Hybrid DPS still viable 2.0?

Darth_Nihilis

With the correct hybrid spec your lightning strikes should be hitting for around 5k on crit even without proc. That and with full powered chain lightnings, lightning barrage and deathfeild you will be putting out a lot of damage.

I still prefer the full lightning spec for its more controlled burst, but I also perfer full lightning even now without 2.0

You are right though it is a little early to annouce if something is OP or not. Still it disgusts me that once again our best option may be hybrid dps again.

With the correct hybrid spec your lightning strikes should be hitting for around 5k on crit even without proc. That and with full powered chain lightnings, lightning barrage and deathfeild you will be putting out a lot of damage.

I still prefer the full lightning spec for its more controlled burst, but I also perfer full lightning even now without 2.0

You are right though it is a little early to annouce if something is OP or not. Still it disgusts me that once again our best option may be hybrid dps again.

Madness upper tree seems to show very nice effects for pvp.

The hybrid is the more damage loaded, and turret cast spec struggle more in the fast moving pvp (LoS, interrupt etc).

Polarity shifts lower cd and longer duration will imo improve lightning, but as far as pve is concerned all numbers reported for hybrid, madness and lightning are all very close. Most dps spec report around 2,5k-2,6k. Only PT hybrid is significantly higher (3k) and will most likely be nerfed (most likely link the AP tree to its correct cylinder charge)