Sniper 2.0 PTS!

paowee

I read the patch notes to mean that after two stacks of (snipe?) you had a 20% CD reduction with 2 points in zeroing shots.

If It's actually 20% per point in the skill/per snipe used, up to 2 ... well then I'm OK with that.

At that point, it's just saying "no opening with a 1.5 second ambush, but it's pretty easy to get most of your ambushes at 1.5 sec after the fight starts".

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just looked at my parse compared to the 2800 parse and i now see a large difference, all of the 2800 parse's moves have roughly 500-600(OS was 900 and EP was 1100) higher average damage per hit, so i feel better about my parses lol

edit: fudged up my number differences

Edited by CJNJ

just looked at my parse compared to the 2800 parse and i now see a large difference, all of the 2800 parse's moves have roughly 100-200(some cases 700) higher average damage per hit, so i feel better about my parses lol

Where is the 2800 parse? :eek:

while it is nice doing a 2.9k parse on the dummy, this is a broken mechanic (covered escape keeping you in place). when this gets fixed, your scatter bombs will drop in a straight line forward and won't be clumped up in one area (thus hitting the boss multiple times). On the top of my head there are some bosses though with big enough hit circles that "could" work and catch all of your scatter bombs (when covered escape is fixed). Some examples are Bonethrasher and the walker on kephess. Maybe you can also go on Zorn in NiM EC and stand in melee range and have the boss tanked as close to the wall as possible lol. Maybe it could work for last boss of TFB in the 2nd phase but I don't know if Covered escape will roll you off the platform. If someone can give it a try that would be great (and funny).

On the dummy with Engi scatter bombs (and the broken Covered Escape):

http://www.torparse.com/a/150428/time/1362279157/1362279457/0/Overview

http://www.torparse.com/a/150317/time/1362272103/1362272403/0/Damage+Dealt

Just the normal rotation with snipes, sos, ip, plasma probe, ep, shatter shot and covered escape (in place):

http://www.torparse.com/a/150755/25/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited by paowee

okay, i just tried ss tonight and I hate it.

you're pretty much forced to trickshot every 3 seconds, it gets really annoying.

my opening rotation is: CB TS SS TS CB CB TS AS TS

really, 3 trickshots by the time I cast aimed shot once? this really sucked the fun out of this class.

Edited by adezero

okay, i just tried ss tonight and I hate it.

you're pretty much forced to trickshot every 3 seconds, it gets really annoying.

my opening rotation is: CB TS SS TS CB CB TS AS TS

really, 3 trickshots by the time I cast aimed shot once? this really sucked the fun out of this class.

my previous rotation before the change was: SoS - FT - AMBUSH - FT - SNIPE - SNIPE FT.

Initially i thought the change will disrupt this rotation and force me to do: SoS - FT - Snipe - Snipe - FT - Ambush - FT

but it didnt. If you begin the fight for example with OS - AMBUSH - FT, I found i was able to continue with SoS - FT - Snipe - Snipe - FT (which was the original rotation I used before the patch). Imo the change shouldnt affect us in pve at all.

Edited by paowee

while it is nice doing a 2.9k parse on the dummy, this is a broken mechanic (covered escape keeping you in place). when this gets fixed, your scatter bombs will drop in a straight line forward and won't be clumped up in one area (thus hitting the boss multiple times). On the top of my head there are some bosses though with big enough hit circles that "could" work and catch all of your scatter bombs (when covered escape is fixed). Some examples are Bonethrasher and the walker on kephess. Maybe you can also go on Zorn in NiM EC and stand in melee range and have the boss tanked as close to the wall as possible lol. Maybe it could work for last boss of TFB in the 2nd phase but I don't know if Covered escape will roll you off the platform. If someone can give it a try that would be great (and funny).

