The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are you burying us with useless garbage?

finelinebob

I understand that for the Cartel Packs, some items need to be "common" and some need to be "rare". Seriously, tho, in opening around 10 cartel packs I have been inundated with 15 auxiliary armor sets. Add this to the dozens of "loungewear" copies in all their forms, and 20% of my five cargo holds are filled with this crap.

If you, BioWare, are going to bury us in garbage, could you at least let us sell them to a vendor to recoup SOMETHING from these useless items? We are spending REAL WORLD MONEY to have the "honor" of having this refuse piled upon us -- the least you could do is let us sell this trash to a vendor and get the 3000 credits or so that the items are valued for.

I'm at the point now of having to delete items. BioWare, is that what you intend for us to do? Spend our hard-earned money on things to delete?

The high amount of auxilary boxes is pretty obvious: It's because the sets matching all those auxilary boxes have been around from other sets already, so there have to be enough boxes to match all those outfits already distributed.

Overall, they ARE all different, so it's actually great to have a collection of those things for customizing all your alts and their companions.

It's awful. If I never see another auxiliary armor set box or imp/pub banner it would be too soon. And oh god, the awful pets that no one wants. Make a new ram tauntaun variant and start putting that in these packs. Enough with these shapeless possum rat things. We are giving you guys money. Quit giving us garbage.

If I could turn around and sell the useless crap to a vendor, I really wouldn't care about getting it. Like I said, I understand why BW has to put crap into the packs. But taking the decision away from us -- I imagine someone at BioWare thought "We don't want people to accidentally sell a Cartel Market item, so let's make sure they can't sell anything with a Cartel Coin icon on it to a vendor" -- is treating us like children.

Really, BioWare, we're adults. Mostly. We can decide for ourselves what we want to vendor, what we want to trash, and what we want to keep.

If that's their logic, then just add a vendor that buys cartel equipment and lock it for all the others. I can see them not wanting to deal with 50+ support tickets (a day) asking for accidently sold cartel swag back, so 1 vendor that buys it should solve that problem.

edit - and make sure he sells only like, level 1 non magical items, and can't repair so no one ever goes there except to sell cartel market equipment.

Edited by calypsissmexy

• 1 month later...
I understand that for the Cartel Packs, some items need to be "common" and some need to be "rare". Seriously, tho, in opening around 10 cartel packs I have been inundated with 15 auxiliary armor sets. Add this to the dozens of "loungewear" copies in all their forms, and 20% of my five cargo holds are filled with this crap.

If you, BioWare, are going to bury us in garbage, could you at least let us sell them to a vendor to recoup SOMETHING from these useless items? We are spending REAL WORLD MONEY to have the "honor" of having this refuse piled upon us -- the least you could do is let us sell this trash to a vendor and get the 3000 credits or so that the items are valued for.

I'm at the point now of having to delete items. BioWare, is that what you intend for us to do? Spend our hard-earned money on things to delete?

I agree with what you are saying and it's more like a dubious honor of having all this garbage and **** fron the Cartel Market being dumped on us by Bioware or should that be EAware?

If I could turn around and sell the useless crap to a vendor, I really wouldn't care about getting it. Like I said, I understand why BW has to put crap into the packs. But taking the decision away from us -- I imagine someone at BioWare thought "We don't want people to accidentally sell a Cartel Market item, so let's make sure they can't sell anything with a Cartel Coin icon on it to a vendor" -- is treating us like children.

Really, BioWare, we're adults. Mostly. We can decide for ourselves what we want to vendor, what we want to trash, and what we want to keep.

there is already the option of buying back items from the vendors, so I would think the mistakes would be limited.