Swoop (speeder) racing

Onymus

I support swoop racing as a minigame/instance/warzone or whatever it takes to get in game.

Every player ends up getting at least one speeder and probably a good size collection of speeders as they level. Why not use these speeders for doing the swoop races? That being said let the speeders be customizable. I know that colors at pretty much set to keep the speeders unique. What about mods for speed boosts, knockoff resistance and of course engine sound (Star Wars is famous for attention to sound effects).

There could be billboards and advertising for the different tracks in spaceports and space stations. There could be swoop garages on the urbanized planets and chop shops on the frontier. Modding could be done in the garages, crafters could get a few recipes for speeder mods as well. I know that there have been other threads on this and I support them all I think swoop races would be a fun addition to the game.

One of the social items i loved from star wars galaxies was the race droid. This allowed you to place the droid and organise your own races, inputting waypoints/co/ordinates into it for check points. We also had 5 or 6 race tracks ingame also there, some in NPC cities some in the wilderness.

From a social aspect i really hope alot more is to come from Tor but these great features we had in SWG took some time to implement so hopefully in time we will have alot more social aspects ingame as i used to love doing server events on SWG