On the dummy with Engi scatter bombs (and the broken Covered Escape):

http://www.torparse.com/a/150428/time/1362279157/1362279457/0/Overview

http://www.torparse.com/a/150317/time/1362272103/1362272403/0/Damage+Dealt

You missed what I ment completely. My damage per hit on every move is significantly lower than both the previous 2800 one an your 2900 one. What does your gear look like to give you those numbers? Or are you attacking a different dummy then I am? I was using the lvl 55 operations one(with stun immunity) one on my ship, using a 5/36/5 spec, and every one of my moves parsed much lower than what you got. Even my parses the other night when I was raid buffed are still significantly lower, with a large Damage per Hit differential.

You missed what I ment completely. My damage per hit on every move is significantly lower than both the previous 2800 one an your 2900 one. What does your gear look like to give you those numbers? Or are you attacking a different dummy then I am? I was using the lvl 55 operations one(with stun immunity) one on my ship, using a 5/36/5 spec, and every one of my moves parsed much lower than what you got. Even my parses the other night when I was raid buffed are still significantly lower, with a large Damage per Hit differential.

Oh i got what you meant completely. Just pointing out that the 2800 / 2900 Engi parses popping around is due to the broken Covered Escape bug. >_<

Edited by paowee

paowee, I still wanna know what kind of gear you had for 2600+ parses, because i cant pull more then 2300 in any spec atm =(

What does your gear look like to give you those numbers? Or are you attacking a different dummy then I am? I was using the lvl 55 operations one(with stun immunity) one on my ship, using a 5/36/5 spec, and every one of my moves parsed much lower than what you got. Even my parses the other night when I was raid buffed are still significantly lower, with a large Damage per Hit differential.

I am running with all ACC/POWER and POWER/SURGE enhancements and all POWER mods. Same for implants and earpiece. I have no Crit mods/enhancements at all. When i can grab em i plan on swapping to power augments as well.

Edited by paowee

Oh i got what you meant completely. Just pointing out that the 2800 / 2900 Engi parses popping around is due to the broken Covered Escape bug. >_<

I understand that it's bugged lol, but even if it wasn't I'm still not hitting the numbers others have posted on here, and it's quite frustrating, even when you aren't running engi spec to full potential(Ambush is still awesome dps in the spec) yet still posting +600 dps higher.

Here my most recent parse http://www.torparse.com/a/150709

Granted i messed up at the beginning when I missed AP and hit EMP instead lol, but Maybe I'm just that unlucky with my crits but I'm still not hitting those numbers as seen earlier

I am running with all ACC/POWER and POWER/SURGE enhancements and all POWER mods. Same for implants and earpiece. I have no Crit mods/enhancements at all. When i can grab em i plan on swapping to power augments as well.

What about relics and adrenals and stim for when you ran these? My parse up there is in the gear you described but un augmented and well... Yeah

I understand that it's bugged lol, but even if it wasn't I'm still not hitting the numbers others have posted on here, and it's quite frustrating, even when you aren't running engi spec to full potential(Ambush is still awesome dps in the spec) yet still posting +600 dps higher.

Here my most recent parse http://www.torparse.com/a/150709

Granted i messed up at the beginning when I missed AP and hit EMP instead lol, but Maybe I'm just that unlucky with my crits but I'm still not hitting those numbers as seen earlier

What about relics and adrenals and stim for when you ran these? My parse up there is in the gear you described but un augmented and well... Yeah

I use Rakata stim, all companion/legacy buffs, rakata adrenal, DG relics

my previous rotation before the change was: SoS - FT - AMBUSH - FT - SNIPE - SNIPE FT.

Initially i thought the change will disrupt this rotation and force me to do: SoS - FT - Snipe - Snipe - FT - Ambush - FT

but it didnt. If you begin the fight for example with OS - AMBUSH - FT, I found i was able to continue with SoS - FT - Snipe - Snipe - FT (which was the original rotation I used before the patch). Imo the change shouldnt affect us in pve at all.

