Login Service Currently Unavailable

TheNevet

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having problems even atter Eric's post, but flushing the dns cache worked. Here's what I did exactly:

Close the game completely, run ipconfig /flushdns from the command line prompt, and then reload the launcher.

Working for me now, downloading today's patch.

This is still occurring, I have tried unistalling the game and reinstalling the game, then restarting my computer. Tried clearing the ipconfig thing on here too, that didn't work. the repair button does not work and i can't find a fixer file.

It was fine for me about 12:30 EST today on this same machine and again at 6pm est. about 9pm i tried to log in again and am now receiving the message.

One indicator I have noticed is that the Windows 8 "processing" spinny wheel activates as well as the launcher processing wheel and both didn't do that before.

Please hurry and fix this, I'm starting to itch. If this isn't fixed within the next hour i'm gonna go full on trainspotting in here.

still cant get in and tried the dns flush

To those trying the flushdns approach:

I make no claim to whether that should or should not work with you. It worked for me - but with a twist.

To udnerstand that we need to understand what flushdns does. The underlying assumption is that there are old, incorrect DNS entries stuck in your DNS cache, for whatever reason. Now, as far as Windows is concerned, flushdns solves that problem (if it doesnt. you quite likely have no local cache). But ... as soon as you have a router connecting you to your ISP (and that is the majority of people) that router has its own DNS cache, too.

So you need to reboot your router as well. Flushdns alone didn't work for me; rebooting the router and doing it again did the trick.

And good luck :-)

Still NOT resolved.......totally frustrating, and not fun at all. Loosing confidence in EA's ability to manage this game....one mistep after another. Spent way too much time trying to just log in, especially for a sub. Guess I'll go do something else. Sigh..... :mad:

To those trying the flushdns approach:

I make no claim to whether that should or should not work with you. It worked for me - but with a twist.

To udnerstand that we need to understand what flushdns does. The underlying assumption is that there are old, incorrect DNS entries stuck in your DNS cache, for whatever reason. Now, as far as Windows is concerned, flushdns solves that problem (if it doesnt. you quite likely have no local cache). But ... as soon as you have a router connecting you to your ISP (and that is the majority of people) that router has its own DNS cache, too.

So you need to reboot your router as well. Flushdns alone didn't work for me; rebooting the router and doing it again did the trick.

And good luck :-)

Why? I never had to do this in the past with any other online game. Why this game? What is the client doing to my computer that requires me to flush my DNS?.. I don't by it.. This isn't and issue on the player system.. This is something that is happening at the source.. For what reason? I don't know maybe someone Admin will fill in the blanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.