The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

help me understand "Energy Blast"...

rotfish

Seeing under the ability info it says "ignores the global cooldown". Im guessing im supposed to use energy blast after hammer shot or ion blast since it gives back 1 ammo? The dmg is kinda lack luster but i guess thats the price i pay for added survivability.

I just dont know when to use this skill since the dmg is kinda meh, can anyone clue me in on how this ability is supposed to help me tank/deal dmg? Thx.

Should be used every time it is up.

Costs no ammo (gives 1 ammo back as you say), and 'ignores global cooldown'. That is to say it doesn't 'use up' a Global cooldown when activated, it just instantly happens, freeing you up to use a different ability at the same time. Like Riposte, if you have a Guardian. Or Acid Blade if you have an Operative.

You can use it any time in the middle of any rotation (except during a channeled ability like Full Auto), gives an extra bit of damage and refunds 1 ammo. It's win win all the way.

Edited by ChrisRedmond

Keep in mind it also adds a stack of your Absorb buff.

I generally try to use it when I'm throwing things *other* than Ion Pulse to refresh that, so that's also one less Ion Pulse I need to actively throw in there to keep my stacks up. Try it around HIB, Stockstrike, or Sticky Grenade instead of at the same time as an Ion Pulse, if available.