I've found the MM Rotation to be (OS - SS) Ambush - FT - Snipe - Snipe - FT- SoS - FT (SV - SoS - FT). I've also found the full Lethality rotation to be (OS - SS) CG - CD - WB - Cull - SoS - TD - Cull -CG - CD- WB - TD - Cull - SoS - TD - Cull. The thing about marksman is now FT can be activated instantly (Recoil Control in skill tree) with Ambush, SoS, or 2 Snipes. A note about the MM rotation is under 30% HP use TD whenever off CD and it doesn't bother anything, activates FT and next ability will too amazingly. Lethality rotation, now because of in the skill Lethal Takedown, is also much more OP cause whenever something is on CD you can use TD freely! We know this is the highest DPE ability already (even more than FT). EP seems to be next option after TD, then snipe.

On full MM rotation i got ~ 1800-1900 parsing and full Lethality got ~ 1900 - 2000 parses. I know this is pretty bad, lol, but i have like 30 FPS and no augments, not to mention crappy not min/maxed arkranian, also with 1 buff. With this stuff i believe DPS could go up by 200 - 300.

I have yet to test other specs but will soon. I can also post Torparse results soon.

I played around with Full Engi with bugged Covered Escape on the dummy and lol... 2951 DPS http://www.torparse.com/a/151560/time/1362265581/1362265881/0/Overview. The potential is there! And when Covered Escape finally gets fixed, I'm going to try play around with it in raids. The important thing is to get your 5 Scatter Bombs to hit at least 1 target. I can think of some bosses in S&V with big enough hit circles to allow for this :))

(arena boss, maybe cartel warlords) lol.

edit. Titan-6! The encounter gvies you a ton of adds to AoE with Scatter bombs and the boss is pretty huge as well!

Edited by paowee

<3 the new engineering tree. It got its survivability back with the self-heals and the addition of the electrified railgun DoT on snipe/overload shot.

It's still a complex rotation but you can stack up tons of different damage components, and the new EMP discharge is fantastic for both PVE and PVP. Resets AP, shield probe, entrench and covered escape :Q__

The Electrified railgun DoT only stacks to 3 instead of 4 now but you can keep it rolling with the odd snipe or overloan shot. Hard to do with all the other stuff you need to manage though.

WTB: UI option to only show MY debuffs on the target >:o

Agreed. For PVE you basically got to put all your dots up. on top of (finding a way to) get your all 5 of your CE scatter bombs to hit a target. The spec is amazingly complex to play and rewards the player for doing so!

PP , IP , CD, SS needs to be up. On top of not letting 3 stacks of Electrified Railgun to fall off. And EP on cooldown as well. Have not had this much fun with DoT tracking/awareness since playing around with Hybrid for the very first time.

How about: Scatter Bombs, you only travel 10m away when you use CE but leave 5 scatter bombs on your tail. LOL. Reduces the range of travel but it turns into a semi-offensive move. Can make those melees be afraid to run after you in pvp >_< With all 5 bombs on the dummy it hits from 8k - 10k for me.

Edited by paowee

Well you roll against a wall or something to make all the bombs fall at your feet. Being effectively invulnerable during that time is a great bonus as well, since it has the potential to eat a big hit or stun.

EMP is a huge PVP skill for engineering now. An extra shield probe, a modest self-heal and an extra entrench. Blimey.

Edited by Rigsta

Well you roll against a wall or something to make all the bombs fall at your feet. Being effectively invulnerable during that time a great bonus as well, since it has the potential to eat a big hit or stun.

EMP is a huge PVP skill for engineering now. An extra shield probe, a modest self-heal and an extra entrench. Blimey.

Yes but there are only so many bosses in current content that can be tanked against a wall >_<

Also there is a thread on the PTS: Legit DPS claims for each class for 2.0

for anyone interested http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606110. OP updated.

Edited by paowee

Yes but there are only so many bosses in current content that can be tanked against a wall >_<

I'm not disagreeing with you :p I see scatter bombs as a situational ability in PVE, and in PVP I often take cover next to a wall or pillar or something so I can see them being more useful there.

I actually really like calculated pursuit now, for the 6 seconds it lasts it makes overload shot free, so we can move allittle and, should the worst happen, spam overload 4 times instead of RS 4 times to get energy back

also: most unlucky legit engineering parse ever: http://www.torparse.com/a/151939/4/0/Damage+Dealt

OS gets a solid 11% crit and misses once, gotta love it!