Pre-order Color Crystal add. Thats some dirty misleading advertising.

Oddzball

Eh first off, who here thought the pre-order color crystal which said "Pre-order comes with a color crystal that allows you to change the color of your lightsaber or blaster" meant that you got a crystal that would let you pick a color for your lightsaber?

Yeah pretty much everyone.

Now, its a nice pre-order gift I suppose, but good god is it ugly. Does Bioware have a lot of Steelers fans or something?

Can I maybe get the same thing except without the yellow? Maybe a red or hell, any color but yellow?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh first off, who here thought the pre-order color crystal which said "Pre-order comes with a color crystal that allows you to change the color of your lightsaber or blaster" meant that you got a crystal that would let you pick a color for your lightsaber?

Now, its a nice pre-order gift I suppose, but good god is it ugly. Does Bioware have a lot of Steelers fans or something?

Can I maybe get the same thing except without the yellow? Maybe a red or hell, any color but yellow?

No, not "pretty much everyone". I didn't.

Don't assume and you won't have that problem.

No no no. EGA wasnt misleading. it honestly said UP to 5 days. I dont care about that. Thats over and done.

That pre-order crystal though. Even ALL the news sites reported it as "Being able to change color" not as "You get a new color" but you get to pick you lightsaber color.

Nobody saw that horrible monstrosity of a black and yellow wiffle bat coming.

No, not "pretty much everyone". I didn't.

Don't assume and you won't have that problem.

I wouldn't except odds are your just disagreeing with my to be argumentative.

You know darn well EVERYONE thought that meant you could pick your own lightsaber color.

Even the NEWS sites thought that's what it meant.

I actually like it in a saber.

But as far as the OP....I believe one of the very first things they mentioned after announcing the pre-order, was the color for the crystal. Way back in July.

It's been well known for quite some time what the color was going to be.

I'm not saying they shouldn't mention it on the box as well. But it has been known, all it took was a little research.

But as far as the OP....I believe one of the very first things they mentioned after announcing the pre-order, was the color for the crystal. Way back in July.

I'm not saying they shouldn't mention it on the box as well. But it has been known, all it took was a little research.

Did they?

I stayed far away from the forums as possible before launch. Didnt want to ruin the game by reading everything about it before i got to play.

If they did I apologize, but still, that thing still is god awful ugly.

Ahhhhhh no. I didn't even remotely think you could just pick any color of the rainbow. Honestly, that never crossed my mind

um no not everyone. I can understand how you could think that though as it was poorly worded. On the bightside you will not use it long anway just a few lvls

Did they?

I stayed far away from the forums as possible before launch. Didnt want to ruin the game by reading everything about it before i got to play.

If they did I apologize, but still, that thing still is god awful ugly.

Indeed.

We all instantly asked: "Does that mean we can change it to any color??" obviously.

They came out and said no, it was black w/ a gold glow.

It changed the color didn't it?

It's only misleading because your mind convinced you that you were getting more than the wording indicated.

It will be sitting in your bank by level 16-18 anyway.

Edited by Thradar