Anyone else notice it went from 1.7 to 2?

Wudlees

software doesnt follow the same number system that you do in normal life.

1.0 Welcome

1.1 Rise of Rakghouls

1.2 Legacy

1.3 Allies

1.4 Terror From Beyond

1.5 HK-51 Activated

1.6 Ancient Hypergate

1.7 Return of the Gree

2.0 Scum and Villainy

Think of 1.0-1.7 being different scenes in the first act of a play and 2.0 being a new act in a play with new scenes to come

Edited by Skodan

Maybe I'd be OK with it if they actually added more story content and less operations. I'm sick of grinding you know? And what I mean by it going from 1.7 to 2 is that it sort of signifies Bioware being lazy. Then again, that's nothing new.

4 days left on my subscription, I've been here since launch and I'm not renewing.

Maybe I'd be OK with it if they actually added more story content and less operations. I'm sick of grinding you know? And what I mean by it going from 1.7 to 2 is that it sort of signifies Bioware being lazy. Then again, that's nothing new.

4 days left on my subscription, I've been here since launch and I'm not renewing.

2.0 has more story content, but they aren't testing that stuff in the open test server, only the closed test server

There have been SEVEN major patches in less than a year, each adding new content. Other games in the genre don't even have close to this. The big one everyone talks about for example, went from patch 2.4 to 3.0, 3.3 to 4.0 and 4.3 to 5.0 with a grand total of 3 patches between each version number.

And as someone said above patch 2.0 looks like it's going to be the ROTC pack that adds a whole new planet full of story content, which is exactly what you're asking for.

Edited by Niaymh

You do know that 2.0 adds Makeb? BW have just kept it off the PTS, probably to cut down on spoilers. It will have story, only 2 lines rather than 8 but it will have it.

Ok I cannot begin to describe my aggravation with the more operations and repeatable missions instead of story. But that aside, we just went from 1.7 to 2.0! Has no one else noticed this?

this is very old hat for the gaming industry, 2.0 is on the pts yes, but maintenance in the next few weeks will have the repair fix among other things, that will be 1.7.a(or b/c/d) and so forth, then expect to see a cartel market update along with CE vendor update 1.8, then expect to see another reputation or two added 1.9, then a bunch of other fixes.

1.9.a

1.9.b and so on

then 2.0 will come out.

All the above is an example, this is common ground practice for most MMO's, if this is your first, it is better to sit back and watch how the versions roll out, if this is not your first, i am kinda dumbfounded.

Edited by gamorrean

Ok I cannot begin to describe my aggravation with the more operations and repeatable missions instead of story. But that aside, we just went from 1.7 to 2.0! Has no one else noticed this?

Normal ways patches and updates work when you see 1.9 know 2.0 is very soon

and 1.9 could go as high as C or D then 2.0 ..Ive seen them go right to 2.0 etc from 1.8 In some games

or 1. some thing and skip a whole Number ..

Edited by tanktest

Just because it's in the test server, doesn't mean it's coming out within a few weeks. They still might add 1.8 and 1.9. It could be in the test server for months.

Edited by Individual

Normal ways patches and updates work when you see 1.9 know 2.0 is very soon

and 1.9 could go as high as C or D then 2.0 ..Ive seen them go right to 2.0 etc from 1.8 In some games

or 1. some thing and skip a whole Number ..

That is incorrect.

1.9 could easily be followed by 1.10 and 1.11.

Not that they would, but they could theoretically go all the way to 1. before hitting 2.0

Hopefully people will start to realize their paying for this game and stop making excuses for the company:rolleyes:
Hopefully people who don't enjoy the game will stop paying for it and move onto something else that entertains them instead of constantly crying about it.