PVPing on a PVE Server

SOULCASTER

People that whine about lowbie pvp make me lol. People that whine about solo queue also make me lol.

If you want to make friends, to queue with, insulting the entire server is not the way. Many lowbie players are probably just playing pvp for a quick participation daily. Some may even hate pvp and only do lowbie for the easy xp.

That is the circle of PUG pvp, win some, lose some. Sometimes you get awful players that aren't interested in even trying, and sometimes you get great players. Roll with it. You can't control what they do and complaining about it is just wasted energy.

If nothing else, taking a few beat downs from those guys makes our team understand group composition, strategy, counter strategy, amongst many other things.

I think you're missing the point.

The state of PvP in this game is solely based on class stacking, and nothing else (despite ID and Physics delusions of grandeur being the most skilled PvP guild in a PvE game). Currently PvP consists of roflSmash/Sweep and lolStunBubbleWars.

And if you have even bothered testing the new changes to the classes (outside of the broken bolster bug), you'd also know the new flavor of the month will be snipers/gunslingers and these PvP guilds will continue to class stack so they can claim to be "elite".

PvP in this game was as close to balanced as it was going to get around 1.2... however even then, it was severely broken.

The developers are completely clueless at this point when it comes to PvP, so let's just be happy we have gotten an amazing new operation with 7 fantastic encounters (many of which so far are extremely fun and original), and a brand new planet to level to 55 (which from what I hear is still filled with bugs so 2.0 might be a while).

Regards,

KK

I didn't miss the point. That was in response to someone asking them to bring no more than 4 to a ranked match. What's the point of that for them? They, like everyone that competitively pvp's, are out to win.

Regardless of how they do it (with the exception of hacking or 'sploiting) we shouldn't ask them to cater to lesser teams in this fashion. The burden of the responsibility of improving to take them falls to everyone BUT them. That's my point.

There is much to learn from a butt kicking. That's all I was saying.

I think you're missing the point.

The state of PvP in this game is solely based on class stacking, and nothing else (despite ID and Physics delusions of grandeur being the most skilled PvP guild in a PvE game). Currently PvP consists of roflSmash/Sweep and lolStunBubbleWars.

And if you have even bothered testing the new changes to the classes (outside of the broken bolster bug), you'd also know the new flavor of the month will be snipers/gunslingers and these PvP guilds will continue to class stack so they can claim to be "elite".

PvP in this game was as close to balanced as it was going to get around 1.2... however even then, it was severely broken.

The developers are completely clueless at this point when it comes to PvP, so let's just be happy we have gotten an amazing new operation with 7 fantastic encounters (many of which so far are extremely fun and original), and a brand new planet to level to 55 (which from what I hear is still filled with bugs so 2.0 might be a while).

Regards,

KK

I think the new fotm is anything that can equip a shield tanks/hybrids, are going to be pain like the tank/healer combo or the 2 assassins switching guards on eachother. If anything its the shield thing that makes me cringe. Snipers/Slinger pretty much just got a bunch of defensive moves and MM/SS will never run out of energy. The only spec that worries me and may have gone over the top is Leth/DF to many quality of life changes and the free Finisher seems over the top. Los is still a killer for snipers/slingers, but ya they got an unwarranted buff when they preformed just fine. To me it felt like it was the only real "Balanced" AC in the game for for all 3 specs ........not so much with 2.0.

I think the new fotm is anything that can equip a shield tanks/hybrids, are going to be pain like the tank/healer combo or the 2 assassins switching guards on eachother. If anything its the shield thing that makes me cringe. Snipers/Slinger pretty much just got a bunch of defensive moves and MM/SS will never run out of energy. The only spec that worries me and may have gone over the top is Leth/DF to many quality of life changes and the free Finisher seems over the top. Los is still a killer for snipers/slingers, but ya they got an unwarranted buff when they preformed just fine. To me it felt like it was the only real "Balanced" AC in the game for for all 3 specs ........not so much with 2.0.

You're leaving out the one HUGE buff that Snipers/Gunslingers got. They used to have zero mobility, and now they can roll all over the place once they burn all their snares and knock backs. They will be the new FOTM.

The skill cap for Snipers/Gunslingers just went through the roof with the buff they got (one that was not needed at all).

Smash/Sweep did not get the appropriate nerf it needed. Stun bubble did get the appropriate nerf, however Sage/Sorcerers as a whole were hit way to hard with the PvP nerf bat with the removal of the knockback root from an accessible part of TK tree, balance lost instant cast force lift, and I could go on and on.

There is zero reason to have a Sage/Sorcerer in rated PvP in 2.0. They still lack the burst necessary, and have lost all ability to kite effectively. And that's not even mentioning there is no longer a viable PvP healing spec for Sage/Sorcerers.

But they got a 10 second invulnerability but cannot actually do anything during those 10 seconds... so I guess that makes it all okay.

Regards,

KK

There are no well informed opinions on 2.0. Anyone claiming to know how 2.0 will play out is just plain wrong. The scope of the changes renders anything a mere best guess. I'm pleased by what I see (even the shield change), but I still can't grasp how changing everything about the statistical portion of the game will play out in reality. As far as I can tell pvp is becoming a ton more responsive and more skill based as opposed to class stack + skill based.

