Tier Armor (Consular)

Brewnian

I am still fairly new to the game. I have a Trooper that hit 49 yesterday and and a Sage sitting at around 35. I got curious so I started looking up the tiered armor sets, and this forced me to create this thread.

After viewing Sage armor, I have to ask: Are you really stuck looking like that? Is it possible to pull out the mods, enhancements, armoring, etc and still retain the set bonuses? Can I use Social Armor to not appear as a clown, or even buy something from the Cartel Market?

Any other suggestions? I am really, really, really, enjoying the game so this isn't a "Can I have your stuff" type of thread.

Yes, as sages, we are reduced to looking like that if we want to keep set bonus' until we purchase the campaign armorings from the BH vendor. But if you don't care about the set bonus you can take those mods out of the gear and put it into social, modded, even cartel market gear if you want. It will cost you credit wise. So make sure you've got a some dailies run before you start ripping mods out.

For the free set of Tionese you get these days: sadly, the bonusses are tied to the shells instead of the armoring modifications. For some higher grade sets that were added later, the setbonusses are tied to the armoring modifications instead.

You CAN rip the mods out and put them in your own gear, but yes, that will cost you your setbonus. However, the setbonusses are for 2 and 4 pieces, while there are 5 pieces to the set. So you can ditch one piece (chestpiece!) right away. Just remove the mods and move them onto your normal chestpiece.

Now you'll want to look through your setbonusses for the remaining pieces.

If you feel you could do without the 4-piece bonus, then that means you could scrap 2 more pieces. Pick two from either legs, gloves or feet. Don't mind the stupid headpiece, just set that one to hidden! So from legs, gloves and feet, pick the one that looks least horrible and keep that. Rip the mods out of the other two, and move them into your usual gear.

Same thing again for the 2-piece bonus. Just consider whether you want to keep it or not. If not, then remove the mods from the final two pieces as well and move those to something more aesthetically pleasing if you think you could do without the setbonus.

Next: start grinding Blackhole commendations (daily missions!) to get armoring mods that do carry setbonusses. They use the same setbonusses, which is pretty convenients, so you could for example get some armoring mods for your usual boots with Blackhole comms, and replace the Tionese boots with your usual boots while keeping the setbonus intact.

You can also use armorings from PvP gear, but do keep in mind, that replacing the armoring of your Tionese boots with armoring from WH or EWH boots, turns your Tionese boots into WH or EWH boots, and the boots will no longer count for the Tionese setbonus, but instead count for the WH/EWH setbonus!

Edited by AsheraII

If you feel you could do without the 4-piece bonus, then that means you could scrap 2 more pieces. Pick two from either legs, gloves or feet. Don't mind the stupid headpiece, just set that one to hidden! So from legs, gloves and feet, pick the one that looks least horrible and keep that. Rip the mods out of the other two, and move them into your usual gear.

Boots can be conveniently hidden under a skirt.

Thanks guys. This helps some.

Out of curiosity, though, tiered armor after Tionese can be dealt with easier?

Some of it. Columi and Rakata still have the setbonusses on the shells, they're older sets, but after that it's on the armor modifications, and you can get those using Blackhole commendations, which are obtainable through some heroic dailies.