Jedi Sentinel Watchman - Spec, Abilities, Rotation

blazerSERVE

Hello people of SW:TOR Universe, I bring to you a chain series of videos that gives an overview on everything involving the Jedi Sentinel Watchman. I go over the Watchman Spec and every Sentinel Watchman ability (DOTS,Defensive Cooldowns, Utilities, etc.). I also go in depth into the Sentinel Watchman Rotation.

Essentially, I made these videos to help people understand the Sentinel Advanced Class better, for both beginners and seasoned players.

Jedi Sentinel Watchman Spec:

Abilities Part 1 (Focus Builder,DOTS,Power Moves):

Abilities Part 2 (Defensive Cooldowns/In-Combat Buffs):

Abilities Part 3 (Utility Skills):

Jedi Sentinel Watchman Rotation (An In-Depth Guide):

I plan on making guides of this nature for both the Combat and Focus Specs of the Jedi Sentinel Advanced Class, There coming in the near, near, near, naer, near, near Future. Thank you and stay tuned if you like the Guide!

Since we can respec for free and at any given time specs that are viable for both PvP and PvE aren't really advisable anymore (back when you actually uploaded the video it was "Ok"). Also, you should never ever skip Insight as a Watchman Sent, be it PvE or PvP.

The spec as a whole is more PvP oriented as you take Defensive Roll, which imo is a PvP talent, although you "can" take it for PvE if you're new to the class/spec and/or don't trust your healers and your own movement+positioning. Inflammation is obviously a pure PvP talent as well.

So, to break it down:

For PvE you're missing out on Insight, Swift Slash and Watchguard while having more ore less useless talents like Inflammation and Defensive Roll.

For PvP it's only Insight, so in that department it's quite good.

I wrote all of that assuming that everyone who's looking for advice on builds also knows that he/she should aim for being hitcapped through gear - at least for doing Ops. In PvP it's perfectly fine to be short a few %, give or take depending on your spec, so you should never be "forced" to spec into Steadfast as a PvP Watchman Sent.

Here are the spec/s I am using (PvE) and was using back before it got trolled (PvP):

PVE: Click

PvP: Click ~ You do have a lot of breathing room in PvP though - e.g. you "can" skip Defensive Roll for Master Focus or some people prefer Watchguard over Focused Leap.

Edited by jupezz

• 5 months later...