2.0 is up on PTS

JP_Legatus

I'll be there checking out the new trees and seeing what I'm going to spec into for the new expansion...

Oh and by the way there seems to be no nerf to smash, it actually looks like more of a very slight buff (only 3 stacks needed instead of 4 while the damage and tree remains the same), and they buffed bubble stun as well (via reduced cooldown-debuff). So unless I'm mistaken it looks like smash and bubble is still going to be rampant.

Lulz

I didn't bother looking at the other trees but if anyone wants to **** around with me I'll be on PTS messing with the new stuff until I get bored and go back to WoW, drop me a message

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/20/swtor-patch-2-0-patch-notespts/

EDIT: Oh and the new gear looks *********** retarded as usual, better hold on to your old gear shells. I especially enjoy the new moth-head inquisitor helmet. There is one huge *** sniper rifle that some people (myself) might enjoy purely because it looks like a giant *********** cannon :)

Edited by JP_Legatus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there checking out the new trees and seeing what I'm going to spec into for the new expansion...

Oh and by the way there seems to be no nerf to smash, it actually looks like more of a very slight buff (only 3 stacks needed instead of 4 while the damage and tree remains the same), and they buffed bubble stun as well (via reduced cooldown-debuff). So unless I'm mistaken it looks like smash and bubble is still going to be rampant.

Lulz

I didn't bother looking at the other trees but if anyone wants to **** around with me I'll be on PTS messing with the new stuff until I get bored and go back to WoW, drop me a message

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/20/swtor-patch-2-0-patch-notespts/

EDIT: Oh and the new gear looks *********** retarded as usual, better hold on to your old gear shells. I especially enjoy the new moth-head inquisitor helmet. There is one huge *** sniper rifle that some people (myself) might enjoy purely because it looks like a giant *********** cannon :)

You're mistaken. Smash has been changed and so has bubbless :)

Ah, they made bubblestun only affect the caster now. I was mistaken there, smash still derp though. What changes do you see to smash? The stacks only go up to 3 but the shockwave buff does 33.3% per stack now, so it's mostly a buff. I may main on my marauder now, but I haven't seen the trees yet and they made shields reduce force damage, so my sin may rock tank gear now.

Well, there's a LOT of new changes so I'm going to have to mess around to see how things work out because right now there's too much to determine what will be OP, the trees all go up to 36 points now and it doesn't look like all the abilities mentioned in the notes equal the quantity of new talents in the trees.

You should give it at least a quick look on the PTS first meo :(

Edited by JP_Legatus

Assassins get Phasewalk and I get some crappy ten second doom-delayer? Yay, I can survive a fire trap.

Screw it, I'm moving to another server to RP.

I haven't gone to check it out yet, but I heard Phasewalk is only usable when stealthed? Is that true? If so it sounds a lot cooler than it is.

But anyway, time to finish leveling my marauder.

Assassins get Phasewalk and I get some crappy ten second doom-delayer? Yay, I can survive a fire trap.

Screw it, I'm moving to another server to RP.

Yeah it's pretty awesome. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds like Sage/Sorcs have an awesome new ability where they get to stare at the person who is about to kill them for 10 seconds, while that person spams basic attacks to build resources and waits for their big hitters to come off CD.

They should rename it "waiting".

Yeah it's pretty awesome. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds like Sage/Sorcs have an awesome new ability where they get to stare at the person who is about to kill them for 10 seconds, while that person spams basic attacks to build resources and waits for their big hitters to come off CD.

for all those times that pugs leave the healer guarding the node, it could prevent a cap for a few more seconds ... ... just sayin

buys time for your team not to respond to your call and the node to get capped anyways, so bleh!

for all those times that pugs leave the healer guarding the node, it could prevent a cap for a few more seconds ... ... just sayin

buys time for your team not to respond to your call and the node to get capped anyways, so bleh!

Yeah I thought of that, would be a lot like a stealth sap, but you know, without the stealth, and with a CD, and without actually sapping someone. I'm not saying it's totally useless, I'm just saying it's less useful than everything else, ever.

