them, run away, attack, Stockstrike when they get close again, run away. etc But you have to basically utilize a lot of skills to do this.

And it's only effective against bad players. :D

However, it could become slightly more effective with Electro Net, Tech Override having the chance to give you two instant casts and Hold the Line. But still ******.

You actually get quite alot of new skills plus the change in what alacrity does makes you very effective. Agreed your changes are not so visible as the other classes and we'll see how you fair against melee but form what I see that change in adrenaline rush is very handy.

I think he's talking about the healer tree, which was never as dire as the dps trees, but it's been the worst healing class by a significant margin for about a year now. all of the changes you cited seem geared toward dps with only residual/marginal benefits to combat medics. we'll have to see how the resource management ends up. combined with the alacrity changes in 2.0, that could be enough. it's hard to say. but from the outside looking in, there aren't any obvious 'healer focused' boons. imo.

The only way to "kite" as a Commando/Mercenary is to use Stockstrike when things are in melee range to root them, run away, attack, Stockstrike when they get close again, run away. etc But you have to basically utilize a lot of skills to do this.

And it's only effective against bad players. :D

However, it could become slightly more effective with Electro Net, Tech Override having the chance to give you two instant casts and Hold the Line. But still ******.

no. doesn't gunnery have a root attached to the punt since 1.4? although you should be shot for even bringing gunnery into a WZ.

assault's plasma cell puts a slow on the enemy target.

medic's kolto bomb is a slow to enemies.

summary: both viable pvp specs (assault & medic) have the tools to kite and the cleanses to remove snares/roots. yes. they can kite.

Edited by foxmob

no. doesn't gunnery have a root attached to the punt since 1.4? although you should be shot for even bringing gunnery into a WZ.

Part of the issue with kiting is that it doesn't work well with the Resolve system. In a standard duel situation, most classes have two stun/mezz abilities one of which can be negated by an enemy. So you get one effective stun at the cost of filling the enemy's resolve bar. Now the kiter (ranged) would like to use a knockback to extend the range at times, but doing so effectively comes at the cost of forgoing one of your stuns. That is not a good trade-off. Meanwhile the kitee (melee) is simply using snares and roots to play the range game - and both of those are off the resolve system. That is one of the primary reasons why the deck is stacked against the kiter. Ironically the best kiter, is the subclass that DOESN'T move, i.e. the Sniper - who can use roots which remain outside the resolve system.

it works fine. I understand what you're saying, but that's like a sage healer saying he needs bubble-stun to stay alive. the fact of the matter is that he's supposed to die. if he were able to escape all the time, then nobody would ever die. resolve is badly managed, but I can kite everyone but a good pt on my commando medic for a very long time...and I can kill most dps classes if it lasts long enough.

although you should be shot for even bringing gunnery into a WZ.

lol I primarily play a combat medic spec, and only go with Gunnery when we either end up with 7567409876 healers on our team, or I just feel like messing around for the heck of it (this doesn't happen often, maybe 1/100 Warzones).

Kolto Bomb has slowed enemies for as long as I can remember. It only lasts 3 seconds.

it works fine. I understand what you're saying, but that's like a sage healer saying he needs bubble-stun to stay alive. the fact of the matter is that he's supposed to die. if he were able to escape all the time, then nobody would ever die. resolve is badly managed, but I can kite everyone but a good pt on my commando medic for a very long time...and I can kill most dps classes if it lasts long enough.

Zero chance a good commando medic kills a good melee dps. But yes, you can occupy them for a very, VERY, long time. The problem however is much more severe for Merc/Commando dps. Here, even with Electro Net, a good melee is simply not going to lose to the Merc/Commando in a head to head fight. This is a problem because even if the 1v1 survivability wasn't an issue, the rage/focus melee has about a 50% advantage in damage output if both toons are left alone to dps. And the melee toon has more utility. The fact that the Merc/Commando dps is disadvantaged in all three aspects (survivability, productivity, utility), and by large margins in each category is why no one uses them in ranked wz.

Anyone who says electro net is OP or the CD is just fine is a retard. GO PLAY A COMMANDO ON THE PTR!

I electro net a PT, he harpoons me, stuns me, bam electro net has worn off, once the net is off your once again useless when someone is in your face. If you get off a hold the line then you may get away, but if you don't your screwed.

All I ask for is grav round/tracer missile to be uninterruptible, or reduce the cast time significantly.