Aside from that I'm pretty certain we shouldn't be taking the state of the game from someone who can't break 650hps in rated with bubble stun.

There are no well informed opinions on 2.0. Anyone claiming to know how 2.0 will play out is just plain wrong. The scope of the changes renders anything a mere best guess. I'm pleased by what I see (even the shield change), but I still can't grasp how changing everything about the statistical portion of the game will play out in reality. As far as I can tell pvp is becoming a ton more responsive and more skill based as opposed to class stack + skill based.

Aside from that I'm pretty certain we shouldn't be taking the state of the game from someone who can't break 650hps in rated with bubble stun.

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten that the bolster bug exists everywhere, including the open world, and in duels.

I also forgot that hps and dps is the sole indicator of ability in warzones and anyone who can't perform at a certain amount has their opinions rendered null and void.

Silly me.

Regards,

KK

You're leaving out the one HUGE buff that Snipers/Gunslingers got. They used to have zero mobility, and now they can roll all over the place once they burn all their snares and knock backs. They will be the new FOTM.

The skill cap for Snipers/Gunslingers just went through the roof with the buff they got (one that was not needed at all).

Smash/Sweep did not get the appropriate nerf it needed. Stun bubble did get the appropriate nerf, however Sage/Sorcerers as a whole were hit way to hard with the PvP nerf bat with the removal of the knockback root from an accessible part of TK tree, balance lost instant cast force lift, and I could go on and on.

There is zero reason to have a Sage/Sorcerer in rated PvP in 2.0. They still lack the burst necessary, and have lost all ability to kite effectively. And that's not even mentioning there is no longer a viable PvP healing spec for Sage/Sorcerers.

But they got a 10 second invulnerability but cannot actually do anything during those 10 seconds... so I guess that makes it all okay.

Regards,

KK

Death field certainly doesn't hit 5 targets now. Madness doesn't come with extra damage to it's DoTs nor does force lightning and lightning strike have a chance to do extra damage. There's also no extra movement speed for madness sorcerers while polarity shift is active and they don't get to take up to 30% less damage while stunned. Nor does that spec have a chance to gain increased alacrity which is far more important now.

As for lightning, well, guess chain lightning can't be specced for a root then a 12 second snare at 50% reduced movement speed. No chance for crushing darkness to tick twice as fast and thunder blast also doesn't get a chance to to grant a free insta chain lightning nor a chance to do extra damage. Guess lightning also doesn't get a reduced CD on force speed and force slow.

Also, I guess healers are supposed to have higher survivability than a tank. Shield generators may be able to shield far more attacks now making tanks far more viable for PVP, but hey, healers should have such high survivability that tanks aren't needed.

Nobody queues against us anymore. We'll be reforming our ranked team for the pts once all the exploits are fixed.

Well... You guys are so good. It's hard to beat your team even when they don't exploit and use game bugs.

You might have a hard time dealing with those changes.

<3

Edited by Arpeggi
Misspell

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten that the bolster bug exists everywhere, including the open world, and in duels.

I also forgot that hps and dps is the sole indicator of ability in warzones and anyone who can't perform at a certain amount has their opinions rendered null and void.

Silly me.

Regards,

KK

Do you even play this game? Seriously though? You've probably played one warzone in the last year and you come and give your opinions about class balance and rateds. Silly man

Regards,

/douchey sign off

Well... You guys are so good. It's hard to beat your team even when they don't exploit and use game bugs.

You might have a hard time dealing with those changes.

<3

Hard to lose to a team that consistently brings subpar players to lead players who can't win duels to save their life and who whine when tactics their own players have used are used against them.

Do you even play this game? Seriously though? You've probably played one warzone in the last year and you come and give your opinions about class balance and rateds. Silly man

Regards,

/douchey sign off

Nope. I don't play this game at all. I just like making people like you angry IRL.

Regards,

KK

• 2 weeks later...

Biggest problem with PvP here is the lack of LB or team ques. Its all random unless you get a guild group of 8 running strong. Different options would be nice, like queing for a certain match, not random. Or huttball League that restarts every week. (excluding huttball for the rest of this) Theres no goal except conquest. If a team starts losing you see them all pile up on home point for medals.

BW is not a pvp strong company, sadly. They could have implemented class LBs for servers that show who top n rising pvp'ers are for what class. Group people that have similiar valor rank instead of some of us who are near 100 having to run with or against low valors. Possibly team ques of 3v3 - 4v4. Even Deathmatch. Maybe even another conquest map but with objectives, like turning on turrets for support, or accessing a distress becon for npc reenforcements.

Right now its just conquest mode where low pvpers get pitted against guilds like WOOK and it ruins the gameplay. I personally love a challenge, but when i see opponents with known guild tags, i expect my pug team to have a few qq's. Because of that, you're more than likely to have a bad exp. pvping unless you are carefree or in a good guild with ts3/vent/mumble/skype.