Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Always Underleveled

lordvoldy

It still could be rested XP though... if you play a lot you won't get the benefit from it.

Simply, if you burn you rested xp and go to normal xp then log off for a few hours and come back it won't be long before your rested xp gets used up again and you are back to normal xp. It happened to me on my first toon. I played so much that I didn't get much benefit from rested xp because I was always playing.

The equalizer for me was flashpoints. I ran through them many times for gear and xp.

I speed level now and can be at level doing the class quests and the planet quests with little or no side quests or bonus. XP boosts are my friends.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's incredibly odd. according to your playing habits description, OP, you should constantly be several levels above your class mission. the only thing I can think of is that a lot of times, you get 2 possible planets to go to - one of the appropriate level and the other - the planet you go to right after. but I think by lvl 40 it pretty much thins down to one planet at a time. so honestly, other then possible bug - I have no idea.

incidentally about subscriber questions? only subscribers can post on the forums, so anyone posting here has got to be one.

That's incredibly odd. according to your playing habits description, OP, you should constantly be several levels above your class mission. the only thing I can think of is that a lot of times, you get 2 possible planets to go to - one of the appropriate level and the other - the planet you go to right after. but I think by lvl 40 it pretty much thins down to one planet at a time. so honestly, other then possible bug - I have no idea.

incidentally about subscriber questions? only subscribers can post on the forums, so anyone posting here has got to be one.

Would the fact that I skipped the taris and nar shadda bonus series have anything to do with it? I am really stumped. :/

Would the fact that I skipped the taris and nar shadda bonus series have anything to do with it? I am really stumped. :/

On my latest char i did every class quest, bonus quest and side quest, including the heroic 2+'s which i solo'd but not that Heroic 4's. I did not do any warzones, space missions or flashpoints. I was so far ahead that once I finished Hoth I was able to immediately start the Hoth bonus series (translates to about 6 levels ahead). I can't see how missing 2 lots of bonus series (which are really only 5-6 quests each anyway) would translate to such a huge disparity. I have no idea how you are so far behind, as with everyone else this really stumps me. I would not suggest re-rolling. As others have said, I would do all the space dailies that are green or higher for you at the moment each day. They really do reward quite a lot of XP for the time invested and you should catch up pretty quickly.

EDIT: That said, you are probably in the unique position of actually being able to see Corellia and Voss properly, as everyone else usually hits 50 on Belsavis or shortly after and only does class story on Corellia :D

Edited by Darkscis

On my latest char i did every class quest, bonus quest and side quest, including the heroic 2+'s which i solo'd but not that Heroic 4's. I did not do any warzones, space missions or flashpoints. I was so far ahead that once I finished Hoth I was able to immediately start the Hoth bonus series (translates to about 6 levels ahead). I can't see how missing 2 lots of bonus series (which are really only 5-6 quests each anyway) would translate to such a huge disparity. I have no idea how you are so far behind, as with everyone else this really stumps me. I would not suggest re-rolling, as others have said, I would suggest doing all the space dailies that are green or higher for you at the moment each day. They really do reward quite a lot of XP for the time invested and you should catch up pretty quickly.

I did all that except for doing the heroic 2+ like I said I skip all the heroics so just like you I am just completely confused to lol.

I tend to skip those myself. I dislike both planets. actually - I rarely go back for bonus series, even on my first character that I started at early access and didn't do any flashpoints on, I skipped most bonus series. and didn't even completely finish some of the planets (though that could be due to heroic quests, I did do those). I do occasional heroic , but I don't pvp on most characters. the one I did pvp on, managed to gain about a level (from 42 to 43) in 4 warzones. whenever I start running flashpoints and/or space missions just a few of those tends to overlevel me to the point where I just stick to class mission on whatever planet I'm over leveling at the time.

tldr version - missing couple of bonus series should not be putting you behind like that.

the way the game is set up, you can level to 50 without mindless mob grinding as a free to play character with all the penalties that come with that status. you'd have to do ALL the solo quests, including bonus series, but remember, they get 25% experience penalty AND no rested xp. so either you are missing something you are not telling us, or there's a bug that could be worth reporting.

other then that, to catch up - a few warzones, an occasional flashpoint should get you back on track.

I rarely do any bonus series, and haven't hit this problem. The one thing I haven't seen anyone mention, what's you Legacy level? Have you bought any of the permanent xp boosts through there yet? I load up on the Class mission and Exploration xp boosts, and combined with rested xp, my class missions plus the non-heroic planet missions keep me where I need to be.

That's definitely some of it, but still doesn't explain it all.

Taris bonus is roughly 1 1/2 levels and NS is around 1 level, but don't forget the amount is much lower at these levels, so added to what you have now, would probably be only 1 level more than you currently have.

