To Synergy and Strictly Business, your reputations are being called into question

Enexemander

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to reply to NoTomorrow's rant in the other thread because he's clearly too closed-minded to understand why lethality is useful. Sniper is a well-designed class--all 3 trees are good in different situations, depending on comp and map.

I'll say this though: lethality shouldn't be considered a DoT spec. It's a back-loaded burst spec, and the only way to do more damage than cull in a 3 second window is gored ravage. Cull happens every 9 seconds, the DoTs in between are just filler to apply pressure and to keep healers busy.

Anybody who says marksman is better at burst is misinformed. Marksman's strength is its ability to target switch instantly with a front-loaded burst sequence. If you coordinate cull with CC at the right times, marksman burst won't come close to lethality's.

Neither spec is "better" than the other and both are viable in RWZs. It's all relative.

Teacher sums up the issue nicely. I've been saying this since launch and whoever designed the sniper class and talents should be given a raise.

- Phal Jobs

Edited by Phalloceros

Nerd 1: Blah blah blah blah

Nerd 2: Blah blah blah blah blah

Nerd 3: Blah blah

Nerd 1: Blah

Nerd 2: Blah blah blah

These kinds of threads, especially the way it began...might as well say what is written above, accomplishes the same thing.

i·ro·ny

/ˈīrənē/

Noun

The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Adjective

Of or like iron: "an irony gray color".

Synonyms

noun.

taunt - sarcasm

adjective.

iron - ferreous - ferrous

Example: One person on a Star Wars video game forum calling another person a "nerd"

First of all, these guilds don't have many "Elite" players. The original Synergy was from The Maw, and they were terribad there. Then they came to The Bastion, and still struggled. Only with the fall of Bad Company and Don't Panic, did Synergy finally get players that can be reliable in PvP.

Lords of War was the "laughing stock of The Maw" because they were the worst Imp pvp guild on the server. Even Entity could beat you with their double Merc healer comp.

Remember Warpath? Their full A team came back for a Voidstar, and we capped a door in 20 seconds.

Yes we struggled when we transferred, but you did too. So did everyone.

On topic: Lethality is viable. I hate having to heal through the damage as a Sage, because I can't cleanse the dots. Cull + anything else - interrupting the Cull = dead Sage healer.

Edited by Easylikepie

I wouldnt sya they were "terribad". They were decent. Not as good as Mawstars or Warpath but still a decent guild with a few good players. You were right when you called out lords of war for claiming they dominated on the maw because they have always been bads. But synergy premades werent on the level of lords of war or into the darkness premades. They actually won enough of the time. who are you? animalmother or no?

Synergy is close to being real strong imo. Just need to replace a few players that they run with. Should b obvious to their strong players who need to sit on the bench.

You are right. I didn't mean to come across that they are horrible. They did have decent players. Right now, Synergy has the notion they are gods on the republic side. I wanted people to know their history and the reason they have players that are competitive in PvP. But I am not AnimalMother. He has left a long time ago

First of all, these guilds don't have many "Elite" players. The original Synergy was from The Maw, and they were terribad there. Then they came to The Bastion, and still struggled. Only with the fall of Bad Company and Don't Panic, did Synergy finally get players that can be reliable in PvP.

1. Fall of dont panic? They've queued at least 6 nights in the last 2 weeks. Probably more but that's all I saw online for. What guild are you in? Pretty sure you havent queued more then them.

2. We've been queuing rateds consistently for months, long before bad company dropped off.

I wouldnt sya they were "terribad". They were decent. Not as good as Mawstars or Warpath but still a decent guild with a few good players. You were right when you called out lords of war for claiming they dominated on the maw because they have always been bads. But synergy premades werent on the level of lords of war or into the darkness premades. They actually won enough of the time. who are you? animalmother or no?

Synergy is close to being real strong imo. Just need to replace a few players that they run with. Should b obvious to their strong players who need to sit on the bench.

1. Synergy was always better then warpath or mawstars for pvp on the maw. Warpath wasnt a very good pvp guild, it was only pve. (They killed kephiss on hardmode before anyone else did on the republic side). But really who cares? This is almost a year old news.

You are right. I didn't mean to come across that they are horrible. They did have decent players. Right now, Synergy has the notion they are gods on the republic side. I wanted people to know their history and the reason they have players that are competitive in PvP. But I am not AnimalMother. He has left a long time ago

I'm not sure where you are getting the notion that we think we are gods. That's a stupid comment. We dont "think" we are anything. We're just another guild.

Edited by Wuzan

I remember Warpath. You must be high if you think you were better. I know all of Warpath has quit, because I haven't seen this guild since The Maw. Warpath was the best on The Maw, then it was MawStars (Both were very good guilds). Then just to have a third place, it was Synergy. Edited by General_Aldo

1. Synergy was always better then warpath or mawstars for pvp on the maw. Warpath wasnt a very good pvp guild, it was only pve. (They killed kephiss on hardmode before anyone else did on the republic side). But really who cares? This is almost a year old news..

Its all ancient history now and doesnt mean anything but...any player from the maw can confirm that that is all bs. Synergy wasnt even close. They never beat mawstars. They never beat warpath. They werent even a close third. I think even the remnants of Entity, after all the good players left that guild, still beat synergy premades. Confirmable by any and all players who played on that server. All these listed guilds are dead and gone and Synergy is still around though so it doesnt really matter. Just dont kid yourself about the past.

Back to the present day though...I hope synergy does someway. somehow rise to the top on the bastion. Then maybe mvp will start looking around more and realizing that about half their guild has been carried by the very strong players all this time and the other half are barely above average.

And into the darkness need to realize that they have no idea how to play the game or their classes and are truly terrible players who should be embarrassed to call themselves a pvp guild. Terrible play. Horrible play. Worthless premades that are beyond carrying. Awful...just awful. Everyone in the guild. Have yet to see a single player in that guild hat has any clue about how to play his class. How can you be so bad? I honestly wonder if some of you are literally retarded. Im serious...

And Im the best player at every class I play and would probably be better than waka if I rolled a sin.

And justbodies needs to get a job and move out of his parents basement.

And Murkin should go back to his sin because he has no clue how to play a sentinel.

And all these kids who listen to dubstep are weirdos and need to rewire their brains and learn what real music is.

And rage spec marauders are more difficult to play at the highest level than carnage or annihilation so stop repeating everything you have heard about smash when 90% of you dont know the first thing about the spec and playing it optimally.

Edited by LegendaryQuan

Its all ancient history now and doesnt mean anything but...any player from the maw can confirm that that is all bs. Synergy wasnt even close. They never beat mawstars. They never beat warpath. They werent even a close third. I think even the remnants of Entity, after all the good players left that guild, still beat synergy premades. Confirmable by any and all players who played on that server. All these listed guilds are dead and gone and Synergy is still around though so it doesnt really matter. Just dont kid yourself about the past.

You speak the truth. Any player on The Maw can confirm that Synergy wasn't even in the top 3. Warpath was better by far. And to the present, I do hope Synergy does become top also, because they were from The Maw. And Sifu needs to realize that a majority of the good players in Synergy were from BC or DP. Synergy had VERY FEW good original players, if any at all.

I remember Regiment Chaos being the best on The Maw by far.

Edited by BlueMushroom