The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Login Service Currently Unavailable

TheNevet

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant log in either. I tried twice. I figured I'd try updating the game from this mornings update. I guess I was wrong.

My Internet is DSLextreme which is using the phone lines from AT&T in my area.

It's funny how it tells me to go to the forums and yet I didnt see an official thread from EA-BW.

No new info on this login issue Eric?

nvm, just worked for me, after I clicked the little double arrow icon next to the gear icon on my login screen, selected regular servers (test servers was highlighted) click next and it worked.

Edited by Zataos

I cant log in either. I tried twice. I figured I'd try updating the game from this mornings update. I guess I was wrong.

My Internet is DSLextreme which is using the phone lines from AT&T in my area.

It's funny how it tells me to go to the forums and yet I didnt see an official thread from EA-BW.

That's because it's just an auto-statement. But still, an official statement would be nice

I logged in just fine earlier this afternoon. But now I can't log in, the "login service is unavailable, please check our forums" message shows up every time. I do not have a security key.

And, right after posting, I successfully logged in!

I was also unable to login to the forums on Firefox. I closed Firefox and then it worked (logging in). I don't really think it is related, but you never know. Firefox is my default browser. I'm posting this from Chrome.

Edited by Truffula
further information

I've tried the suggested work-arounds to no avail. I was able to download the patch this morning, but tonight I can't get back in. Oh well, I have a book I'd like to finish reading, so I guess I'll try again later. Of course this was my first day back since December. Does this bode well for me and the game? Best of luck Developers in finding the problem! I hope to be back to the game soon.

Cheers!

Can't log in either and the worse part is I have to type in the freaking stupid security key so it's a PITA x 10! :mad:

I really wish it was easier to get rid of my security key because it take so damn long to get to a real person on phone to get rid of it.

Post patch. Played earlier today with no problems. No I can't login in at all. Repair feature doesn't work. Checked all fittings on all cable lines running to modem, reset modem to factory settings and reconfigured it to play, reset and reconfigured router as well. Still saying, "The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums for the latest updates on the status of this service." Checked for server issues on the website and there are no problems with either servers I run my characters on.

What are we to do? Wait it out at the expense of our subscription time?

To add to the flushdns solution. Make sure you run your MS/DOS prompt as administrator and swtor as administrator.

Then type "ipconfig /flushdns"

It was not working for me until I tried running as admin. Hope this helps.

my pc and games continualy run as Admin m8 - its an issue at the developers side - all these patches and expansions are just making things worse from i see