I tend to skip those myself. I dislike both planets. actually - I rarely go back for bonus series, even on my first character that I started at early access and didn't do any flashpoints on, I skipped most bonus series. and didn't even completely finish some of the planets (though that could be due to heroic quests, I did do those). I do occasional heroic , but I don't pvp on most characters. the one I did pvp on, managed to gain about a level (from 42 to 43) in 4 warzones. whenever I start running flashpoints and/or space missions just a few of those tends to overlevel me to the point where I just stick to class mission on whatever planet I'm over leveling at the time.

tldr version - missing couple of bonus series should not be putting you behind like that.

the way the game is set up, you can level to 50 without mindless mob grinding as a free to play character with all the penalties that come with that status. you'd have to do ALL the solo quests, including bonus series, but remember, they get 25% experience penalty AND no rested xp. so either you are missing something you are not telling us, or there's a bug that could be worth reporting.

other then that, to catch up - a few warzones, an occasional flashpoint should get you back on track.

It must be a bug. I don't get what else it could be. Ugh, I have had this account when pre orders were available back before the games launch.

I rarely do any bonus series, and haven't hit this problem. The one thing I haven't seen anyone mention, what's you Legacy level? Have you bought any of the permanent xp boosts through there yet? I load up on the Class mission and Exploration xp boosts, and combined with rested xp, my class missions plus the non-heroic planet missions keep me where I need to be.

My legacy level is up there but I really shouldn't have to do that. Like others have said as long as I am doing my story side quests, and the bonus series I should be over leveled, at the least on the same level as my quests.

My legacy level is up there but I really shouldn't have to do that. Like others have said as long as I am doing my story side quests, and the bonus series I should be over leveled, at the least on the same level as my quests.

That's correct, in the example I posted I didn't buy a single legacy exp perk or use any exp boosts (aside from the single minor one I get for free from something....the $5 digital upgrade maybe?)

Not just you OP, they only give you half the XP you need to lvl up simply because they want players to stay in 1-49 as long as they can so players are forced to grind mobs all day long on the planets.And it's even worse for F2P players.

Well its obviously a very small crowd of people with this issue because everyone that has posted on this thread say there atleast 2 levels above everything.

Well its obviously a very small crowd of people with this issue because everyone that has posted on this thread say there atleast 2 levels above everything.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the single most likely answer is user error based on some kind of selective bias. In other words, you skip more than you think you do, but don't recall it that way.

I admit it's entirely possible you may be suffering from an unusual bug that has reduced your xp intake, but that seems far less probable than you just missing more bonus quests than you think.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the single most likely answer is user error based on some kind of selective bias. In other words, you skip more than you think you do, but don't recall it that way.

I admit it's entirely possible you may be suffering from an unusual bug that has reduced your xp intake, but that seems far less probable than you just missing more bonus quests than you think.

Yeah, that is the first thing I thought about but the only thing I don't do is heroics. Unless there is some magical questing hub that I am missing on every planet.

Yeah, that is the first thing I thought about but the only thing I don't do is heroics. Unless there is some magical questing hub that I am missing on every planet.

Sure, but this is just a matter of mathematics. XP goes in, levels come out, at known rates. So either you're wrong, or you're bugged.

You might want to open a ticket to CS, and in the meantime, do WZs and FPs to catch up on the levels. The dailies for WZs and FPs are nice sources of extra XP, as are the matches and dungeons themselves.

If CS looks at your logs and sees a bug, they are unlikely to fix it retroactively, but they should be able to correct it going forward. If they don't see anything, then that increases the odds that you're simply in error (though it doesn't establish it conclusively, as EA's CS is not really anything to write home about) and you can consider trying to be more conscious about bonuses and the like.

Theres 3 planets that the bonus series come later than the actual planet.

Nar shadda(20-24) the bonus series is 31-32

Alderaan((28-32) the bonus series is 41-42

Hoth(37-41) the bonus series is 47-48

You can pick up the nar shaddaa bonus series at level 28 in the spaceport.

The alderaan bonus series at level 40 from either house taral or organa, depending on your faction.

The hoth bonus series at level 45 from the home base on hoth.

By picking up these bonus series as soon as they become available, you maximize the xp you will get from them. Also, being under leveled may make the game a bit more challenging, but as long as you are properly geared and you're using your best companion that compliments your advanced class, then you should still be able to accomplish the quests.

If you're a sub, there must be something you are skipping.

I dont do any pvp or space, and only 1 or 2 flashpoints, and am always over par.

I even skip the flashpoints and I'm still above level.

Now that I think of it, there are some flashpoints I have never done or done once. :eek:

The next time you do a class mission, record the xp you get. Then google the mission to make sure you get the right amount. I have a lvl 26 BH and skipped all heroics and space missions. I have done maybe five FPs on that toon. I skipped most of nar shardaa because I was four levels over the missions. Have moved on to tat and am now on level.

tbh, if you make sure your gear and your companions gear is up to par for your lvl, then those 2 levels shouldn't make a difference, you'll be able to finish your class quest.

Did you complete Quesh? Many people just do the class quest and elave that planet for what it is. If you are on Hoth, I suggest exploring the planet, there are some hubs that have some more quests, plus, exploring gives good xp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.