The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maybe don't rip off customers?

MUNKRAWK

Srsly, The Space Pirate packs say that there are increased chances to rare loot. I bought 8 of the other crime lord packs and got a bunch of speeders and crystals. and again did that. Then.. I decide to buy the 24 x crate of packs because the loot was INCREASED. Wow... was I ever mistaken. Out of 24 packs I got 2 speeders, 2 crystals and 27 boxes of belts and bracers. I have a FULL page of belts and bracers in my cargo bay. TOR, you REALLY should be ashamed of the Space Pirate packs. I mean for real. What a fail. I'm a very difficult person to disappoint too.

I think the OP has a right to complain. I did the same thing and bought a x24 Space Pack and ended up with a bunch of junk. I know it's random but it makes me wonder how much real money people spent to actually get the good items.

I knew the chances to get one of those Imperial thrones or Republic hover chairs were between slim and none but I figured out of 24 packs I would get one thing good, Maybe a weapon. :mad:

I got 2X Longspur STAPs (Big deal)

A bunch of crates for belts and bracers (A lot of junk)

At least 4-5 pets (Again junk)

6 Intimate emotes (Really?)

Some rare metals and jems (Meh)

A bunch of companion gifts (Meh)

All of the stuff listed above could easily be bought on the GTN for a lot less than I spent on the 24 packs. After that big letdown, I will never buy another Cartel pack again. It is just not worth it.

I think the OP has a right to complain. I did the same thing and bought a x24 Space Pack and ended up with a bunch of junk. I know it's random but it makes me wonder how much real money people spent to actually get the good items.

I knew the chances to get one of those Imperial thrones or Republic hover chairs were between slim and none but I figured out of 24 packs I would get one thing good, Maybe a weapon. :mad:

I got 2X Longspur STAPs (Big deal)

A bunch of crates for belts and bracers (A lot of junk)

At least 4-5 pets (Again junk)

6 Intimate emotes (Really?)

Some rare metals and jems (Meh)

A bunch of companion gifts (Meh)

All of the stuff listed above could easily be bought on the GTN for a lot less than I spent on the 24 packs. After that big letdown, I will never buy another Cartel pack again. It is just not worth it.

I bought a 24 pack and "A bunch of crates for belts and bracers (A lot of junk)" is all i got.

Never buying packs again.

**** that.

I agree random is random but the cartel packs are mostly disappointing. There certainly is some great items you can get but it really is better to just buy what you want off the GTN.

The banners, emotes, stupid ball toss thingy, and space ship floaty thing, and glowing eyes should really be removed from the packs IMO. Nothing more disappointing than getting that junk.

The color crystals and most of the mounts are really cool though.

I think they should tweak the drop rates or at least give better information about what the packs can actually contain. The information provided in the actual market is really vague.

the problem is several distinct things: fistly that there are some items universally in the packs (the crimson claw and sand devil speeder for example.) these are thus TOO common. BW needs to take those out of future packs.

secondly the space pirate pack is by and alrge a pack of "left overs from the first phase" the reason belts and bracers are rediculasly common is BW has basicly shoved belts and bracers for every set from the last 4 or so cartel packs in this one. leading to pack saturation.

honestly looking at the packs there's really nothing in this set of em save the thranta and terminus models that stand out as "must buys". I enjoy the packs, and useally buy a lotta em, but there's nothing even among the super rare drops, I find myself particularly wanting this time around

Dude calm down when u get those packs u roll the dice no garuntee of anything

While there is no guaranteed of what you're going to get, the box guaranteeds 2 or more rare items. In most boxes all you get is cheap, useless blue items that for a level 50 is totally useless.

You would think that rare items means purple items. But Bioware is giving out cheap blue items and calling them rare. If they're so rare, why is it your inventories are full of them? Or why is it you see these same items all the time. That's not the meaning of rare.

Op is correct. It's a big letdown. And not worth buying.

Edited by RikHar

Then don't get anymore. Random is random. If enough people decide that he packs are crap and don't buy them, a big draw and big moneymaker may cause a change. I bought a few of the previous packs and was underwhelmed. My CC are sitting unused until there is more of a reason to use them. I did not buy any CC, but would consider it if there was something I really wanted. BW has no reason to make them any better if people are wiling to spend their virtual currency or buy CC with real currency.

Then don't get anymore. Random is random. If enough people decide that he packs are crap and don't buy them, a big draw and big moneymaker may cause a change. I bought a few of the previous packs and was underwhelmed. My CC are sitting unused until there is more of a reason to use them. I did not buy any CC, but would consider it if there was something I really wanted. BW has no reason to make them any better if people are wiling to spend their virtual currency or buy CC with real currency.

True.

Best thing would be not to buy them. Unfortunately, players will continue to buy them and bioware will continue this same trend of flooding the market with the same garbage all the time.

Bioware is making a killing with the cartel market. It's the only thing they really care about now. For them it's the best idea they've come up with. For us, it's a crying shame.

You would think that rare items means purple items. But Bioware is giving out cheap blue items and calling them rare. If they're so rare, why is it your inventories are full of them? Or why is it you see these same items all the time. That's not the meaning of rare.

Well its all a lie then. How can they, on one hand, guarantee rares in the pack - but on the other hand, if every pack contained them they wouldn't be rare any more. Bioware makes no sense.

Edited by atschai

While I agree that random is random, I'm not so sure the random is random, when the numbers are set up to be fixed towards certain items.

Well, hence why some items are specifically considered "rare" items. Of course, even then, people don't understand that "rare" does not have to also mean "useful". Certain speeders or pets may be considered "rare" by the system, even though no player really wants them. I don't really want to defend exploitative and generally shady market practices (and make no mistake, I would definitely call these gamble packs exploitative and generally shady), but the only reason they keep getting put on the market is because people remain willing to shell out four bucks at a time for items they'll probably never use.