Except that you're now the only class besides marauder that can survive 8 dps and you can do it for much longer while getting healed the entire time.

Not as useful for 1v1 yes but great in team environment. It's not a bad skill stop whining about it :(

Edited by JP_Legatus

Great news fellow SWTORers I got three shotted on the PTS- ten thousand smash, five thousand six-hundred scream, six thousand vicious throw.... Rage isn't broken just buffed... Even more.

On another note Operatives got something similar to force speed.

Madness is buffed, and will be viable for PvP

Deception is pretty much gone in the wind.

The teleport thing isn't as op as people think it is going to be just helps you get out of rough situations .

Yeah!

Edited by PeteyLo

Great news fellow SWTORers I got three shotted on the PTS- ten thousand smash, five thousand six-hundred scream, six thousand vicious throw.... Rage isn't broken just buffed... Even more.

assassins can shock someone for 7k. Deception is buffed, as well as madness (excited out this one)

The teleport thing isn't as op as people think it is going to be just helps you get out of rough situations .

Yeah!

Yo insanus, you should hit me up

-

Theeopfotm

But I love your confetti !

I'm about to RP the **** out of being a party instigator.

You should give it at least a quick look on the PTS first meo :(

I guess...but these 13k smashes aren't tempting me one bit.

I haven't gone to check it out yet, but I heard Phasewalk is only usable when stealthed? Is that true? If so it sounds a lot cooler than it is.

I thought it said it doesn't break stealth. But I could have read that wrong. Lord knows I don't really pay attention to much in this game.

^ This. And does it even matter for off-node guarding? How am I supposed to hit them when I have to channel my Waiting ability?

"Hey guise I'm just gonna channel this but DON"T CAP OK?! GUISE?! STAHP!"

Madness is buffed, and will be viable for PvP

Deception is pretty much gone in the wind.

Yeah!

What's wrong with deception? Auto proccing mauls on low slash and spike off the regular maul cooldown seems pretty beast to me.

I'm about to RP the **** out of being a party instigator.

I guess...but these 13k smashes aren't tempting me one bit.

I thought it said it doesn't break stealth. But I could have read that wrong. Lord knows I don't really pay attention to much in this game.

^ This. And does it even matter for off-node guarding? How am I supposed to hit them when I have to channel my Waiting ability?

"Hey guise I'm just gonna channel this but DON"T CAP OK?! GUISE?! STAHP!"

Lol, but you basically get a 10s channeled undying rage. You realize the entire enemy team can focus you and do 0 damage for 10s while you get healed right? I don't see why people are complaining about this.

I've also been told the dps for sorcs got improved along with dps for a lot of other classes.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Looks like Snipers/GS are getting some nifty new toys. I'll be able to drop my uber giant turtle shell shield for everybody to use and not have to worry about losing it if I get out of cover. Also roll from cover to a new cover 18 meters away. That will be nice againsts mauraders. I can't wait to try it out.

Lol, but you basically get a 10s channeled undying rage. You realize the entire enemy team can focus you and do 0 damage for 10s while you get healed right?

Why would anyone continue to hit me while I channeled that? They would move on to someone else.

"Hey don't hit me, come back in ten seconds."

That's the point. So it takes 8 second to cap a node in alderaan and vs. So you are the only one left on that side. You channel that and right before they are done capping you break it and force wave them. Now that buys your time at least 8 more seconds

It sounds like a stun on yourself...

mmmm think about this

dual heal team.. marauders go 2 healer 1.... he hold./ kite you guys. hit his CD when he is really low healer 2 top him ... u guys swap to healer 2... back & fwd..

still believe is bad?

mmmm think about this

dual heal team.. marauders go 2 healer 1.... he hold./ kite you guys. hit his CD when he is really low healer 2 top him ... u guys swap to healer 2... back & fwd..

still believe is bad?

And by the way lainon got hit by 10k smash ... soooo yeap smash is still not nerfed. in the other hand i hit a 9k maul :D so i am guessing this is fun.