EWH Boundless Ages vs 2.0 Relics

MacrossMan

• 1 month later...

assuming 100% uptime for the partisan relic you get 141 power, time averaged, and 109 expertise. if you assume that you get a proc every 23 seconds, this drops to 125, which is still gerater than EWH and has more expertise.

evaluations of the damage proc relics in comparison to power are more tricky because it relies on crit chance, attacks per second and mitigation of the target (for that dmg ype)

assuming 100% uptime for the partisan relic you get 141 power, time averaged, and 109 expertise. if you assume that you get a proc every 23 seconds, this drops to 125, which is still gerater than EWH and has more expertise.

evaluations of the damage proc relics in comparison to power are more tricky because it relies on crit chance, attacks per second and mitigation of the target (for that dmg ype)

man, you sound so smart .. are you?

The main problem with proc relics in PvP is that a warzone isnt like an 8 minute boss battle where you can calculate the average proc "uptime". In a warzone you might get the proc during your last attack on a guy and just when you're about to move on to another objective. that's wasted proc time here. I'd much rather have a static relic. Edited by MidichIorian

The main problem with proc relics in PvP is that a warzone isnt like an 8 minute boss battle where you can calculate the average proc "uptime". In a warzone you might get the proc during your last attack on a guy and just when you're about to move on to another objective. that's wasted proc time here. I'd much rather have a static relic.

one of the reasons TTK will go up

still waiting for 2.0 going live to do the final mats about relics and PVE barrels/hilts

one of the reasons TTK will go up

still waiting for 2.0 going live to do the final mats about relics and PVE barrels/hilts

yeah, definitely glad I have my ewh relics on my 50s, as for my lowbies, guess it will probably suck to be them. I'd much rather have a static relic than a proc one.

On the last build of the PTS, EWH relics were nerfed to have less expertise so regardless of whether or not proc relics are good or bad for PvP you really don't have much of a choice.

This, they nerfed the expertise to the point where there is no choice

In the last build on PTS, did someone test the possibility of stacking Partizan and Conqueror relics? Did they work together? Or did they count like the same type relics thus giving only one proc?

That's a good point. if someone knows this that would be awesome.

I'm going to assume no.

In the last build on PTS, did someone test the possibility of stacking Partizan and Conqueror relics? Did they work together? Or did they count like the same type relics thus giving only one proc?

It worked, i was running both, no idea if that was intended tho

I just can't get it, again new relics and AGAIN we dont know which relic would be better.

I've read that tanks are still favoring previous relics over the existing WH and EWH. But oops, they can't buy it anymore. Although the difference is marginal (i believe it's so), it exists.

Please remember that the current build on PTS is not the final version, and there will be updates to what's here before Game Update 2.0 is deployed to the live servers © AmberGreen

Please, provide us with the exact patch notes, BW. At least a few days before the actual patch comes on live (the future ones). How many expertise will the current relics have? Any changes in stats etc, etc.

Edited by Taankjr

On PTS, every DPS/Healer in rateds was running a Partisan Relic of Serendipitous Assault and a Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault as they doubled procced.

Even with just one, they were significantly better than the stock EWH ones, as burst is king in PvP, and a 400+ burst of power is very much so a nice boost to your damage, even if you cant control that exact timing.

On PTS, every DPS/Healer in rateds was running a Partisan Relic of Serendipitous Assault and a Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault as they doubled procced.

Even with just one, they were significantly better than the stock EWH ones, as burst is king in PvP, and a 400+ burst of power is very much so a nice boost to your damage, even if you cant control that exact timing.

Good to know

It would be great if anyone could confirm it on the live servers. I bought EWH relics prior to 2.0 patch, but ~1200 ranked comms are quite a big ammount for me, dont want to waste them. Only 3 minutes left to sell them back :)

Also wondering. Seen some sorcs using two different types of healing ones (both conq).
Yeah i would like to know about the combinations too. Is it better to have two power proc relics than one for power and one for extra kinetic damage? Do they share some form of CD or can I get the power proc and extra kinetic damage at the same time? I havent used a proc relic in ages so I'm not sure how it works and I'm not going to buy two just to find out.

Is it better to have two power proc relics than one for power and one for extra kinetic damage?

I never used those damage on proc relics, it deals 269 damage with 30% chance every 4.5 seconds - isn't it useless comparing to EWH power relic?

I'm not going to buy two just to find out.

In fact you can buy, test it somewhere and then sell them back.