Tax on Cartel Coin purchases???

ARIZONAMAN

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to blame your state for that, not BioWare.

They have no choice in the matter.

So what about the last 3 months of cartel purchases then ? BW now owes the govt a few billion in unpaid state taxes cause they wern't charging us ? cause they sure as hell aren't coming back to me for the money lol.

You need to blame your state for that, not BioWare.

They have no choice in the matter.

I agree. please thank your local and state/federal government for this...far too often companies get the heat for stuff like this while the government sits back and quietly nickles and dimes us into poverty using companies as a front. Blame Bio for the cost of cartel coins and the cost of items in the shop (I still think 1400+ is ludicrous for a BoE set of gear), but taxes are the sole responsibility of the government.

I agree. please thank your local and state/federal voters for this...far too often companies get the heat for stuff like this while the government you elected sits back and quietly nickles and dimes us into poverty using companies as a front. Blame Bio for the cost of cartel coins and the cost of items in the shop (I still think 1400+ is ludicrous for a BoE set of gear), but taxes are the sole responsibility of the voters.

Tried to fix that for ya.

Edited by DarthTHC

that's tax law thats set out by your government and not much bioware can do about it..

i doubt cartel coins count in your governments eyes as "necessary" and Bioware is required by law to charge sales tax on the purchase.

i pay 13% HST on all my purchases too because its law to pay taxes on purchases not set out as exempt from sales tax and those usually are food items and other "necessities" ..unfortunately video games pretty much never come under any exemption for sales taxes.

This must have just gone into effect (as in the past couple days). I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Government for considering my money theirs.

Welcome to the rest of your natural life.. :D

Ohh..

P.s they also will even tax your funeral when you die in a lot of places as well.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

oh please. If you can't afford to pay a $0.50 tax on your coin purchase, you shouldn't be buying the coins anyway, let alone paying to play this game.

$0.50??? Clearly the knowledge of taxes is NOT strong with this one. I know that tax rates are decided/levied by state and local governments, but this came as a surprise. Other game purchases I've made do not have taxes applied (like game cards purchased from stores) so I'm wondering if this is a law originating from where Bioware is based? Not sure how that works, but on my $39.99 purchase tax was $3.74 I believe.

that's tax law thats set out by your government and not much bioware can do about it..

i doubt cartel coins count in your governments eyes as "necessary" and Bioware is required by law to charge sales tax on the purchase.

i pay 13% HST on all my purchases too because its law to pay taxes on purchases not set out as exempt from sales tax and those usually are food items and other "necessities" ..unfortunately video games pretty much never come under any exemption for sales taxes.

This. Cartel Coins are a luxury expense. If you are going into poverty because of a tax on purchasing an imaginary currency in game with real life money... well you need to rethink your priorities.

$0.50??? Clearly the knowledge of taxes is NOT strong with this one. I know that tax rates are decided/levied by state and local governments, but this came as a surprise. Other game purchases I've made do not have taxes applied (like game cards purchased from stores) so I'm wondering if this is a law originating from where Bioware is based? Not sure how that works, but on my $39.99 purchase tax was $3.74 I believe.

I was giving an estimate based on 10% of the smallest amount of coins you can purchase ($4.99). The point still stands. If $3.74 is nickel and diming you into poverty, you shouldn't be playing this game.

Edited by Cmdluke

Based on that rate and the fact that your name is "Arizonaman" I would assume that you're in Phoenix.

That is the correct amount of sales tax for Phoenix.

http://phoenix.about.com/library/blsalestaxrates.htm

Edited by Rankyn

Tried to fix that for ya.

Those are actually good points :D. those who are slowly bleeding the money from hard working americans are the same people that "we" vote into office. but I think the current state of politics is probably far to detailed for this forum!

Though I can safely say that many of those I voted for are not in office atm, so im sort of in the "haha you get what you voted for " seat myself. but I digress...

...oh yeah...and death is the only real guarantee. Taxes are a not a guarantee, only a price you pay in a civilization, and only if you are being productive. It's a penalty for doing whats right (sadly), but one I pay gladly. when its working....

Based on that rate and the fact that your name is "Arizonaman" I would assume that you're in Phoenix.

That is the correct amount of sales tax for Phoenix.

http://phoenix.about.com/library/blsalestaxrates.htm

It's a better tax rate then we have..

my Gf bought herself coins for $39.99 and we paid after taxes $45.74 after 13% HST was tacked on.

it sucks but that's just the way it is, Video games are not seen as anything but a luxury and are taxable and yes OP the government does think your money is theirs and they take and will always take a piece of it.

Eh, ok this post has gone off topic. Original intent was to express surprise at the sudden application of sales tax to this purchase, as last week there was none.

And if someone thinks we shouldn't be annoyed by new taxes or tax hikes, then you're probably not paying taxes at all.

And if someone thinks we shouldn't be annoyed by new taxes or tax hikes, then you're probably not paying taxes at all.

or we just realise there isn't much you can do about it, taxes have to be paid , and just get on with our lives and not let a few dollars here and there get our knickers in a twist.

Billion? :eek:

I was rounding up :p but ****, if 100,000, 39.99 purchases were made at 10% (averaged) tax thats 399,000$ and I bet that upwards of that many purchases have been made by now as just about everyone I know in the game has purchased at least 1 pack and I would guess we still have more than 100k subs, so if they just started charging now, thats a **** ton of unpaid taxes that someone is on the hook for cause the govt always gets their money.