[AMAZING Video] A Look at the World of SWTOR

Cilas

Unfortunately, one of the biggest flaws in the game is there is no "world" of SWTOR and the different worlds are far too disconnected (really no one will ever be able to justify anything as clunky as orbiting space stations).

Lol man I can't stop laughing. I can't believe different worlds spanning across a galaxy are disconnected form each other? Come on, did you expect to walk from Tatoonie to Hoth?

I never got an "amazing" vibe from checking out the areas in SWTOR. Amazing would fit better with exploration in some of the old school mmos made over a decade ago than SWTOR. Never mind some of the prettier modern games. To each their own though. Edited by DarthLeeloo

Never meant to say exploration was a big part, I know it isn't. Nonetheless, it is completely overlooked by most and there are things worth seeing

Yea... but I was not saying what you were saying... but what it should be. Also I believe the devs talked about exploration which would indicate it is something that they actually dedicated some thought to. Kind of boggles the mind that they actually think that swtor has 'exploration' in it.

And since it does not, then having nice atmospheres is really dependent on what is obvious. And what is obvious is as I mentioned does not make the wold look like a peice of art. I have never really seen an area in swtor and think this is beautiful and amazing.

The only thing I actually think is cool in the game is the night sky in illum. Everything else really borders on average for landscape/horizon. However, archaeological structures of the sith makes the art seem nicer for sure.

Edited by VegaPhone

I never got an "amazing" vibe from checking out the areas in SWTOR. Amazing would fit better with exploration in some of the old school mmos made over a decade ago than SWTOR. Never mind some of the prettier modern games. To each their own though.

I would agree that some other MMOs have a more amazing aspect to exploration. Amazing was meant in the context of this game's exploration. Plus, I may be bias :)

Yea... but I was not saying what you were saying... but what it should be. Also I believe the devs talked about exploration which would indicate it is something that they actually dedicated some thought to. Kind of boggles the mind that they actually think that swtor has 'exploration' in it.

And since it does not, then having nice atmospheres is really dependent on what is obvious. And what is obvious is as I mentioned does not make the wold look like a peice of art. I have never really seen an area in swtor and think this is beautiful and amazing.

The only thing I actually think is cool in the game is the night sky in illum. Everything else really borders on average for landscape/horizon. However, archaeological structures of the sith makes the art seem nicer for sure.

Night sky in ilum is gorgeous for sure

great Video thank you :)

however i would like to point some thinks out, it seems you play more in the empire side because i would really like to see besides the awesome sky of Dromund Kass the great view in Corucsant, you can also make a deeper look in Belsavis cause that planet has a lot of great views all around.

but over all well done!

I never got an "amazing" vibe from checking out the areas in SWTOR. Amazing would fit better with exploration in some of the old school mmos made over a decade ago than SWTOR. Never mind some of the prettier modern games. To each their own though.

Hoth by far is my favorite planet. I still get a sense of awe when I pay attention to the scenery. I just wish that we could explore all of the mountains and other places that we see in the distances.

great Video thank you :)

however i would like to point some thinks out, it seems you play more in the empire side because i would really like to see besides the awesome sky of Dromund Kass the great view in Corucsant, you can also make a deeper look in Belsavis cause that planet has a lot of great views all around.

but over all well done!

You are correct, definitely an imperial player. In another video I'll include some republic footage :)

Nice video it will be nice if you keep it coming.

I missed seeing the city planets there though. It would be nice a video about it since naar shaadda and correlia are awesome in my opinion.

Also Few people like Taris, allthough i think the planet is just great and the whole feeling of it, a city ruin planet is a great concept.

Nice video it will be nice if you keep it coming.

I missed seeing the city planets there though. It would be nice a video about it since naar shaadda and correlia are awesome in my opinion.

Also Few people like Taris, allthough i think the planet is just great and the whole feeling of it, a city ruin planet is a great concept.

Next video will include mostly cities, buildings, skylines, etc.

This one was purposefully just nature/landscape.

Glad you liked it!

Glorious montage.

Altho, I think your system can't afford Shadow on high. :eek: Also, mouse/camera smoothing would go a long way, and less water fall & less close-up footage on certain textures. :jawa_biggrin:

Was this done with Vsync on?

Good input for the next one! Thanks. My shadow wasn't really the problem, mouse/camera smoothing is and that's on me. I'll just have to spend more time perfecting the shots :) It was kind of a pain because I had to clear out the mobs around each shot dragging them out of the picture before i killed em.

Vsync was off. I honestly never even noticed that, should it be on? lol..

I liked the video, thank you. As I watched it though, there were areas I could think of which I personally think would have been better. Some of my favorite areas are actually the outdoor areas of OPs, such as Karraga's Palace and Denova

concur, that'll be in the next video for sure. either operations or city-scapes

Lol no. Just clicked on your name to see how many you had started. Seems you have quite the habit of driving people to your youtubes.

I enjoy making vids and sharing them with the community. You'd be surprised how many whispers and private messages I get from folks thanking me for what I do. If you aren't one of them, move along.