Gunslinger and healing

Glasscutter

Do they get heals or are they stuck just using cover to survive?

not really but, you can get a skill from one of the skill tree's that allows coolhands to restore some HP's. If your going Gun-Slinger I would recommend Bio-Chem so you can heal your self with Reusable Med-pac's and you make good use out of Stimulants and Adrenals.

Galaxy's suggestion sounds good. Too bad I didn't know then what I know now! Anyway, I visited the test server and if I remember correctly, there will be some healing for one of the cover abilities. Very nice!

One of the skills gives you a small healing boost when you use Cool Head to recover energy. Otherwise it's medpac time.

May want to check the skill calculator at torhead. Hold on...

Ah, here:

Under Saboteur tree, 2nd row is a "Cool Under Pressure" ability. Two tiers. First heals you for 3% of max health over 3 seconds. 2nd increases that to 6% over 3 seconds. So if you have ranged-only opponents you could hide in cover and keep hitting cool head to heal yourself, plus medpacs as they cooldown.

Edited by Sinapus

From the most recent test server patch notes:

• Cool Under Pressure has been redesigned. This ability now heals for 0.5% of maximum health per point every 3 seconds while in cover.

• Cool Under Pressure and Saboteur's Utility Belt have swapped positions in the skill tree.

• Press the Advantage now reduces the cooldown of Sabotage by 7.5 seconds per point. Additionally, activating Sabotage now immediately heals the player for 2.5% of max health per point.