The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What new abilities would you like to see as a Powertech?

varoncodebot

*This is from a PVE standpoint, NOT PVP*

I'd like to see something that makes Thermal Detonator less suck-y. If they're gonna make us put 31+ points into the pyro tree, at least EITHER 1) reduce heat cost of TD, 2) add armor penetration to it or 3) make it ignite our gas cylinder on explosion.

From what I saw on that leaked data mined info they said something about an Electro net.

It sounds really interesting and imo has useful adaptations for both PvP and PvE. It causes a snare (dont know how much or for how long) that also works as a DoT, the damage increases by a percentage while opponent is moving. This is really cool for PvP, I am not a PvEer but, It could prove useful on a boss the tank is kiting, and if anything, it is another dot to synergise with burnout.

Other comments, I think that TD is primarily a burst ability for Pyros in PvP, I agree it is probably not so useful in PvE, but any change would make other classes yell for nerfs to Pyro by the PvP community of smash monkeys.

One of the data mined changes was lower heat and cgc dot on flame surge, which would put us up towards the top for aoe potential.

I'd like maybe something buffing unload(or another ability) to give it a bit more risk vs reward in ppa downtime.

Would like a bit more internal/ele DR for shield tech.

A second real cool down and maybe a proc to watch for would be nice for shield tech as well.

THREAT DROP

THREAT DROP

THREAT DROP

THREAT DROP

Threat drop for sure.

I'd also love to see them make Jet Charge a learned skill for all PTs and switch Grapple into the Shield Tech tree for tanks.

I certainly wouldn't turn charge down as pyro, but I don't think we really need it. We certainly aren't penalized like the other melee outside of range in pve, and I think we'd have nerfs coming if we got that for PvP.

Edited by OlosBC

Threat drop for sure.

I'd also love to see them make Jet Charge a learned skill for all PTs and switch Grapple into the Shield Tech tree for tanks.

Not so much Jet Charge but I wouldnt mind if ShoulderSlam became our "leap" cause it would make up for our lost range but more importantly like Jet Charge would it closes in the gap on bosses which so far only really Warriors/Knights (and some Sins/Shadows who force speed) can do. Plus ShoulderSlam just sits there and it does do a lot of damage i would to actually use it for once.

Still I agree whether pve or pvp i wouldnt entirely wanna "leap" as pyro tech (though it would help greatly) as I think advanced prototype would do better with a "leap"

Not so much Jet Charge but I wouldnt mind if ShoulderSlam became our "leap" cause it would make up for our lost range but more importantly like Jet Charge would it closes in the gap on bosses which so far only really Warriors/Knights (and some Sins/Shadows who force speed) can do. Plus ShoulderSlam just sits there and it does do a lot of damage i would to actually use it for once.

Still I agree whether pve or pvp i wouldnt entirely wanna "leap" as pyro tech (though it would help greatly) as I think advanced prototype would do better with a "leap"

I'm just interested in getting some kind of effective gap closer for PVE as a Pyrotech, don't honestly care specifically what it is. Drives me up the wall sometimes when every other melee we have in an op has either a leap or a sprint that they can use to close the gap when switching targets or when a boss moves to a new position while I get to plod along spamming rapid shots and hoping for a rail shot proc in order to maintain at least some DPS on the target.

I'm just interested in getting some kind of effective gap closer for PVE as a Pyrotech, don't honestly care specifically what it is. Drives me up the wall sometimes when every other melee we have in an op has either a leap or a sprint that they can use to close the gap when switching targets or when a boss moves to a new position while I get to plod along spamming rapid shots and hoping for a rail shot proc in order to maintain at least some DPS on the target.

I can't think of a single fight where I have to cast rapid shots more than twice in a row, outside of majorly screwing up positioning(phases where you can't leap anyway don't count) If you do it right you can overheat before predictable movement, or at least not be at 0 and be regenning with rapid.

We have the strongest base attack in the game due to CGC dot on rapid shots (well pyro merc is a bit better but mercs almost all play arsenal anyway), and simply spamming rapid does something like 1100 DPS in near-BiS gear, 1200-1300 if you add in explosive dart and rail shot. Dfa too if you are stuck at range not moving for whatever reason.

Also, every class has an ability or two like shoulder slam. I wouldn't expect any changes to that unless they do one for everyone.

Yeah while I dont like the gaps during some bosses I dont spam rapid shot because its useless after proccing your CGC if you are too far for FB to proc it. And i understand all classes have something like Sniper Headshot, Sorc Tumult, etc but it is an annoyance for me sometimes where i just have to spend a bit more time running to a target while my guildies jump to it. In pvp I appreciate grapple more but for pve a jet charge move i wouldnt mind

What i want is not so much gameplay related but from cool factor,immersion,animations pov.

I want the rocket that fires from your back-Fusion Missle,to be trainable in the Bounty Hunter skill set,not the advanced class skill set.

Basicaly i want more rockets for powertech.That shoulder rocket is a step in the right direction,still Fusion Missle,or something that has the same animation should trainable for all bounty hunters,not just one advanced class,imo.

It doesn't even have to be powerful or something,i just want an ability with the Fusion Missle animation-a rocket that fires from your back,for powertechs.

I am sure many share this view.

Edited by Kaedusz